10-24hrs with calling and social usage...
    Same, and I'm on the latest update.

[Sent from my BlackBerry]
    11-08-12 07:26 AM
    Well I'm getting an easy 2 days between charges with my normal usage - as good as any other smart phone I've had and better than most. Very slow drain rate on stand by even with email notifications coming in every few minutes or so. Running v7.1.0.746
    11-09-12 10:04 AM
    Two days?!
    I must be really abusing this thing!

11-09-12 12:32 PM
    Two days?!
    I must be really abusing this thing!

Thats what I thought or it was a very power hungry app I had installed.

Must admit that this .746 version is the best for battery life. Keep up the good work RIM
    11-11-12 03:20 PM
    Agreed. It's keeping up well with all my usage!

[Sent from my BlackBerry 9790]
    11-11-12 08:02 PM
    Try Berrylicious hybrid... My 9790 with 746 base and Berrylicious RC7b lasts easily 24 hours with a lot of use. I could be just charging overnight but I have a spare battery and swap it when it runs out, keeping up with the old practice of fully cycling them
    11-14-12 11:50 AM
    I'm totally in love with the latest OS version 7.1.0.746.
    It offers the best batterlife for me.
    My drain rate is at 2,25% in standby mode on 3G.

At 5,22% with heavy usage.

And around 10% with "hardcore"usage, which means youtube streaming, permanent surfing and texting on 3G!

Here are my tips to save battery up for to 2days:

- 2G only, when not surfing the internet
    - turn off GPS
    - set your fb, twitter etc. to the maximum "refresh"time (1hour or so) or refresh manually.
    - set batterysafe mode to "always on"
    - I also use IM+, it's an awesome messenger, but also a REAL battery-eater! Just use that kind of messengers, when you really need it, otherwise cut the connection while not needing it.
    - set ringtone to "sound only", vibrating+sound also eats battery.
    - I also use beWeather: no refreshes between 8pm to 7am (it's in the settings)
    - only run apps in background you really need, otherwise close them.
    - Use WiFi when you got access to a rooter, otherwise turn off all your connections you don't need.

Hope that helps you a bit.
    11-15-12 05:36 PM
    Where'd you get the hybrid os ?
    03-23-13 12:53 AM
    My 9790 has been relegated to back up status to my Z10 but it still has its strengths, one of which is its battery life. I've been using it for the last couple of days while my wife tries out my Z10 while she's on a business trip. I'm not a heavy user, at least not normally, I've got WiFi, Bluetooth, and NFC all off until I need them, that's out of habit more than anything. It came off charge at 7:00am yesterday and as of 9:30 this morning, 26.5 hours later, it was sitting at 45%. I threw it on charge anyway as I'm heading out and I want to make sure I have power until this evening. Battery longevity is the primary reason the 9790 became my "go to" phone over my 9900.
    03-23-13 11:31 AM
    i normally can go all day with my 9790 unless i'm heavy browsing. The best Hybrid OS would be the BL(Berrylicious). The ones in the hybrid section of this forum. Now you have to be careful installing a hybrid but, the thread is good and the guys are super helpful .

http://forums.crackberry.com/hybrid-os-f224/

Sent from my BlackBerry 9790 using Tapatalk
    03-23-13 08:54 PM
    I have tested for Battery Life Smartphone Blackberry Bold 9790. So, My blackberry version OS 7.1.0.907 from Austria A1. Battery was quieted ( not drain ). I'm sure, if it was more applications online. It can be drain fast, so you must close all applications was running.
    03-29-13 12:52 AM
    i was having same problem with the battery, it heats up and drains withing 2 hours but since i upgraded to the current os .907... the battery life has been awesome and the phone seldom heats up, think thats the best part of the new upgrade so far from all other ones .. i have tried them all .
    03-30-13 05:50 AM
    I am running OS 7.1 on my 9790, i guess this battery saving mode works for me though. i unplugged from the mains charger at 1:30 am and now its already 8:00 pm, my battery is still 40 percent with constant bbm use, facebook and little calls here and there. without battery saving mode turned on anytime, my battery would have been half at around 10am..now i think its better
    08-27-13 11:02 AM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD