I have a Bold 9780. It seems to me that the BlackBerry does not have very good sensitivity when it comes to the cell network.

My son has a Samsung slider phone (also T-Mo). Yesterday, we traveled from OKC to Tulsa. When my Blackberry would show 2 bars of EDGE, his would have two bars of 3G. In and around the cities of Tulsa and OKC, the signal strength is usually 3G. When I was in San Diego last week, my phone would not connect, while two guys I was with (both with Androids) had full strength 3G, one via Verizon, and the other via AT&T.

Many times, such as in Omaha, my phone shows no service from T-Mo, but it will show SOS with AT&T, while my son's phone shows full service with AT&T.

Is this a known BlackBerry problem? I think that the problem is with the BlackBerry, but maybe with how T-Mo provisions the phone? I am actually becoming increasingly unhappy with my BlackBerry.

Comments welcome.
    09-05-11 01:35 PM
    Samsung is not even in the same league as BlackBerry as far as reception is concerned. It's either a network issue or a faulty device. Your BlackBerry could have a bad OS that might need updating, but it shouldn't be like what you're describing.

Is your son on AT&T or T-Mobile? If he's on a different network then you can't really compare them.
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-06-11 01:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD