Is The 9780 really crap?
    This phone Has everything to be a winner, and i can hear it's problema, problema and problema. The number one, The keypad shutter

Is this phone really, really bad?

Thanks for your opinion
    07-19-11 05:11 PM
    If the one that you have has problems I'd say it is.
    If not its fine.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-19-11 05:15 PM
    It is as much crap as any other phone.
    07-19-11 05:15 PM
    But The keypad shutter? Everywhere i turn, all i can hear it's The keypad problem. I don't hear almost anyone talks about positive things about this phone. That's why i ask.
    07-19-11 05:18 PM
    Mine has a little stutter but the biggest keyboard frustration for me is the pointy keys that your fingers roll off and hit the key beside it as well. My old 8900 had a way better key pad.
    07-19-11 05:37 PM
    Yes, I have a stuttering keyboard, just means I need to pay a bit more attention to what I type (good we have autotext and spell check). Some people don't thou. It seems to be a problem in the manufacturing of some plats, not all of them.

For the past 6 month, it seems nobody says anything but negative stuff about BlackBerry, that's why you only hear what you hear.

@blackmoe: Hmm.. My fingers never do that... Quite strange.
    Last edited by diegonei; 07-19-11 at 06:20 PM.
    07-19-11 06:18 PM
    Yes, I have a stuttering keyboard, just means I need to pay a bit more attention to what I type (good we have autotext and spell check). Some people don't thou. It seems to be a problem in the manufacturing of some plats, not all of them.

@blackmoe: Hmm.. My fingers never do that... Quite strange.
    Actually I try to type with my thumbs :-)
    07-19-11 06:20 PM
    Actually I try to type with my thumbs :-)
    Indeed, I did mean thumbs. Finger typing (as in, like in a computer keyboard) is really a bad idea on any BlackBerry device.

Still. You're the 1st one I see with slippery thumbs.
    07-19-11 06:37 PM
    Indeed, I did mean thumbs. Finger typing (as in, like in a computer keyboard) is really a bad idea on any BlackBerry device.

Still. You're the 1st one I see with slippery thumbs.
    They don't so much slip as roll off the side since the keys are pointier than previous berries.
    Last edited by blackmoe; 07-19-11 at 09:27 PM.
    07-19-11 06:42 PM
    i love my 9780 and have no complaints about it.
    07-19-11 06:47 PM
    i switched from a 9800 to a 9780.. most people i know tell me it's a downgrade... but i say it's not... at all.
    even if the keypads sometime has its own world, try the 9800.. when you have to almost do a "surepress" because of how the keys are cramped together.

anyway, every phone has it's pros and cons.
    07-19-11 09:24 PM
    I only had one 9780 with that problem, and it was the first one I got, back in November. Since then, I've had to warranty exchange it twice, for unrelated reasons, and none of my other phones have had this problem. I also use a black 9780, and it has never stuttered once. However, my mom's friend got a white 9780 and was thinking about returning it because it was stuttering, she thought all BlackBerrys did this. I cleared it up and told her it's (sadly) a known issue, and to call Tmobile. My mom and sister both have 9780s and neither of theirs have had the issue either..I think the 9780 is a solid phone, I've never had any real issues, except for a dead pixel and a key that physically stuck. Other than that, they're great phones, and in my mind, a substantial upgrade over the 9700, which always has the clock, a browser that closes due to lack of memory, and just overall has gotten slow.
    07-19-11 09:25 PM
    yea i think the 9780 is crap because the kardashians make it crap by using it.i think the kardashians are crap and absolutely suck and plain ugly.
    Last edited by chetan1285; 07-19-11 at 09:39 PM.
    povd likes this.
    07-19-11 09:32 PM
    Compared to iPhone and Android-powered handsets, huge pile of crap. As a go-to handset for pounding out e-mails and texts and making phone calls, not so much.
    07-19-11 10:46 PM
    I have the keyboard stutter, but its not that bad. There are times where it drives me crazy, then I go days without a stutter at all. Overall, my 9780 stands tall as the best cell phone I have ever used, beating out 3 previous Android devices.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-19-11 11:14 PM
    ok, i�ve just bought a new 9780. it is fine at the moment.
    But so afraid, that everything it�s working fine, and after 1 month the keypad start to stutter
    07-20-11 05:17 AM
    I have purcahsed five 9780 units. Of those five three have developed the keyboard stutter. BOTH of the non-warranty international units from Amazon have worked with out flaw on AT&T!

I think RIM found out about the keyboard and fixed it before it made these Amazon units.
    07-20-11 05:18 AM
    I'm sick and tired of hearing every time that 9780 is a crap. Phone is not a crap. It's exactly like any other phone with it's Cons and Pros. Either you like it and use it, or you don't. I find it a good phone that suits me. If you don't like it change it and get another model....
    07-20-11 07:36 AM
    But The keypad shutter? Everywhere i turn, all i can hear it's The keypad problem. I don't hear almost anyone talks about positive things about this phone. That's why i ask.
    That's because they are too busy playing with it.
    07-20-11 07:41 AM
    I have the keyboard stutter and it doesn't bother me that much. Other then that I absolutely love my phone.
    07-20-11 08:15 AM
    Hello,

I have been using the 9780 for 3 days now, coming from a Wave S8500, and all I can say is I LOVE IT!!! A MUST HAVE!!!
    Gosh! Am I glad I bought it
    07-20-11 11:13 AM
    I'm using the 9780 for more than a month now, and I'm really happy with it.

- No stuttering for me, except the Z key is a little stiff.
    - Light leaks at few parts around the bezel, which I was quite affected at first.

If you can ignore a few of it's flaws, there are really a lot to love about the phone!

- Relatively good keypad
    - The phone is a good size (for me)
    - Nice sharp screen
    - Has decent camera with flash
    - A phone you can trust when using for communication, BBM, reliable email, Gtalk bla bla

If you like it, get it. If you're unsure, I personally think you should wait for the new bold.
    07-20-11 11:22 AM
    My 9780 is splendid. Have no complaints. Earlier unit had a loose Mini-USB on the device so had the whole device replaced. Problems on 9780 were I suppose earlier but am told all 2011 manufactured devices are now fine as RIM QC has woken up after a good shake-up.

Is it Crap? **** - NO WAY !!
    07-20-11 11:33 AM
    I have few of them..
    It’s camera is bad (why RIM provides bad camera) don’t need one.
    It has memory expander via microSD card (music quality is not so good, small screen to watch videos, 512 is enough for attachments (5 MB max), now why do you need memory expansion.)
    For most of people using BB as a communication tool, camera and memory card is waste of money and hardware, instead they should focus on internal memory (app memory), better ergonomic keypad, big screens, better browser and major improvement in over all BB experience
    07-21-11 12:01 PM
    Remember - forums are here for fans to help fix problems for other fans. Community help. So you will find that 90% of posts are about problems as people happy with their phones are out there playing with them.

Funnily enough, I'd make the exact opposite comments to infinus. Just personal experience. This is my first Blackberry, purchased in March. Plenty of experience with trouble shooting other brands of smartphone due to my job, but never owned one before.

* The camera is surprisingly good. Was shocked how well it worked at a concert in the O2 without flash. There was a time I never saw the point in a camera on a phone, now I realise that it can be handy to have to hand. Has already allowed me on my job to access areas that my head won't fit, but a hand waving a camera will.

* Memory card is great and already expanded to 16GB for more photos and carrying music. Swappable cards are handy as easy to change, and easy to copy files to a computer even when Blackberry Cables not to hand. (A �2 EBay micro SDcard reader now lives on my keyring)

* As my music is FLAC and I have replaced the stock headphones with Sennheiser's I have been amazed at quite how much detail is being played in the music. I realised I was hearing things in the backgrounds of some Pink Floyd tracks I have never heard before.

* UMA has been a great feature to me as phone signal in my house is next to nothing. Now thanks to my WiFi I can get coverage throughout my old Victorian house. No more standing next to the window without moving to complete a call.

* I dropped the bare phone onto tarmac from about four foot high. It landed on the edge, bounced, span, dropped again on the other edge. Phone did not care. Couple of scratch marks on the casing, but phone all fine. I wonder if an iPhone owner would let me try that same test?

* WiFi is comically much better than an iPhone. Had a client whining about "bad wifi coverage in the office". I walked into the room with my Blackberry and found three bars when he had none.

* Battery is good and seems to go at least a couple of days. This includes me playing music on it. And thanks to home WiFi and UMA the phone is now not constantly boosting to get the weak signal and therefore flattening my battery. (I don't use any Apps and have even remove all the Facebook\Twitter\etc)

* Syncing with Outlook to enable me to backup contacts, diary, etc has been really helpful.

* Not having to use iTunes. Well, that alone is a reason to buy this instead of an iPhone. The RIM software sticks to the jobs it should be doing - syncing, backup and software upgrade. It does not try and take over your computer with a rubbish Media Player trying to sell you stuff.

* The Blackberry is a professional phone. Not some toy computer for playing games and apps on. If you want a quality device which has a well thought out OS and hardware - get a Blackberry. If gimmicks and "Angry Birds" is important to you, then go iPhone\Android. Just don't come asking to borrow my electric when your battery drains away before the end of the day.

This phone is already changing the way I do things. Carrying less electronic devices in my pocket. And having more data available to hand. I also know there are still more things for me to discover on this cute little device. A great little purchase.
    jack57 and AceStreaming like this.
    07-21-11 03:12 PM
45 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD