So after all the discussion over the last few days about 6.0.0.638, I was going to try and downgrade my device to .600 and see whether I could then manage to grab all the necessary files for .638 as part of the (hopefully still available to me) upgrade process...

I was very surprised therefore to see the attached when I plugged my BB into DM this morning! It would appear that I'm being offered another update beyond .638 to .643! I have no clue why this is happening if others aren't getting the same.

Anyway, mindful of the comments over the last few days, I let the DM OTA download go ahead and sure enough it filled a new Loader Cache folder with both Java (499 files) and UMTS (1 .sfi file). After it downloaded everything I disconnected the device and quickly copied all the files/folders to a safe place. Sure enough, once I told DM that I didn't want to proceed for the time being it deleted the original download cache.

So my question is: do people need anything else beyong the contents of the Java and UMTS folders in order to reconstruct a full install? If not then I'll bundle the files I have in a .zip for people with more time than I to create the appropriate installation file. I'll also go ahead with the install on my device. Once again, I don't want to publish a public link myself but am happy for someone else to do that - send me a PM please.

Hopefully this has covered all the bases and doesn't upset anyone's sensitivities this time.

CB
    Last edited by CelticBerry; 07-30-11 at 04:57 AM. Reason: Spelling correction
    69goat likes this.
    07-30-11 04:37 AM
    Can we please get the sfi this time round lol

EDIT

CB, please PM when uploaded
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by zocster; 07-30-11 at 06:06 AM.
    07-30-11 05:58 AM
    Yep, I have the sfi this time!

Uploading to a dropbox now over my appallingly slow Saturday morning connection... Will PM you when done.

CB
    donay likes this.
    07-30-11 06:25 AM
    Thanks CB, and folks, look! All you have to do is ask, and is given. Don't be a noddy, respect CB's simple wish.

07-30-11 06:27 AM
    How can I install this one?
    07-30-11 06:35 AM
    I will do a detailed guide later when its done my end, I just loaded a hybrid I threw together from previous lol.

07-30-11 06:39 AM
    Ok thanks for that. I hope you can do it now as I want to upgrade my OS
    07-30-11 06:45 AM
    Don't we all?! Lol get a number and don't push in.

07-30-11 06:46 AM
    Ok please give me a ticket to stand in the que :P
    07-30-11 06:49 AM
    Sorry - living in the sticks means I'm lucky to get 1MB download (.25MB up) on a good day. Right now it keeps dropping out and restarting the 90MB upload - dropbox is reporting over an hour to go! Will reply to all the PMs once it's there.

CB
    07-30-11 06:57 AM
    Thanks for your work CB add me to your ввм� if you like

07-30-11 07:02 AM
    If anyone throws together a hybrid for this please PM me a link for the .exe download or cods. I had a bad experience yesterday with .638 but want to give this a try. Thanks in advance!
    07-30-11 09:06 AM
    Any news on the upload yet CB? Looking forward to trying this one out.

07-30-11 09:15 AM
    Yeah, if anyone can get a download of this one, please send the link by PM to me.
    07-30-11 09:39 AM
    I find it silly that we have to ask for the link.

You don't see anyone else doing such thing. If you want to re-distribute, then go ahead and do it. Else, this is just some ego-sturbation.

Sorry, just my two cents on this.

You'd get many Likes and Thanks if you'd post it. It will be available sometime anyway you know? Might as well take advantage now.
    anon(4021844) and audio_engr like this.
    07-30-11 10:26 AM
    I find it silly that we have to ask for the link.

You don't see anyone else doing such thing. If you want to re-distribute, then go ahead and do it. Else, this is just some ego-sturbation.

Sorry, just my two cents on this.

You'd get many Likes and Thanks if you'd post it. It will be available sometime anyway you know? Might as well take advantage now.
    It's nothing to do with ego - I really don't care what you or anyone else thinks. It's to do with the fact that I suspect this is not supposed to be publicly released code yet. Having worked closely with RIM in the past, I know all too well how 'protective' their legal dept. can be and have no wish to receive a 'cease & desist' or worse from them. As I said in the OP, if someone else wishes to publish here or elsewhere then that's up to them - their risk not mine and I'm cool with that. Apparently however this wasn't clear enough for some people. Unfortunately when people are rude about it I'm more inclined just to walk away and forget about helping the wider BlackBerry community.

My PC is still struggling to upload the file but I'll leave it on whilst I'm out this evening and hopefully it will have succeeded by the time I get back. If not then I'll try something else later.

CB
    Sator and Batter Pudding like this.
    07-30-11 11:20 AM
    well,
    jealousy is worse....
    07-30-11 01:51 PM
    Ok this is amazing any of this OS released on BlackBerry Download Page 2 OS in 3 Days oh come on Monday what will release OS 7? or some 6.0.0.7XX? jajajajajajajajaj ....
    07-30-11 02:14 PM
    Wow - some of you need to grow up and find some patience. CelticBerry is letting people know about something interesting going on on his PC for the Blackberry, but does not have the bandwidth to share to all yet. Clearly there is some kind of beta offering coming his way. So he comes here to share his lucky story... and pass it on to some select people to investigate.

That to me sounds great and very helpful. In a few days time there will be a newly created release posted somewhere. These threads are letting us know that RIM is still developing for us. Which is surely good news?

So why can't the impatient wait? There is no need to abuse the man. This is supposed to be a "community". If I got the abuse CB is getting, I'd just stop sharing.

And as to upload speeds... if you lived in the UK countryside you would realise that upload speeds are rather slow away from the cities. Pigeon post would be quicker. Time for IP via Avian Carrier ( http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc1149.txt )
    07-30-11 02:15 PM
    Yeah, coming here and telling us he found the updates IS great. Only distributing the files to a few isn't.

The legal reasoning IS sound. Good point. And yes it was not clear enough. At least now it is.

Still, the OS it available for download via DM. All he had to do is hint Rroyy or ANY blackberry blog, they would have uploaded the links for everybody to download and RIM would be none the wiser. Isn't this how the whole leak thing works anyway?

As for download speeds, I' very sorry to hear. I know how terrible slow internet can be. But he did manage to sent it to people anyway didn't he?
    Last edited by diegonei; 07-30-11 at 02:37 PM.
    07-30-11 02:35 PM
    The subject is moot, I still haven't got it and sure I will load when I have and share when I do.

07-30-11 02:38 PM
    UMTS/Java Folder only: Multiupload.com - upload your files to multiple file hosting sites!
    Home made installer .exe - 6.0.0.643 (Official) - Downloads - BBH-Plus Forums
    Last edited by lyricidal; 07-30-11 at 07:24 PM.
    diegonei, 69goat, tryfe and 3 others like this.
    07-30-11 04:52 PM
    That's more like it... thanks as always Lyr!

Elite1 likes this.
    07-30-11 06:05 PM
    +1 to @lyricidal - Nice .....

Contemplating whether to chuck .480 for this
    07-30-11 07:01 PM
    Did you make the homemade installer (exe file)?
    Edit: Never mind. I see that you did. Sorry
    Last edited by laurah2215; 07-30-11 at 07:09 PM.
    07-30-11 07:03 PM
72 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD