10-20-11 02:21 AM
112 ... 345
tools
    For all you's out there, there's no need to get the so-called keytune/membrane. I've just done it on mine, you just need to carefully remove the sticky membrane using an exacto knife, clean the keypad board as suggested using an eraser, and sticky the membrane again carefully, aligning the buttons with the copper board buttons. Hope this helps.
    07-13-11 05:27 AM
    gotta say thanks to 6-sic-6 for the awesome solution! good job!
    07-13-11 05:29 AM
    Having customers rebuild a BRAND NEW phone so that it works properly is an absolute joke. RIM wonders why their stock is going down so badly, maybe build a quality control department that knows how to read and write. Funny how they will offer a warranty call backs and send out another POS with the same problem, instead of doing a recall and actually fix the issue. The second you crack your case open to do this fix, your warranty is void.

I fixed my keyboard shutter issue and it was VERY simple... i got an Android, problem solved...

Until BB learns how to build a phone, with a functional keyboard, an OS that is even semi glitch free, and having to update software on a weekly basis to see whether anything is better, im done. Ive been loyal FAR too long for no apparent reason. How can a guy even defend these devices as being superior to iphone or any android, theres nothing better... BBM is leterally the only thing i miss. Good luck everyone...
    07-13-11 12:32 PM
    The mods should change the title of this thread as the problem was never solved.
    r_2key likes this.
    07-13-11 01:09 PM
    Followed to a "T" except i didn't get a new Keytune. Just cleaned this one and no more stutter. Me likeeee!
    09-28-11 04:08 AM
    I install Official OS 6.0.0.666, n somehow this fix my keypad stutter problem, i use this OS for 3 days n the problem is gone by it self, maybe it isn't hardware problem?
    09-29-11 09:14 AM
    i had this issue while back.. had tmo swap out phone. said this is common problem. we did a little trouble shooting but in end shipped me out new phone and sooo much better was a pain typing before.
    09-29-11 11:35 AM
    If this problem is so common, it is a faulty product and they should all be replaced or fixed for free.
    Remember when the Xbox360 had all those issues, Microsoft needed to step-up and replace them or they would have been forced to do it in court.
    RIM needs legal motivation to do the right thing?
    10-16-11 05:56 PM
    I was skeptical at first as well but updating to .666 from .480, I don't have the multi-key input.
    10-16-11 06:54 PM
    I installed the new leaked OS update, .668 and the issue seems to be resolved. I would advise avoiding opening your device like this.
    10-17-11 03:30 PM
    Wow. This seemed so like a hardware problem. I'm on my third 9780 with TMO for this and GPS issues. I updated to an official 6.0.0.668 release yesterday afternoon and I have not experience a single stutter. If this holds (and my GPS and UMA call dropping issues are resolved by this) I'll be a super happy camper. I'm truly disappointed in TMO for rarely releasing OS updates...I was on the latest from them at 6.0.0.448.

The only hitch I encountered was that Visual Voice Mail failed for a bit. I was getting a message that my account was not valid. I deactivated VVM via the options in the phone app and reactivated. After a little while it sprang back to life. We'll see if it sticks.
    10-19-11 11:43 PM
    I'm on .480 (stock fw) and never had this stuttering issues at all. I hope it will never happen on my 9780.
    10-20-11 02:21 AM
112 ... 345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD