Recently had to switch from my Bell 9810 to an iPhone 5.
    My personal Berry is a 9780 from Wind and whenever I was in an Away Zone I would have my data off when roaming and pair with the hotspot on my 9810. Up would come my little blackberry icon and I would continue to get my gmail, bbm etc.... Same as when you're roaming out of country and using wifi at your hotel, having activated data for a moment to pull down the local provider's service books.
    Now that I've had to switch from the 9810 to an iPhone 5 I'm not getting through. The 9780 will join the iPhone's Personal Hotspot but it will not get any BIS related services......
    Is this an iPhone thing? Since I can pair the 9780 with wifi anywhere else, whether it's a newer berry or a ten year old linksys router.....
    Been on the iPhone for a week now and definitely miss my Berry for work.....
    03-11-13 02:07 PM
    Same problem for me, except I'm on a 9900.

Any thoughts?
    04-10-13 09:22 AM
    I think it's cuz of the security of the network.. I used my phone with my common lounge wifi (with WPA2 Personal) i didn't get the 4 dots. but when i connect to my personal wifi (with WPA2-TKIP) i get the 4 dots instantly (as soon as it connects to the network, that is )
    I would recommend changing the hotspot's security settings and checking this!
    04-15-13 12:29 AM
    hey just go to apn settings in your black better turn them on and put in internet.windmobile.ca and save it that will make the black berry work

for the iphone 5 i donno how to get the hotspot to work but if u want data just put in the same apn
    04-29-13 10:02 PM