Hello.
    Entering the picture gallery i see thumbnails of all images i have. Unfortunately, after the opening of some of them i have a black background and the image is not displayed.
    At first i thought that the graphics are damaged, but being in the open picture (black background) by clicking the "Set as Wallpaper" i can set the picture as wallpaper. What can cause no display of some graphics?
    I also noticed that every new image added to the gallery is displayed in black and there is no longer up to the thumbnails. I took the option to "repair the card" from the BB menu and it did not work, i tried to format SD card, but still nothing. Any ideas?
    06-17-12 05:19 AM
    I have a similar problem at the moment. Lots of pics / music etc gone. They are there on the card I just can't view them.

I'm waiting on the delivery of a card reader and go from there. I didn't find any help on SanDisk's website which I was hoping for.
    06-17-12 05:55 AM
    Thumbnails get corrupted at times. Attach phone to a computer and delete the cache files.

(Backup first) With phone attached to the PC, look in the \Blackberry\System\media\ folder. Trash the thumbs files in there and I expect the phone will generate clean copies again.

That system folder is a "hidden" file in windows so you'll need to turn them on (ask if you don't know what I am talking about)
    Jash777 and chiniki like this.
    06-17-12 08:33 AM
    Another trick with a microSD card that is playing up. (This is method I use to swap to a new card)

Connect phone to PC (Or use a card reader)

Turn on hidden files.
    Make a folder on your PC.
    Copy contents of SD Card to this folder on PC. All of it.
    Check your backup is complete - check the photos, etc.
    Now reformat that SD Card.
    (Do a full disk check as well to be happy the card is not corrupting)
    Copy everything back to the card.
    Jash777 likes this.
    06-17-12 08:45 AM
    Another trick with a microSD card that is playing up. (This is method I use to swap to a new card)

Connect phone to PC (Or use a card reader)

Turn on hidden files.
    Make a folder on your PC.
    Now reformat that SD Card.
    (Do a full disk check as well to be happy the card is not corrupting)
    Copy everything back to the card.
    I did this yesterday, but this doesn't help. I still see some thumbnails, but after open i don't see picture, only black background. Green strip stiil loading and loading gallery...
    06-17-12 09:27 AM
    I did this yesterday, but this doesn't help. I still see some thumbnails, but after open i don't see picture, only black background. Green strip stiil loading and loading gallery...
    Have you tried deleting the cache files I pointed to above?

Also note which image is the last one you see. Then try and look in the phone folder to see what is coming next and maybe move it off of the phone. Could be a dodgy image.

What does the image folder look like when viewed from your PC?

When in the camera itself, can you scroll through all the images from that screen? Or are thumbnails broken there as well?
    06-17-12 09:48 AM
    Have you tried deleting the cache files I pointed to above?

Also note which image is the last one you see. Then try and look in the phone folder to see what is coming next and maybe move it off of the phone. Could be a dodgy image.

What does the image folder look like when viewed from your PC?

When in the camera itself, can you scroll through all the images from that screen? Or are thumbnails broken there as well?
    No, i didn't delete becuse i thought that helps only for broken thumbnails.
    For example i see thumbnail of "wallpaper.jpg", bu if i open this thumbnail i see black background.
    If i plug in my BB to PC and open folder "pictures" i see everything and i can open every image.
    06-17-12 10:01 AM
    No, i didn't delete becuse i thought that helps only for broken thumbnails.
    For example i see thumbnail of "wallpaper.jpg", bu if i open this thumbnail i see black background.
    If i plug in my BB to PC and open folder "pictures" i see everything and i can open every image.
    I'd still try deleting the thumbnails, as it won't harm anything. May help kick the phone into reloading the images properly.
    06-17-12 10:38 AM
    I'd still try deleting the thumbnails, as it won't harm anything. May help kick the phone into reloading the images properly.
    OK, i'll try
    06-17-12 11:03 AM
    So, i did this:
    Turn on hidden files.
    Make a folder on PC.
    Now reformat that SD Card, but format with PC menu not BB menu format
    Now everthing works and i have more free space (about 800 mega)
    Thanks for help
    06-18-12 05:38 AM
    @Jash777: excellent. Sounds like you had some corrupted files there. Great that it now works for you.
    Jash777 likes this.
    06-18-12 06:01 AM
    i have deleted some of my original apps from my playbook like camera pic gallery etc.my problem now is i dont know how to get it back. is this something to do with the widgets?
    04-05-13 11:23 AM
    we have the same problem
    04-05-13 11:24 AM
    joieBB - you seem to be talking to yourself. That would explain why you have the same problem as the guy above you. You are also in the wrong forum. You'd get a better response in the Playbook forum instead of this one about the Bold 9780 phone.
    jmd.aKBar likes this.
    04-05-13 11:36 AM
    Thumbnails get corrupted at times. Attach phone to a computer and delete the cache files.

(Backup first) With phone attached to the PC, look in the \Blackberry\System\media\ folder. Trash the thumbs files in there and I expect the phone will generate clean copies again.

That system folder is a "hidden" file in windows so you'll need to turn them on (ask if you don't know what I am talking about)
    ^^^^^This worked for me. Thank you.
    04-10-13 10:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD