I recently bought a Quad Band Bold 9780 in the classifieds, originally it was locked to WIND MOBILE. I unlocked it to use on Rogers (I was told that it can be used on ALL major carriers) and it works great! Unfortunately it works great WITHOUT 3G!! I'm on the EDGE network. I use my phone to tether my Playbook when wifi is not available so EDGE is not cutting it. Am I stuck with this phone? or is there a fix?
    07-03-11 05:18 AM
    Although it WILL work on all carriers, not everything will such as the 3G. You have to really research this before you buy a used phone. For example, although an AT&T phone will work unlocked in T-Mobile, you WILL NOT have 3G because the bands used by AT&T are different. Chances are Rogers and Wind don't use the same bands for 3G, Hope this helps...
    07-03-11 06:38 AM
    I recently bought a Quad Band Bold 9780 in the classifieds, originally it was locked to WIND MOBILE. I unlocked it to use on Rogers (I was told that it can be used on ALL major carriers) and it works great! Unfortunately it works great WITHOUT 3G!! I'm on the EDGE network. I use my phone to tether my Playbook when wifi is not available so EDGE is not cutting it. Am I stuck with this phone? or is there a fix?
    There is no fix. The radio in the 9780 will not do 3G on Rogers or AT&T, unlocking has nothing to do with it, as it lacks the proper hardware. Not sure if you are stuck with the phone, you could sell it on eBay and get what you want.
    07-03-11 08:23 AM
    I'm on my phone so I can't see where you're from. If you're in Vancouver, PM me. I've been considering switching to Mobilicity, maybe we could swap.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-03-11 11:27 AM
    Im all the way in Edmonton thanks though!
    07-03-11 04:27 PM
    thanks everyone... i guess i gotta start lookin for a phone again.. lesson learned!
    07-03-11 04:28 PM
    I'm on my phone so I can't see where you're from. If you're in Vancouver, PM me. I've been considering switching to Mobilicity, maybe we could swap.

Im all the way in Edmonton thanks though!
    It is still the same country... Canadian version of FedEx or something?
    07-03-11 08:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD