1. saxman211's Avatar
    How Amazing will it be? I JUST got a 9700... Did I make a BIG mistake???
    10-26-10 10:20 AM
  2. ryan64093's Avatar
    uh, yes, considering the 9780 will be out in a few weeks. I would take it back and wait.
    10-26-10 10:57 AM
  3. greggebhardt's Avatar
    How Amazing will it be? I JUST got a 9700... Did I make a BIG mistake???
    Check and see, you might have 30 days to return it which will be more than enough time for the 9780 to arrive.
    10-26-10 11:18 AM
  4. LCW's Avatar
    Agreed - no sense in getting a 9700 with the 9780 is just around the corner, unless you want something really cheap in a used 9700...
    10-26-10 11:47 AM
  5. gregerator's Avatar
    The 9700 should A) drop in price in the coming weeks as inventory needs to be reduced (for those stores that are keeping it) and B) simply be out performed by the 9780 which is designed for BB6 as opposed to running it on minimally accepted hardware. So, if price is a concern, I'd make sure you get the best price you can for a 9700, which should be close to free these days if you can still find it (Don't ask me what TMO is doing charing $129 on contract still). Or, if price isn't a factor, get the 9780 in a few weeks.

    While RIM agrees the 9700 will run BB6, the consensus seems to be that memory left for saving and running apps will be strained at 30 MBs, give or take.
    10-26-10 12:14 PM
  6. saxman211's Avatar
    I wonder if Tmobile will let me do this...
    10-26-10 01:30 PM
  7. gregerator's Avatar
    If you REALLY have to have it right now, apparently they are available here:
    Buy BlackBerry 9780 BOLD in Pakistan. Home Shopping

    Just stumbled across it in a search.
    10-26-10 01:41 PM
  8. saxman211's Avatar
    LOL.. No I don't have to have right now. In fact, if there wasn't a huge difference between it and the new 9780, I wasn't thinking of getting it at all. This is my first Blackberry and I love it... I just didn't know the 9780 was coming out so soon. Had I known, I would've waited another month....
    10-26-10 01:47 PM
  9. gregerator's Avatar
    From my experience, TMO has great customer service and I would check in with them. No doubt they would like to reduce 9700 stock, but knowledge is power and you are now more powerful. I'm not one to invoke lying or trying to cheat companies, so if you choose to return and wait it out, please be honest about it. I hear too many posts about, "Should I tell them my trackball is stuck? What's the best line to use?" *sigh*
    10-26-10 01:51 PM
  10. saxman211's Avatar
    ok.. I'll give it a try..
    10-31-10 09:56 AM