Hey guys,

I've been toying with the idea of getting a 9700 off of ebay since my 8330 died last week in a terrible accident with the floor. I understand most of the risks, the biggest risk being, I suppose, that you get sold a phone with a bunk ESN. The phone is unlocked, and he says the ESN is clean. The seller looks reputable, with a history dating back to 2005.

My questions are:

What is the procedure for the purchase? Typically you can't get the ESN until you PAY because you could technically activate the phone without paying, and totally screw over the seller, right?

What is the typical going price I should expect to shell out? What's reasonable?

Are they any special considerations that I need to keep in mind if I am up here in Canukistan?

I appreciate the input guys. Thanks very much.
    06-24-10 02:40 PM
    E-Bay is usually pretty safe if you keep it to sellers with lots of positive feedback - I've purchased half a dozen phones without issue.
    If you can, find someone who will use the postal system to ship. UPS takes no prisoners on international shipping.

Doug
    06-24-10 02:45 PM
    E-Bay is usually pretty safe if you keep it to sellers with lots of positive feedback - I've purchased half a dozen phones without issue.
    If you can, find someone who will use the postal system to ship. UPS takes no prisoners on international shipping.

Doug

I've noticed. UPS reminds me of a greedy wall-street type with borderline personality disorder. You never know what to expect. USPS is reliably slow, which is fine by me.
    06-24-10 02:48 PM
    Ive bought laptops, tv's, phones etc, from Ebay before with no problem. As long as you're buying from a reputable seller, its pretty safe.

If its unlocked, and clean ESN, then theres no issue.

Do it up, dont be paranoid, just cautious of who you buy from and thats all.

Ebay has some amazing prices for pretty much everything.

My last purchase was an Otterbox Defender brand new in case, for my 9700.

Package arrived today! Cost me $26 with shipping (free shipping) and its perfect as the seller described.

These cases cost $69 plus tax here, which would come out to $78!

Oh and you should probably pay at most $380-$400 CAD (with free shipping included) for a very good condition Blackberry 9700 with all accessories.
    Last edited by shacknews; 06-24-10 at 03:29 PM.
    06-24-10 03:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD