I love my 9700 and it lasted through a lot but it will finally have to be retired after serving me so faithfully. I've dropped it countless amount of time(mostly in a rubber case) and it has stood tall and kept going. The other day it took a table to the screen(long story short: I was putting away a big round table and when I was staying still the bottom of the table slipped out and the table landed on my legs. My phone was in my pocket...) The screen started off showing nothing but with some poking it is now showing 2/3 or so. Its the bottom of the screen that is buggered so I can't see new messages. To say the least its a tad bit annoying.

Prior to this happening I was going to keep this phone as long as I could, possibly till the QNX phone was out. But now due to recent events I will be getting the 9900. Before my screen got broken I wanted the phone but wasn't going to be getting it, even though I saw the spinning clock enough to make me want to throw it at a wall/smash it with a hammer. Oh well, I'm excited to get the 9900, but not excited for the prices down here in Aus, I fear it will be around $750 to buy outright.

Has anyone else decided to make the switch to the 9900 from their 9700? Perhaps due to it breaking lately(accidentally or even accidentally on purpose)

(Any mistakes in the post I blame 90% on the screen )

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-15-11 03:01 AM
    Hi Evan, have you checked your house insurance won't cover your 9700?

I'm getting the 9900. About $670 landed from Handtec.co.UK. I sold my 9780, sold my iPhone 4 and bought a 8520 as a backup.
    08-15-11 03:26 AM
    I'm not sure. I got it when I was back in Canada. It might cover it. I'm not 100% sure though. I'll probably wait till it comes out down here. Or maybe get my family to ship me one from Canada. I'll wait to see the pricing on it at Allphones. I should check to see if the insurance will cover it then I could use this as a back up. My bb before this was a pearl...

08-15-11 03:36 AM
    I'm not sure. I got it when I was back in Canada. It might cover it. I'm not 100% sure though. I'll probably wait till it comes out down here. Or maybe get my family to ship me one from Canada. I'll wait to see the pricing on it at Allphones. I should check to see if the insurance will cover it then I could use this as a back up. My bb before this was a pearl...

<br />

If insurance doesn't cover it, then the repair shop can do it for cheap if the warranty is kaput. New screen will put new life into it. Oh yeah, this farewell one was also discovered http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...9900-a-638256/ Only his screen wasn't battered by a miserable table bent on wrestling it's owner.

08-15-11 08:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD