Hi,
    i've been using this BB 9700 for 4 months (bought it in my home country - indonesia) and i started having problem since a month a go with the trackpad. Yes i've been searching for this wobbly trackpad issue but i have another problem. Not only it's wobbly, but the trackpad itself always pressing the middle button. At first, it was only happened whenever i want to move horizontally or vertically (involving any movement) which then made the middle button pressed. now it's getting worse. ANYTIME, when i put my phone far away from me, it keeps pressing the middle button itself (I feel the trackpad now is very loose). if i dont lock the keypad, it may open any program hightlighted. I have tried to put a tape on the trackpad, but it only helps a little. I have moved to australia now, and the warranty is no longer applicable. I have gone to a mobile phone repair but they will charge me a AU$120 for repairment but I didn't expect to pay that much just for a trackpad issue (yea, i think i better buy a new phone if i have to pay that much). i wonder if anybody experienced the same problem with mine? what should I do now?
    04-17-10 08:50 PM
    You don't have insurance on it? Warranty??
    04-17-10 09:22 PM
    yea, warranty is not valid anymore because I move to Australia.
    04-17-10 10:02 PM
    Are you still under a contract with Indosat or whichever other provider you used back home?
    If not, sign up for new contract with an Aussie carrier and buy a new 9700 at new-contract pricing.
    Downside is, you might have to get a new phone number if there's any issue with number portability. (The Aussie carrier would check!)
    Maybe then you could mail back the original 9700 to a family member back in Indonesia. Would they be able to have repaired under warranty if the phone was back there?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-17-10 10:07 PM
    I have no contract with the provider in Indonesia (Telkomsel). and I will not able to have it repaired even if I send it back because the warranty is only valid as long as I use their service. Since I moved to Australia, I changed my number and used local service. This means the warranty is no longer effective.
    I'm still wondering if there any possible solution to fix this. Perhaps by buying a new keypad + trackpad, but I do not know where to purchase them here. And actually I don't want to buy a new device or sign up for a new contract as I'm happy with the cap i use now.
    04-18-10 08:51 AM
    You can buy them on ebay.
    04-18-10 03:51 PM
    Check on youtube for tutorials on keyboard repair. If it looks like something you can do then order the supplies from truesupplier or online vendor and fix yourself. Will save you come cash doing it yourself.

04-18-10 04:14 PM
    Hi, after months ive been upset by this trackpad issue, i finally found the source of the problem.
    when I was disassembling the Blackberry device (by myself), i found the plate located on the trackpad is the major problem. see the picture below:

the round plate on the back of the trackpad was slightly shifted from the actual location. After I put it back in the middle, my Blackberry is running very fine

and better yet, i didn't have to spend money for it
    05-01-10 08:17 PM
    Awesome! Great fix.
    05-01-10 09:03 PM
    Hi, after months ive been upset by this trackpad issue, i finally found the source of the problem.
    when I was disassembling the Blackberry device (by myself), i found the plate located on the trackpad is the major problem. see the picture below:

the round plate on the back of the trackpad was slightly shifted from the actual location. After I put it back in the middle, my Blackberry is running very fine

and better yet, i didn't have to spend money for it
    How did you shift the round plate?
    I thought it was a soldered plate ?

05-01-10 09:55 PM
    Sweet dude, glad you figure it out and its working great.

05-01-10 09:57 PM
    How did you shift the round plate?
    I thought it was a soldered plate ?

i dunno, it was actually covered with a white tape. I opened the white tape and found that plate was already shifted. then i tried to move it back to its original location (I saw the picture of the exact location from the internet). it was shifted only 2-3 mm. and I think it was only sticked by some kind of glue.
    I put the white tape back and assembled all back. Since then, I found it works like a charm
    05-02-10 12:00 AM
    i dunno, it was actually covered with a white tape. I opened the white tape and found that plate was already shifted. then i tried to move it back to its original location (I saw the picture of the exact location from the internet). it was shifted only 2-3 mm. and I think it was only sticked by some kind of glue.
    I put the white tape back and assembled all back. Since then, I found it works like a charm
    But mine trackpad isn't covered with any white tape

05-02-10 12:12 AM
    sorry i have no idea about that.. i guess i have different type of trackpad ever since I bought the device.
    05-02-10 01:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD