The 9700 will in fact be coming out oct 27 for tmobile. A very good friend of mine works for Tmobile corporate offices and confirmed this for me. It will in fact use 3G and UMA and use same battery as the att version. Let's just wait nd prepare ourselves for oct 27 release.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-30-09 10:16 AM
    Thanks for the rumor, but of course believing in a guy with 4 posts is hard without any proof, with that said, I sure hope your right, especially about that 3G.
    09-30-09 10:19 AM
    If this true why haven't we seen any postings on the website. The cliq is up there and it is not coming out until November.
    09-30-09 10:23 AM
    Thanks for the rumor. In order to really say confirmed could he have a press release issued for us as proof, that would be great.

Thanks
    09-30-09 10:26 AM
    yeah... to what everyone else has said
    09-30-09 10:56 AM
    I may not be an active contributer to these forums. But as post was opening, I thought... I'll only believe it if he has more than 1000 posts.

Hopefully hes right, as that would mean other carriers are likely to compete. Either way, I don't care how long I have to wait. I'm on verizon right now. My contract doesn't expire to janurary somethin... and I don't want the ETF on 5 phones.....

I think i'll be happy with a
    Curve 8330 (Verizon) switch to--> Bold2 (ATT)
    09-30-09 01:24 PM
    Thanks for the rumor. In order to really say confirmed could he have a press release issued for us as proof, that would be great.

Thanks
    I would have to agree with him, this is a flagship device and they should be hyping the **** out of it, and for T-mobile it's there first 3g capable blackberry and they would be hyping the **** out of that.
    09-30-09 02:48 PM
    Yeah, I don't know why RIM doesn't promote more. maybe they want to deplete built up inventory first and not slow the rate of handsets ?
    RIM needs a few more marketing folk in there.
    09-30-09 03:25 PM
    I really hope this is the date, but I'm going to keep thinking in my mind that the date is November 11th so I don't get my feelings hurt...lol
    09-30-09 03:43 PM
    Why isn't this thread locked? I know its a joke, but come on, its not really funny when anyone uses the word confirmed around here!!!
    09-30-09 03:56 PM
    I just called RIM, and they won't release any info to me about the release date of the 9700 or who gets it first.

09-30-09 03:59 PM
    Well my friend works for RIM and he just told me no T-Mobile version. They decided to pull the plug and only offer it for ATT. All this my friend said this is so stupid. Relax people!

09-30-09 04:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD