I have a screen distortion on my 9700. Just wondering if I replace the LCD screen, would that fix the problem?
    06-27-10 08:34 AM
    define distortion? when? how? why? lol
    06-27-10 08:36 AM
    If you are talking about when you press on the screen, little waves appear, that is common in an LCD screen...Most if not all do it and replacing the screen won't fix it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-27-10 08:40 AM
    I get waves lines, and color is distorted, and when I scroll around the menu the screen gets jumbled up.

I've try reloading the OS and battery pull and still no luck so I'm thinking if it's the screen problem, had the phone since Nov and no problems until couple days ago.
    06-27-10 08:41 AM
    well how hard are you pressing down on the keys and stuff? if you press down hard enough its going to cascade along the case and press down on the screen... if it happens even when you are slightly touching it, then may be time to replace the screen or device?

what were you doing a couple days ago that could have caused this? dropped it? sat on it? anything? these things dont normally happen without reason...
    06-27-10 08:49 AM
    Yep, valid points C_86....mine waves when I touch it in certain areas, they all do...but scrolling and still getting, then something is array...

06-27-10 08:55 AM
    it happens even when I don't press down on it. When the bold is loading, i get two load bars.
    I installed XE currency app used it a bit and than it started to distort on me so deleted the current OS and reloaded a new OS and when it boot up it still load with two bars.
    06-27-10 08:59 AM
    2 bars? can you maybe grab a video camera and take some vid of this... i need to see this to know whats going on for sure... grab like a digital camera or something and take some video of the issue
    06-27-10 09:11 AM

Here's what my start up screen looks like if it doesn't show a white screen.
    06-27-10 09:40 AM
    Wow... That is flippen WIERD!!! I have never seen that before... So in the past couple days before this started, what did you do? Sit on it? Etc etc?

Are the images clear (the bars) or are they pixelated?

06-27-10 10:11 AM
    nope I didn't sit on it or anything, it only happen when i install an app from XE Currency than this happen.

the bars are clear none are pixelated.
    06-27-10 10:47 AM
    Ok well try wiping the OS, using either BBSAK or JL_Cmder. and upgrade the OS while your at it, and don't install that app again and see if the issue persists

06-27-10 02:30 PM
    Weirdest part about that is that the load bars aren't synchronized. I'd say it's a software issue. I would go with C_86's suggestion.
    06-27-10 03:11 PM
    Ok well try wiping the OS, using either BBSAK or JL_Cmder. and upgrade the OS while your at it, and don't install that app again and see if the issue persists

I've actually try that couple of times. and didn't work so I'm not sure if it's a software issue or a hardware issue.
    Will get the screen replace tomorrow to see if it works.
    06-27-10 04:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD