I have an unlocked 9700 that I would like to use when I am in Paris this month.

Can anyone tell me if I will be able to purchase a prepaid SIM card anywhere in Paris that will work in my BB?

If so, where and what is the general cost?

Thanks for any help!
    02-13-11 06:07 PM
    Don't believe there is a pay as you go BIS in france, go to italy instead, maybe? Lol

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-13-11 06:50 PM
    Prepaid BIS? Just googling the term brings up a sketchy site called MrSIMcard. If you do find out if there's prepaid BIS, can you report back to us?

02-13-11 06:58 PM
    Doubt there would be any in paris. If you cannot get BIS, just go without it. I didn't need it when in mexico.

02-14-11 07:10 PM
    I have an unlocked 9700 that I would like to use when I am in Paris this month.

Can anyone tell me if I will be able to purchase a prepaid SIM card anywhere in Paris that will work in my BB?

If so, where and what is the general cost?

Thanks for any help!
    Out of curiosity, I decided to do a bit of Googling myself and came up with a company in Paris called "Bouygues Telecom". They appear to have an international visitor's web page which you can check out:During your stay in France > International visitors > International > Réseau > Bouygues Telecom

They also appear to have prepaid cards available. I had to use Google translator on Firefox since I speak "petit peu" French. Here's the link:Carte prpaye, carte Bouygues Telecom sans engagement

As for having BIS access while you're there, like what RootBrian said, it seems doubtful. However, you may want want to investigate this possibility with the aforementioned provider.

Bon Chance!
    Last edited by Apocalypso; 02-14-11 at 11:04 PM.
    02-14-11 10:57 PM
    You may also want to check out this thread here:Blackberry in France - Lonely Planet travel forum
    02-14-11 11:18 PM
    Every country will have a pay as you go service gsm or cdma, bis is a different cattle of fishn only a handful offers them

02-14-11 11:32 PM
    Im French living in Paris. Of course there is prepaid card here!! The three major company here are Orange, Bouygues Tlcom and SFR (it's Vodafone). They all offer prepaid card that you can buy for 9€ on their website, its generaly 15€ in the store... You can buy credit in every "tabac" shop or in supermarket, from 5€ to 100€. But you be able to have BIS trhough a prepaid card.... And te mobile internet is very expensive with a prepaid card. My advice is to buy the bouygues one (Unlimited and free sms as long as your credit is positive) for only 7€ on their website with 4€ of credit on it. Voil.
    02-15-11 06:27 AM
    If you just want to use it as a phone then any pre-paid card will do, does not need to be French. I use the Telestial Explorer card all over the world. It has a LOT of features, visit their web site.

If you have WiFi in France you can get your e-mail via the net without cost. If you have US t-mo service and WiFi you can probably get UMA service and make calls to the US as though you were in the US (no roaming charges).

On the whole, go to Italy in any case.
    02-16-11 03:22 PM
    I just got back from France, and no one (from SFR or Orange) can help me with getting a BIS on a prepaid plan
    04-07-13 03:06 PM
    I just got back from France, and no one (from SFR or Orange) can help me with getting a BIS on a prepaid plan
    Dude, two year old thread. I suggest talking to the head office of orange or SFR.
    04-07-13 03:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD