Im just going to take it as a lesson learnt
    Ditto. Next time I'm going straight to retentions. I've been with Orange one way or another since 1999; except one year when I tried Genie (bought by O2 soon after I joined and, frankly, rubbish). I deserve more for my loyalty.

Can't see myself leaving Orange. We'll see in June 2011.
    12-06-09 04:41 PM
    The 9700 is much better then the 8900 for sure!! And the 9700 is just incredibly sexy!!!
    12-06-09 04:47 PM
    got mine through the post today. all i can say it wow ! i absaloutly love it. iv already got cramp in my fingers from playing with it so much lol
    its so quick. i cant fault it

and for those saying they have wobbly trackpads, mine feels very secure.
    guess i got a good one

lovelovelove it
    12-07-09 11:03 AM
    Still no confirmation of the damn thing being shipped. Back on the phone...
    12-07-09 12:10 PM
    ...Good news and bad news.
    I screwed up my credit card details when I ordered the phone, hence no delivery. However, I spoke to upgrades and although I have to wait a few more days because they are sold out, I managed to get the cost of the phone down from �127 to �70 and I'm still getting 10% off my bills as I am sticking with the same tariff. Not bad going I don't think.
    12-07-09 01:20 PM
    I refused mine today, as there is no point in me sticking with 24 months when I can get 18 months. Have to wait till wednesday though to order again, as they can't/won't check with DPD that I refused delivery and I have to wait until it is redelivered to them. If I don't get 18 months, no more than �25 and a free phone I'm leaving, I know its not a big deal to them but I won't stick with them if they don't give me what some people got.
    12-07-09 01:54 PM
    I just purchased myself a BB on Orange, with 900 mins, unlimited text's and Blackberry email for �25.00 a month

I don't know if that includes Internet with it :/
    12-07-09 02:01 PM
    im glad i didnt reject mine today, my c902 is basically dead. ive abused it too much this is the greatest piece of technology i have ever owned. EVER.
    12-07-09 02:31 PM
    I just purchased myself a BB on Orange, with 900 mins, unlimited text's and Blackberry email for �25.00 a month

I don't know if that includes Internet with it :/
    BIS is for blackberry email and internet, so yes it is included.
    12-07-09 02:43 PM
    Got unlimited internet on my plan, didnt mention anything about bis on the phone?
    Will this make a difference, what wont I be able to do?
    thanks
    12-07-09 06:12 PM
    Got unlimited internet on my plan, didnt mention anything about bis on the phone?
    Will this make a difference, what wont I be able to do?
    thanks
    If you just got unlimited internet then you won't be able to use any blackberry services i.e. messenger, facebook, email, browser. It will just be a phone for calls/text and media.
    12-08-09 04:46 AM
    If you just got unlimited internet then you won't be able to use any blackberry services i.e. messenger, facebook, email, browser. It will just be a phone for calls/text and media.
    how can you tell if you have purchases a bis?
    because on my orange contract it mentioned:

get more from your BlackBerry� with BlackBerry� email

Add Talk with BlackBerry� for just �4.25 a month and get unlimited data allowance so you can always send and receive email on your BlackBerry�.

is that BIS?
    12-08-09 09:56 AM
    how can you tell if you have purchases a bis?
    because on my orange contract it mentioned:

get more from your BlackBerry� with BlackBerry� email

Add Talk with BlackBerry� for just �4.25 a month and get unlimited data allowance so you can always send and receive email on your BlackBerry�.

is that BIS?
    Yes, that is BIS. It's easy to tell if you have it;
    1) If 3G or GPRS is in capitals you have it, if lower case you don't

2) Try to use browser, if it says you need a wifi connection, then you don't have BIS.
    12-08-09 10:08 AM
    Yes, that is BIS. It's easy to tell if you have it;
    1) If 3G or GPRS is in capitals you have it, if lower case you don't

2) Try to use browser, if it says you need a wifi connection, then you don't have BIS.
    Thanks for replying back to my questions :]

Man, I haven't got it and its my first time getting one as well. I feel like im a kid in a candy shop! I'm soo excited for some reason haha
    12-08-09 10:19 AM
    No problem dude, if your on a panther plan, then that has BIS included as the unlimited benefit, so when you get it your ready to roll.
    12-08-09 10:22 AM
    No problem dude, if your on a panther plan, then that has BIS included as the unlimited benefit, so when you get it your ready to roll.
    Nah I'm on the Dolphin plan :]

I've got soo many things I want to do to it, when I get it :]

Buy the Classique-Docked theme
    Download the following apps: YouTube, Pony, I love black berry
    12-08-09 10:24 AM
    I just called to see if they had received the 9700 back, as I rejected it because changed my mind about 24 months and they first said no, but then I said I checked on DPD site with reference and it was redelivered to them this morning. She then put me on hold and came back saying they had it and she had to manually amend my contract dates. She then asked what phone I wanted and when I said the same one she replied with "the N97 is out of stock" LOL, after I said I want THE 9700 she said "well you can't get a different deal to what you had and it's out of stock anyway" What a f***ing joke of a customer service rep. I told her to order my PAC code and when I get that I will try once more otherwise I will get 800 mins, unlimited text and BIS on T-Mobile for �22.50 for 18 months with my friends staff discount.
    12-08-09 10:28 AM
    got my 9700 today. overall impression is that its a really nice device, my 9000 seems bulky in comparison. Just ordered screen protectors and a desktop stand for it.
    12-08-09 10:33 AM
    I just called to see if they had received the 9700 back, as I rejected it because changed my mind about 24 months and they first said no, but then I said I checked on DPD site with reference and it was redelivered to them this morning. She then put me on hold and came back saying they had it and she had to manually amend my contract dates. She then asked what phone I wanted and when I said the same one she replied with "the N97 is out of stock" LOL, after I said I want THE 9700 she said "well you can't get a different deal to what you had and it's out of stock anyway" What a f***ing joke of a customer service rep. I told her to order my PAC code and when I get that I will try once more otherwise I will get 800 mins, unlimited text and BIS on T-Mobile for �22.50 for 18 months with my friends staff discount.
    What, are you serious? There just bunch of wasters! I wouldnt gone for a 24 months contract, thats too long!
    However I love giving them abit of abuse and they go and speak to their manager, which in the end they give me discount etc, so its all good
    12-08-09 10:34 AM
    What, are you serious? There just bunch of wasters! I wouldnt gone for a 24 months contract, thats too long!
    However I love giving them abit of abuse and they go and speak to their manager, which in the end they give me discount etc, so its all good
    Yeah that usually works, but you sometimes know as soon as you hear their voice how much help your gonna get. I obviously got through to her at the wrong time in the month, LOL. No offence intended to any female readers . I might go for a �35 a month deal that gives 700 mins unlimited text and BIS + �175 cash back, its by redemption but I'm sure I can keep hold of the bills. Might get an unlocked BB too.
    12-08-09 10:45 AM
    Yeah that usually works, but you sometimes know as soon as you hear their voice how much help your gonna get. I obviously got through to her at the wrong time in the month, LOL. No offence intended to any female readers . I might go for a �35 a month deal that gives 700 mins unlimited text and BIS + �175 cash back, its by redemption but I'm sure I can keep hold of the bills. Might get an unlocked BB too.

LOL'D @ the "time of month" haha
    I suppose, everyone has one of those days ey
    That's a good deal, at least �175 can go towards to your bills

Why get it unlocked?

Btw, since im all new to this "blackberry", when I get mine on monday is there anything I need to do?

Or just put in the sim, turn it on and off I go
    12-08-09 10:51 AM
    LOL'D @ the "time of month" haha
    I suppose, everyone has one of those days ey
    That's a good deal, at least �175 can go towards to your bills

Why get it unlocked?

Btw, since im all new to this "blackberry", when I get mine on monday is there anything I need to do?

Or just put in the sim, turn it on and off I go
    Just if its unlocked/unbranded it has more sell on value when I get rid of it. You just need to set up your email, you can do it on handset or at BlackBerry Internet Service.

I just called to see if my PAC code was on system and I got offered;

Free 9700
    400 mins
    300 text
    unlimited landline calls
    BIS
    18 months
    for �19.57.

Looks like I'm staying after all.
    12-08-09 11:10 AM

I just called to see if my PAC code was on system and I got offered;

Free 9700
    400 mins
    300 text
    unlimited landline calls
    BIS
    18 months
    for �19.57.

Looks like I'm staying after all.
    when will you get it?
    12-08-09 11:28 AM
    She calling me back tomorrow, got her name and extension. Should have it by friday.
    12-08-09 11:31 AM
    got my 9700 today. overall impression is that its a really nice device, my 9000 seems bulky in comparison. Just ordered screen protectors and a desktop stand for it.
    Where have you ordered your screen protectors from if you dont mind me asking. Ive been searching but don't know which brands to go in the UK?
    12-08-09 04:44 PM
164 ... 4567
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD