Hello Guys
    I've encouraged a friend to invest in a BB, she's in another country and we are now in perpetual contact through BB Messenger GREAT!!

But she tells thats can't switch on her 9700 on coz it doesn't recognise her password, she's entered it 8 times, scared to try again as we are really near the 10 max.

what can she do?
    03-31-10 04:18 AM
    Be careful entering the password. A long press will enter UPPER CASE characters.

Apart from that if she forgot the password there is no back door. At (default) 10 failures the device will do a security wipe and she will have to reload everything. I hope she has a recent backup.
    03-31-10 04:49 AM
    Thank you for prompt resopnse, I was just talking to her on another phone (an expense we are trying to avoid hence BB)

Apparently her password is all numeric, does she have to use the shift key? am not sure if she has been using the shift key previously to access the password.

Am certain she doesn't have a backup, she's really new to BB and a general technophobe anyway (lol)
    03-31-10 04:53 AM
    @Branta, any suggestions? apparently she does have a backup so that might be our last resort. BUT the problem is when she enters her password the device does not hide the letters/ numbers as astericks but shows them as she types and says it doesn't recognise the password.

seems like some sort of system fault to me.
    03-31-10 05:13 AM
    I would use loader.exe to enter the password and make a backup as I loaded the newest OS Hybrid.
    03-31-10 05:33 AM
    Hello SpaceLump

Thanks, but what is loader.exe?
    03-31-10 05:38 AM
    Thank you Guys, it started working again and we're back in contact Yipee!!
    03-31-10 07:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD