When I make a call and I want to turn on speakerphone I just usually press the speaker or "$" button. Now if I do it just gives me the headset icon not the speaker icon. This started to happen when I use my BB as my mp3 player using an ipod earphone.

And sometimes when I make or answer a call, the phone keeps switching from handset to headset icons nonstop! I did a batt pull and it didn't help.

Anyone got this problem too? Is it because of the ipod earphones? Compatability issue? This is getting really annoying because I cant make a call or receive a call if it keeps doing this.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-01-10 09:41 AM
    Several people, including myself had this problem, i think its a defect, you need to clean the headphone jack, i stuck my headphones in an out really fast and hard a couple times and it hasn't happened since
    08-01-10 09:49 AM
    turn the volume all the way down, with the headset in. then unplug the headset. it worked fine for me. no problems since.
    08-01-10 10:51 AM
    It worked!! thanks so much sna66!! I was desperate and did not find any solution elsewhere!!

I could not beleive that the solution was so simple. I actually though that this was due to the new OS I just installed (.862) 2 weeks ago.

I didn't try the other method mentionned but will keep it in mind if it happens again.
    09-10-10 09:54 AM
    I had this issue also. If you have dropped your phone it could cause the headphone jack to loose connection. I had to bring mine in to get repaired. And they ended up re-soldering the headphone jack.
    09-10-10 10:14 AM
    Several people, including myself had this problem, i think its a defect, you need to clean the headphone jack, i stuck my headphones in an out really fast and hard a couple times and it hasn't happened since
    Thank you sna66 for your post! My phone was experiencing the same problem just now and I thought I may have accidentally disable my handset and turn on my headset permanently. The only way I was able to use my phone to talk is to have the headset plug in. You save my day

Big thanks!
    05-27-11 10:51 AM
    I also had the same issue. Take a standard q-tip, pull off most of the swab, dip the remainder in rubbing alcohol and insert into the h/p jack, give it a swirl and remove. Repeat as needed until clean. I ended up replacing my jack after all. It wasn't too expensive and fairly easy to disassemble.

05-27-11 11:27 AM
    Plug back the earphones jack, play a song, press the stop button, close the music app. Problem solved.
    07-18-11 11:47 AM
    Interesting enough, I only started experiencing this problem with the iPod headphones that has the volume control. The headphones without the volume control works just fine. Any other headphones also work. It's quite weird.

07-19-11 10:48 AM
    Had the same issue. I actually had to stop the music player and close out program and took care of it.

Seems there is a couple ways to go about it. For certain an annoyance!

07-19-11 04:29 PM
    sna66 had the answer. This issue has appeared many times in these forums. Pull the headset jack in and out rapidly several times. JOB DONE.
    07-19-11 06:01 PM
    Interesting enough, I only started experiencing this problem with the iPod headphones that has the volume control. The headphones without the volume control works just fine. Any other headphones also work. It's quite weird.

Don't contaminate your Berry with an iProduct. Ha Ha.
    07-19-11 06:05 PM
    Common issue, insert/remove headset cord multiple times slowly and fast, sometimes that works, if not, either invest in a bluetooth device or have the part/blackberry replaced/swapped.

07-19-11 07:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD