Ive had the 9700 on AT&T about when it first came out. About a month ago the screen went totally white with weird vertical lines. After a brief search it seems as if this is somewhat of a common problem. I replaced the screen with the proper replacement and it fired up fine. But then I noticed it wouldn't hold a signal, it would flip flop from SOS to Edge to 3G. SO I did another search here and it seems as this also isnt uncommon. Do I just have a dud? I loved my 9700, but now Im back on my trusty 9000 as I await the 9900. Can someone lend any insight into this issue? Thanks guys!!
    J
    07-15-11 02:24 PM
    it seems you might have damaged the antenna on swap.
    not 100% sure though
    07-15-11 03:09 PM
    it seems you might have damaged the antenna on swap.
    not 100% sure though
    I read that as a "diagnosis" on here, but I know it wasnt touched. The 9700 was fun, guess this one is a brick now and I will have to wait for the 9900.
    07-16-11 06:27 AM
    I'm sorry to hear about your luck

I did a housing change on an old Nokia in high school and ruined the antenna so I know what it feels like.

I'd sell it 'as is' on eBay to recoup some $$$$

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-16-11 06:34 AM
    I'm sorry to hear about your luck

I did a housing change on an old Nokia in high school and ruined the antenna so I know what it feels like.

I'd sell it 'as is' on eBay to recoup some $$$$

thanks for the tips...I may get a new housing off of ebay which should come with a new antenna. I damn near bought a new one with new screen and now a new housing....oh well no worries. My 9000 is great but painfully slow, and waiting for the 9900 is like watching paint dry....so I think I will get a new housing.
    07-16-11 06:51 AM
    new housing did the trick, back in business!!
    07-25-11 08:50 AM
    thanks for the tips...I may get a new housing off of ebay which should come with a new antenna. I damn near bought a new one with new screen and now a new housing....oh well no worries. My 9000 is great but painfully slow, and waiting for the 9900 is like watching paint dry....so I think I will get a new housing.
    Maybe BBSAK wiping and reloading the OS on the 9000 will bring it back to it's speedy self again? it worked on my 8130 and current 9700.

07-25-11 06:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD