I have a 9700 for work (government) and have unlimited data on the device.

I am looking for a personal device that will perform many of the same functions with one exception: the 413 error that our IT folks can't resolve.

I currently use the browser to update my blog, to access forums, and to do other internet "stuff" when I am at home or on travel (all you govermnet hawks, this IS permitted!).

I have sent the IT folks a bunch of the how-to-fit-it links for the 9700 that has 413 errors, and they claim that they can't fix it, even when following the guides. My 8820, by contrast, was slower, but it loaded every page, all of the time. Now the same pages fail to load on the 9700.

I also tried to install opera mini, but it never worked without freezing and requiring a battery pull, restart, uninstall, restart, etc.

As I consider a device for personal use to replace my 8110, the 9700 is high on my list, but I don't want to buy one and then find that the 413 erros are unresolved.

Are personal users still having the same issues with the 413 page load errors?
    06-24-10 02:25 PM
    Can't recall every having gotten that error. My search says this for what seems to be files that are too large, although I did see something alluding to problems with BES, because of the amount of data BES is handling.
    06-24-10 02:29 PM
    Can't recall every having gotten that error. My search says this for what seems to be files that are too large, although I did see something alluding to problems with BES, because of the amount of data BES is handling.
    My own blog (which has a lot of embedded pictures) and many of the forums that I frequent (also graphic-heavy) have this issue. The 8820 handled all with ease.
    06-24-10 02:36 PM
    Never seen that 413 error either.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-24-10 02:55 PM
    Never seen that 413 error either.

I don't want that looks like either.
    06-24-10 03:15 PM
    Try: Options --> General Properties --> Default Browser: Change from BlackBerry Browser to Internet Browser...maybe?
    Last edited by jshuford; 06-24-10 at 05:02 PM.
    06-24-10 04:52 PM
    Try: Options --> General Properties --> Default Browser: Change from BlackBerry Browser to Internet Browser...maybe?
    I found the setting to change/select a browser, but it is locked out to use anything but the BB browser.

06-24-10 07:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD