I have a Blackberry 9700 which is configured for Enterprise use. Its now officially mine but the company is out of business so I cant go back to the BES admin and ask for a change.

I've been reading forums about how to convert my BES 9700 to BIS and have tried a number of things. I tried using JL_CMDER and Crackutil
    but they didn't work.
    I tried removing the IT Policy but that made no difference to the BB.

I was able to instal the latest OS but the BB is still BES and wont allow me to configure private email.

I discovered that there is a difference between BES Desktop Manager and BIS desktop Manager and wondered if that might be the answer.

If you can guide me to exsting posts that might help, I would be grateful
    09-23-13 07:10 AM
    I have a Blackberry 9700 which is configured for Enterprise use. Its now officially mine but the company is out of business so I cant go back to the BES admin and ask for a change.

I've been reading forums about how to convert my BES 9700 to BIS and have tried a number of things. I tried using JL_CMDER and Crackutil
    but they didn't work.
    I tried removing the IT Policy but that made no difference to the BB.

I was able to instal the latest OS but the BB is still BES and wont allow me to configure private email.

I discovered that there is a difference between BES Desktop Manager and BIS desktop Manager and wondered if that might be the answer.

If you can guide me to exsting posts that might help, I would be grateful
    Depending on how it was configured, you might not be able to remove it. There is definitely a difference between BES DM and BIS DM. But, if your device is configured like my agency does, the policy cannot be removed.

I'm sorry. I hope it's not configured the same.

See if you can find your answers here.

http://forums.crackberry.com/tips-ho...y-phone-81401/

Neither Crackberry nor anyone associated with it is responsible for any damage to the device. Proceed with caution.
    09-23-13 07:16 AM
    Thanks for the reply. The link you sent was the one I had followed before I posted the question and, as you suggest, I suspect its not going to be convertable to BIS.
    09-23-13 08:28 AM