I am from the Service Desk for a company and we activate BlackBerries for staff in Australia. The BES server is based at our head office, and is managed by a team in the US. I am not 100% sure on the versions we run, but we are using BES 4.1 and Exchange 2007. There are approx 1,000 users on the server globally.

The service desk here in Australia only has access as a "Senior Helpdesk Admin" role so will not be able to give you specifics such as CDO versions.

We have 9700 devices that are constantly having problems keeping their calendars sync'd. Users often had 8800s or Pearl's and upgraded to the 9700 have noticed this problem. Nobody else other than the Aussies have this problem, so this had lead to an assumption it could be the 9700 devices having problems with this code from Telstra.

A mixture of users use Outlook 2003 and Outlook 2007, and share their calendars with their PA's.

Nobody else on the BES Server has these problems but the Australian users. We found that users complaining of the issue are using 9700 devices, from Telstra. All are running 5.0.0.351

Anyone got some ideas? We've been told RIM have already looked into it and can't find any issues, but users are still complaining of missing entries.

Doing a "RSET" fixes the calendar, but is not going to be an accepted solution for the long term.

~~~
    Will try to upgrade a couple of handsets to 5.0.0.743 to see if that makes a difference. Also posted this on bbforums in AU to get some exposure to this as I am a believer there is a problem with the code or the BES end with this code the handsets are running.
    06-13-10 05:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD