Just switched Back from Apple after 3 years.. Loved my iphone 4 other then signal strength and dropped calls..

I'm a Bes admin so i'm pretty familar with all the blackberries and have a playbook (iphone 3gs, 4 and ipad 1 as well). All my co-workers love the fact that their blackberries batteries last a long time.. But i'm not finding that with mine.

Mind you i'm using 3g, wifi off, bluetooth for bridge..

I'm having to charge my phone before i go home at the end of the day.. I give it a full charge when i get home and and leave it unplugged all night.

Brightness is set to 50%
    07-29-11 11:09 AM
    • I recommend OS 5.0.0.979 or 10xx, or BB 6.0.0.576. What OS are you running?
    • How many years of active service does your 9700 battery have on it? It may start to lose efficiency noticeably at close to 2 years.
    • Has it been laying uncharged in a drawer for a long time? This can damage and shorten the service life of Li-Ion batteries.

Depending on your answers, and your usage habits, how many e-mails, BBMs, web browsing, songs/videos played, etc..., 1 solid workday may be appropriate battery life for you. Between 2 BBM Groups, BBM, web surfing, Socialscope, a few games, Bluetooth, wifi, GPS, and WhatsApp, I am usually close to 40% at the end of a long day. I average between 3.8-5.5% battery drain per hour. Try leaving it on the charger overnight so it is topped off fresh when you get up in the morning.

Do you leave it bridged all day long? Or off and on? I think Bridge will eat a lot of battery life itself.

If it really starts going south, look into a replacement/spare battery, maybe even a Seidio OEM-sized extended battery.
    07-29-11 12:45 PM
    Thanks for the response

I leave it bridged during the day. I will see how it is like without it.

The phone was purchased just before the 9780 was released on rogers in canada.

os version 6.0.0.448 (platform 6.6.0.124)

Phone was in use before the screen was cracked and i repaired it.. I upgraded the user to a 9780 as the screen was going to take longer then a day to arrive.

I will buy a new battery for it once the new screen arrives

Hopefully the new phones are released soon so i can upgrade to the torch 9860 as this will make a reliable backup for the 40 or so 9780s currently in use.

I use BBM, BES email, Bis Gmail and slight web browsing while in the washroom..
    07-29-11 01:13 PM
    Definitely bump to .576.
    07-29-11 01:33 PM
    Or you could get the extended batteries that're $12 with free shipping on ebay

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-29-11 03:12 PM
    Meh... Corporate phone.. Rather just get the standard batter from blackberry..

thanks for all the info.

Hopefully the replacement screen arrives soon.. The first one i got from ebay is horrible with ****ty resolution, tinted blue and light bleeding from the left... The seller is very sorry.. Yah right.. Paypal disputes are a nice way to get your money back.
    07-29-11 04:22 PM
    Just switched Back from Apple after 3 years.. Loved my iphone 4 other then signal strength and dropped calls..

I'm a Bes admin so i'm pretty familar with all the blackberries and have a playbook (iphone 3gs, 4 and ipad 1 as well). All my co-workers love the fact that their blackberries batteries last a long time.. But i'm not finding that with mine.

Mind you i'm using 3g, wifi off, bluetooth for bridge..

I'm having to charge my phone before i go home at the end of the day.. I give it a full charge when i get home and and leave it unplugged all night.

Brightness is set to 50%
    a clean install will help but it really depends on the OS, try reading the hybrid and berrylicious forums... I am getting 27 hours now with medium usage and am monitoring with MeterBerry
    07-31-11 08:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD