Hey everyone, figured i would rack you brains.

My 9700's battery life (which is phenominal) has been a bit sub par latley. On a light to average use day by the time i plug my phone in every night my battery life is around 80% - 90%.... latley i have been barley using it, and i find myself plugging in my phone at night at around 50%.... Which is not right.

Now first things to be said is, check your running applications... Yes i do that religiously and never have any apps running other than the normal 5, or when im using another app obviously... I don't use blue tooth, i don't use wi fi, and my brightness is liek 70% (and i know i can run 100% with the 9700 and it won't make much of a difference) Recently i have been using GPS, but that i started a few months ago, and this issue is only a week or so old.

So my question is, am i missing something (probably basic) i do have a 2 year warrenty with my service provider, so worst case senario i request a new battery.

on a side note. I do use a blackberry charging pod (maybe that could be an issue... but i have had it for months)

Thanks for your imput
    06-03-10 09:19 AM
    You say you don't use bluetooth or wi-fi. It may be obvious, but do you know for certain that those radios are disabled?
    06-03-10 09:59 AM
    I've had my BlackBerry for a couple of days now, and I've been encountering the same thing! I'm putting it down to user error at present though, as I'm no doubt missing something due to lack of experience with the device.
    06-03-10 10:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD