Starting from few weeks ago, my Bold 9700 running OS 6.0.0.461 is supper slow. The processing clock come up on the screen even when the phone is ideal. In addition to that, I cannot even get 1/2 day out of the battery life now.

I have been using this version of OS for several months and I had no issues before. But now even the battery feels warm and from 6 am to 12 pm the battery go down from 100% to 20%.

I am starting to give middle finger to BlackBerry and RIM all together because my bother with iPhone4 after a year use has no battery or OS issues what so ever. I am 100% sure these issues I am having has nothing to do with modifications to OS that I did.

Please help me... oh also, I deleted some cod java files before I loaded this OS on the phone. But it work for several weeks and now this phone is useless.

In addition to the battery and always processing issue, sometimes when I reboot the device by pulling the battery out, my last few messages (not the entire conversation) of BBM and SMS disappear. Also when making a call or ending a call, it takes a loooong time to process "end", "speaker" and "call" commands. (I have to click end or speaker and wait about 2 min before the stupid phone respond.) What's the point of having an unreliable mobile phone? Imagine if I dial 911 for a emergency and it take stupid BlackBerry to make the call two minutes, while all the other phones in the world do it in 15 seconds or less?

Six year old Nokia phones can call a number like 911 faster than dumb BlackBerry.

Any one here has an advice to speed up this phone? I just need to use this until the iPhone5/Bold 9900(last shot at RIM) comes out.

Thank you.
    Last edited by mss-ca; 07-28-11 at 03:13 PM.
    07-28-11 03:11 PM
    you have a bad memory leak
    from your experience I would say it is from an app
    get a memory meter and make sure all your back ground apps are closed.
    do a battery pull DAILY.. i dont care if it takes 3 minutes to reboot... it will help.

upgrade your OS to the latest .615 official from Bell, its really good. .461 is so old

I am glad that your frustrations are the phones fault.

I would wipe the phone clean and reload the OS, then install the apps one by one until the issue arises, and then the culprit would be found.

and bolding your words doesnt really help, might as well use CAPS
    Last edited by Fubaz; 07-28-11 at 03:19 PM.
    mssca likes this.
    07-28-11 03:16 PM
    Shouldn't blame rim (last pat of the thread), Battery pulls are what I usually do daily and yes, updating the OS is a smart decision. if OS 6 is driving you nuts, just downgrade to OS 5.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-28-11 04:39 PM
    To MODs... you can close this tread. FYI, I was able to fix my issues by updating the OS6 version I had to a newer one like Fubaz said. Wired that the version of OS6 I had worked fine for a long time and then got screwed.

@Rootbrian, as a customer, I should blame RIM because most other phone manufactures have much more stable hardware and software than RIM. If you paid for a phone, the communication side of the phone should work well. That's the whole point of a mobile phone. Also, you suggested that I downgrade to OS5... according to Telus, they DO NOT support OS5 on 9700 anymore. In other words if I get drop calls or if the cell tower screw up something and bill me extra while I am on OS5, Telus will NOT be liable for damages. If I am on OS6, Telus takes part of the responsibilities if something goes wrong. I see that you are also with Telus. Call them as ask about this... If you have a 9700, Telus strongly ask you to load OS6.

I hope RIM will recover from their downfall and turn their sinking ship into something better soon. Because if not, people like me will move out of RIM products forever.
    Last edited by mss-ca; 07-28-11 at 08:27 PM.
    07-28-11 08:24 PM
    To MODs... you can close this tread. FYI, I was able to fix my issues by updating the OS6 version I had to a newer one like Fubaz said. Wired that the version of OS6 I had worked fine for a long time and then got screwed.

@Rootbrian, as a customer, I should blame RIM because most other phone manufactures have much more stable hardware and software than RIM. If you paid for a phone, the communication side of the phone should work well. That's the whole point of a mobile phone. Also, you suggested that I downgrade to OS5... according to Telus, they DO NOT support OS5 on 9700 anymore. In other words if I get drop calls or if the cell tower screw up something and bill me extra while I am on OS5, Telus will NOT be liable for damages. If I am on OS6, Telus takes part of the responsibilities if something goes wrong. I see that you are also with Telus. Call them as ask about this... If you have a 9700, Telus strongly ask you to load OS6.

I hope RIM will recover from their downfall and turn their sinking ship into something better soon. Because if not, people like me will move out of RIM products forever.
    If the carrier chose to support that OS version that just so happened to bug up, it's likely something undiscovered, or already fixed in the next release. I wouldn't blame RIM at all, since they fixed it in the release since then. When bugs are found and submitted to RIM, problems get solved. Sometimes db's get corrupted, requiring a reload. It happens to me, I don't blame rim. I solve the problem myself.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-28-11 08:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD