Thanks for your advice, sweet lips.
    Let's just say I have been waiting to replace my 2 year old Curve um... 2 YEARS + longer than you have been a member here, so you see, I have a right to MY opinion too...whatever my skin may be...
    So a person's longevity on CB means something? Really? Good luck with that.

And to the person who made the statement that I'm policing threads I think jaydee has that covered as she made the comment about my "caustic" comments in the 9650 threads earlier.

Tourboy, any more predictions on the release date?
    05-21-10 09:28 AM
    ain't gonna happen folks... you're just going to have to accept it... and endure your 9630's, or jump ship to Sprint
    I think that is the reality that is staring those of us on VZW square in the face right now. While I'm not using a 9630, Pearl 8130, I really could use a new BB device as mine has served its useful purpose. I'm way beyond my 2 year agreement but I've been holding off as this phone is/was coming to VZW.

I give it to the end of the month and if VZW doesn't announce a date then I'll jump to Sprint, as I'm sure other VZW customers will be considering the same move.
    05-21-10 09:34 AM
    then again... we don't want vzw people corrupting Sprint...
    05-21-10 09:35 AM
    then again... we don't want vzw people corrupting Sprint...
    You really think people would SWITCH carriers for a 3x4 piece of plastic?

You guys must be a lot of fun when you're drunk, too!!!!!
    05-21-10 09:44 AM
    More VZW users that jump to Sprint, the better for those staying on VZW, don't want the iPhone situation like with ATT.
    05-21-10 09:50 AM
    i was a verizon customer came to this area, 10 years or more i guess, so i've only been a verizon customer for a short while. i have an 8330 that is over 2 years old. if you leave verizon for sprint and don't like it you can always go back! i was talking to a verizon rep the other day and he said if i switched i could come back in 60 days and they would give me a new phone and no authorization charges. what is the risk? you can leave sprint within 30 days without penalty. i would know whether or not sprint served my needs within 30 days. if verizon hasn't released any info by the end of the month i will be leaving for sprint. i may just be for 29 days but i'll give them the chance. i want the 9650 and sprints rates are lower than verizon's. if sprint does work as well for me i will save money and have the phone that i want. if sprint fails the test i'll go back to verizon and i sure that by then the bold will be released.
    05-21-10 09:55 AM
    i meant i was an alltel customer for 10 years before verizon took over
    05-21-10 10:01 AM
    you can leave sprint within 30 days without penalty. i would know whether or not sprint served my needs within 30 days. if verizon hasn't released any info by the end of the month i will be leaving for sprint. i may just be for 29 days but i'll give them the chance. i want the 9650 and sprints rates are lower than verizon's. if sprint does work as well for me i will save money and have the phone that i want. if sprint fails the test i'll go back to verizon and i sure that by then the bold will be released.

Ditto. My thoughts, and plan, exactly.

MG
    05-21-10 10:26 AM
    You really think people would SWITCH carriers for a 3x4 piece of plastic?

You guys must be a lot of fun when you're drunk, too!!!!!
    well you seem to be getting might antsy for just a "little piece of plastic" ... otherwise you wouldn't be posting so much about the 9650 vzw date slipping further down the toilet, and you'd be enjoying your Curve...
    05-21-10 10:26 AM
    More VZW users that jump to Sprint, the better for those staying on VZW, don't want the iPhone situation like with ATT.
    No no no we don't want the Verizon posers lol
    Lets all stay in are comfe carrier spots are networks run dandy.
    05-21-10 10:40 AM
    vzw users jumping over to Sprint pool is akin to peeing in a pool... sure it can be done... and the jumpees (ie vzw peeps) will feel all warm... but the pool (ie Sprint) wants none of it!

don't pee in my pool your vzw fanbois!!
    05-21-10 11:04 AM
    This thread has become the definitive Internet source of Verizon 9650 release info.
    05-21-10 11:09 AM
    vzw users jumping over to Sprint pool is akin to peeing in a pool... sure it can be done... and the jumpees (ie vzw peeps) will feel all warm... but the pool (ie Sprint) wants none of it!

Why would it matter if someone peed in the sprint pool, the water looks like it hasn't been properly cleaned in years. People jumping from VZW to sprint are only screwing themselves. I drive truck, and when I was with my trainer last year he had sprint, he had to use my phone several times because I had service when he didn't, and I never once had to use his phone because he had it where I didn't. Not a fanboy, because if ATT worked in my hometown I would have jumped ship long ago, just saying comparing Sprint to VZW is like comparing DVD to Blu-Ray.
    05-21-10 11:25 AM

does it matter? sprint is yellow anyway :-P
    05-21-10 11:47 AM
    I'll just take one day at a time and stalk these forums like a maniac.
    I'm with you.... was really hoping it came out b 4 the 22, i went and got a 9630 to hold me over now gonna have to take it back today as my 30 days r up
    05-21-10 11:52 AM
    BE PATIENT!

I am also waiting for the 9650. But I prefer verizon takes its time and releases a good phone with little or no issues. I'm up for an upgrade first week of July. I'm going to be patient and will be expecting a good phone from verizon. No more tours, no more Storms.
    05-21-10 11:53 AM
    Thanks for your advice, sweet lips.
    Let's just say I have been waiting to replace my 2 year old Curve um... 2 YEARS + longer than you have been a member here, so you see, I have a right to MY opinion too...whatever my skin may be...
    You tell'em girl....my kind of girl
    05-21-10 11:58 AM

I might like to pee in the sprint pool once in a while, but I ain't goin' in, no way!
    05-21-10 12:05 PM
    Why would it matter if someone peed in the sprint pool, the water looks like it hasn't been properly cleaned in years. People jumping from VZW to sprint are only screwing themselves. I drive truck, and when I was with my trainer last year he had sprint, he had to use my phone several times because I had service when he didn't, and I never once had to use his phone because he had it where I didn't. Not a fanboy, because if ATT worked in my hometown I would have jumped ship long ago, just saying comparing Sprint to VZW is like comparing DVD to Blu-Ray.
    I agree all stay away from Sprint stick with Verizon lol
    Last edited by Slingbox; 05-21-10 at 12:14 PM.
    05-21-10 12:09 PM
    No pissy pools for me either
    05-21-10 12:10 PM
    BE PATIENT!

I am also waiting for the 9650. But I prefer verizon takes its time and releases a good phone with little or no issues. I'm up for an upgrade first week of July. I'm going to be patient and will be expecting a good phone from verizon. No more tours, no more Storms.
    This has nothing to do with releasing a "good phone". Once VZW releases the 9650 it will be exactly the same as the Sprint version with exactly the same software. This is just typical VZW nonsense.
    05-21-10 12:15 PM
    There you go Jaydee it was only a matter of time lol
    Its like their mad..so much hate taking it out of fellow CB members downing them and their carrier which is very immature.
    Maybe on mom and dads carrier don't know how to express their selves..anger issues hmm who know but definitely need to come to grips after all.
    Its a cell phone lol
    Last edited by Slingbox; 05-21-10 at 12:39 PM.
    05-21-10 12:15 PM
    ain't gonna happen folks... you're just going to have to accept it... and endure your 9630's, or jump ship to Sprint
    That wouldn't help me either. Sprint coverage stinks up here... And it isn't really Sprints fault, it's whomever the local affiliate was before they bought them out. All they did was slap panels up here and there. Co-Lo where they could. No real infrastructure. Verizon, AT&T, Nextel have actual towers in key spots. Some of the Nextel towers have CDMA now but they where put where 850MHz works good but not 1900MHz.

Surprisingly T-Mobile has been expanding like crazy but I would slit my own neck before I went with them.
    Last edited by K2RRT; 05-21-10 at 01:03 PM.
    05-21-10 12:56 PM
    Honestly if it comes out later than the end of May, then that is just pitiful on Verizon's part.
    05-21-10 01:04 PM
    This thread has become the definitive Internet source of Verizon 9650 release info.
    Great post, or greatest post?
    05-21-10 01:25 PM
472 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD