I figured it out. They're waiting for the Duke Nukem Forever game to be finished so they can add it to the 9650
    05-27-10 06:21 AM
    Based on comments that were posted yesterday, I was really hoping that we would see the 9650 available for on-line sales today. It does not look like that is the case as of now. Anyone else getting as discouraged over this as I am?
    05-27-10 06:29 AM
    Based on comments that were posted yesterday, I was really hoping that we would see the 9650 available for on-line sales today. It does not look like that is the case as of now. Anyone else getting as discouraged over this as I am?
    I'm getting frustrated... But I do still have my 9550 which works fine, I'm just realizing more and more that a touchscreen device is not for me, I can't wait to get back to a nice REAL keyboard, and hopefully that will happen sooner than later.
    05-27-10 06:35 AM
    I'm getting frustrated... But I do still have my 9550 which works fine, I'm just realizing more and more that a touchscreen device is not for me, I can't wait to get back to a nice REAL keyboard, and hopefully that will happen sooner than later.
    I'm in nearly the same boat you are - except that I currently have the Storm 1. I am ready to go back to a real keyboard as well.

I am beginning to believe that all the rumors may be true about the 9650 being delayed because of supposed software issues. Argh....
    05-27-10 06:43 AM
    I am beginning to believe that all the rumors may be true about the 9650 being delayed because of supposed software issues. Argh....
    well it doesn't really matter why it's being delayed by vzw... the fact that it is is pure BS.... and if it's "software" issues, that's even more pathetic, because those of us on Sprint are rockin the 9650 like nobody's business, without any issues, in fact latest OS - .699 - runs even smoother.

some have mentioned PTT being a possible hangup... if so, that's truly lame... release the f#cker anyways... want kind of 9650 user would want PTT anways? go get a Nextel if that's what one wants...

this delay is even starting to irritate me, and i'm not even a vzw customer... i'm just SICK of seeing all these posts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    05-27-10 06:49 AM
    I'm convinced we're going to see the world explode before we get this phone. Or maybe it'll come out on that same day.
    Ha ha! I've been having somewhat similar thoughts. And if not, since it's been delayed so long, 31 days after it comes out (since obviously, we'll all buy it on day one), RIM will make a surprise announcement of an all new, fantastic 4G BB that literally puts all other phones to shame.
    05-27-10 06:50 AM
    Can't you figure out what likely happened? Sprint put out the device and then 2 weeks later put out a software update??? Think about it! Verizon most likely rejected the build sprint put out and has not quite approved 699 but probably they will eventually or something around that build.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-27-10 07:01 AM
    i doubt that is the case...

The .621 release is remarkably (and suprisingly) free of major and/or irritating issues.. I have yet to see any reason to even bother with the .699 release, and more importantly nobody has offered any.

If it is software, then its more likely integration of PTT and other VZ specific things..or quite simply a backlog in the qualification department since VZ was working on numerous phone releases at the time Sprint focussed on the 9650...

Can't you figure out what likely happened? Sprint put out the device and then 2 weeks later put out a software update??? Think about it! Verizon most likely rejected the build sprint put out and has not quite approved 699 but probably they will eventually or something around that build.

05-27-10 07:16 AM
    i give up, im porting to sprint by the end of the weekend. need to find someone to willing to pay partial or all my etf
    05-27-10 07:30 AM
    some have had vm notification issues with the sprint build, doubtful vzw would let that pass QC
    05-27-10 07:44 AM
    this delay is even starting to irritate me, and i'm not even a vzw customer... i'm just SICK of seeing all these posts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I'm not sick of seeing these posts! I actually keep myself entertained reading all these rumours, sarcastic posts, and so on. I'm not on VZW and I don't plan on getting a 9650, but these VZW threads on the 9650 make me laugh and surprise me, how people can jump from one date to another and another if that one fails. Lol.

But I sure do hope all these VZW customers get their Bold soon, and those switching to Sprint, I wish them luck with their service, and if not, I hope within the 30 days VZW finally releases the Bold to make them happy. =]

05-27-10 07:54 AM
    This phone on Big Red is becoming more and more like a leprechaun riding a unicorn standing next to the Easter bunny wearing a Detroit Tigers World Series champions ring. My NE2 and contract have been up for months now and now am half wondering weather to go to Sprint to have this phone.
    05-27-10 08:02 AM
    Ok i'm going to put my foot DOWN!!!!! VZW I demand that you release this phone right now or else me and my CRACKBERRY friends are gonna???????????? What are you going to do?

Me i'm gonna keep waiting LMBO
    05-27-10 08:07 AM
    This phone on Big Red is becoming more and more like a leprechaun riding a unicorn standing next to the Easter bunny wearing a Detroit Tigers World Series champions ring. My NE2 and contract have been up for months now and now am half wondering weather to go to Sprint to have this phone.
    Actually, I want somebody who can draw to sketch a picture of this image so I can have it painted or lasered on the back of my VZW Bold when I get it as a piece of custom artwork. Anyone out there know how to draw?

And I am as serious as a heart attack! That's what I wanna do while I'm waiting...

Well, that and swear...(I'm outta school for a few days lol)
    05-27-10 08:16 AM
    Actually, I want somebody who can draw to sketch a picture of this image so I can have it painted or lasered on the back of my VZW Bold when I get it as a piece of custom artwork. Anyone out there know how to draw?

And I am as serious as a heart attack! That's what I wanna do while I'm waiting...

Well, that and swear...(I'm outta school for a few days lol)
    Now that's funny!
    05-27-10 09:54 AM
    there is no *issue* with VM notification, it is simply different.. you get a notification with the vm icon, and missed call alert, you just dont get two vm notifications of the one vm event..

personally i am glad that annoying txt msg has gone..

some have had vm notification issues with the sprint build, doubtful vzw would let that pass QC
    05-27-10 10:11 AM
    sorry as close as i could find on the net Just for you
    05-27-10 10:14 AM
    i doubt that is the case...
    +1

I can hardly believe that VZW is holding back the 9650 waiting for a more polished or "better" OS (unless that would be OS 6). I also can't think of a solid reason why PTT would hold things up either. I mean come on, they used .519 as their official release for the 9630. Obviously waiting for the best OS version wasn't on their radar screen!

They may simply have the 9650 debut in line behind the other new devices they've recently and are about to release.
    05-27-10 10:21 AM
    Easy for me to say, since I can't upgrade before July 5th no matter when the 9650 is released. I am headed to Europe in a few days, so I am guessing we'll know much more by the time I return. Happy speculating my CrackBerry friends
    05-27-10 10:41 AM
    Just called Verizon today and they stated that it might come out next month sometime but as always that probably is not true. In addition, the sales people have not been trained on this device yet.
    05-27-10 02:26 PM
    My vzw rep just called me and said they are being trained
    05-27-10 02:56 PM
    Just called Verizon today and they stated that it might come out next month sometime but as always that probably is not true. In addition, the sales people have not been trained on this device yet.
    All we have is a computer based module to complete for this phone. There won't be any more training than that.

05-27-10 03:29 PM
    Do you think Verizon would release for online sales before in-store sales? If I remember correctly the 9550 had a simultaneous online and in-store release, but I think the Incredible was availabe for pre-order before it was in the store.
    It could go either way. When the 8830 was released it was released to the business channel first. Many phones are released online first.

05-27-10 03:33 PM
    i give up, im porting to sprint by the end of the weekend. need to find someone to willing to pay partial or all my etf
    Yea, paying the "penalty" for terminating stinks... And I thought about it long and hard. It was $65 on my contract and I figured that was worth my sanity (my trackball on my BB is really, really bad).
    05-27-10 03:45 PM
    I'm not sick of seeing these posts! I actually keep myself entertained reading all these rumours, sarcastic posts, and so on. I'm not on VZW and I don't plan on getting a 9650, but these VZW threads on the 9650 make me laugh and surprise me, how people can jump from one date to another and another if that one fails. Lol.

But I sure do hope all these VZW customers get their Bold soon, and those switching to Sprint, I wish them luck with their service, and if not, I hope within the 30 days VZW finally releases the Bold to make them happy. =]

Thanks for the well wishes!!!
    05-27-10 03:46 PM
472 ... 1213141516 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD