I have a 9650w/ OS 6 with Sprint. Lately it has been turning off. Does not matter if I am in bad cell coverage or excellent coverage. It has turned itself off while I am typing SMS/BBM and email. Any thoughts or ideas? Thanks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-09-11 08:39 PM
    Try resending you service books and your PRL (*228).
    04-09-11 10:35 PM
    Try resending you service books and your PRL (*228).
    Ok, thanks.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-10-11 07:57 AM
    Mine was randomly powering off/rebooting itself, but I figured out that the battery was loose. Since I made sure it was firmly in place, it has not done this again.
    04-10-11 12:12 PM
    Mine was randomly powering off/rebooting itself, but I figured out that the battery was loose. Since I made sure it was firmly in place, it has not done this again.
    Before I got my Bold I was borrowing a Tour with a loose battery so what I did was I took a piece of scotch tape, made it a ring with the sticky side out, and put it between the battery and the door. No more shutting off.
    04-10-11 06:52 PM
    Are you sure you haven't set anything to automatically reboot your phone?
    Mine used to shut itself off when the memory got too low also.
    skyboxer likes this.
    04-12-11 08:37 PM
    Mine will shut off in my pocket even though I have it on standby. Apparently the standby doesnt disable the power key, so it can still be accidentally turned off. This is annoying and troublesome and should be fixed IMO.
    04-14-11 12:21 AM
    Mine will shut off in my pocket even though I have it on standby. Apparently the standby doesnt disable the power key, so it can still be accidentally turned off. This is annoying and troublesome and should be fixed IMO.
    Wow! That stinks. I would hate to have my phone shut off without knowing it had!
    04-14-11 06:17 AM
    Re-register the device on the network, resend service books and make sure the network technology is set to 1XEV.
    04-14-11 01:53 PM
    Woah you guys..

I thought it was just a problem with OS6.
    Its always been happening since OS6.
    04-14-11 01:59 PM
    I'm not sure it is OS6. I think it is related to the radio file and has been seen in other OSs such as 4.5 and 5.0 as well, just not as much.
    04-14-11 06:52 PM
    I just picked up my ex-wifes old 9650 (I'm an iPhone user now but I wanted this phone as a backup in case I damage or lose my iPhone because I like physical keyboards and I liked using my older 8830 blackberry when I had it...) and it too is randomly shutting off.

One thing I've noticed so far is that it hasn't rebooted while I was using it in the charging dock and then after I was done using it like this, I placed it in the dock and it's still on (hasn't rebooted). It's been fine for over an hour so far. Makes me think it's something to do with the battery being loose. I tried wadding a piece of paper behind the battery to make it tighter but it didn't work.
    02-25-13 08:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD