Issues:

1) Fluctuating 3G signal. May be the weather. Hopefully not the phone.
    2) Phone is warm on the bottom region, more towards the back, (the battery temp is fine), even without wifi and bluetooth turned on.
    3) May be associated with previous problem, but I went from 95% battery, to 70% battery on about 30 min call. Coming from Pearl, so not sure if this is normal.
    4) This is probably not a problem but inherent to the phone, but charging takes relatively "forever". My pearl has spoiled me, in that it fully charged within very short span of time (30-45 min). Seems to take a loong time to charge the Bold.
    5) The quick button on the right side (pre-programmed for camera) has to be pressed relatively hard for it to open the application. Otherwise, lightly clicking it does nothing. May be done intentionally, or may be unintentional problem.

-----
    Update:
    #5) Its intentional, since when your phone screen turns off automatically, lightly clicking on it turns it back on. Used as focus/shutter button as well...
    Last edited by reaborg; 06-04-10 at 04:45 PM.
    06-04-10 03:39 PM
    1) is same as for sprint..and also reported for the tour also... a shame..i was hoping the newer release would have fixed this..
    2) any phone will get warm if it is being used... cant have ALL that radiation going into your head..... but if it is warm when not on a call, just sitting there and no wifi..you got a problem/
    06-04-10 03:43 PM
    Issues:

1) Fluctuating 3G signal. May be the weather. Hopefully not the phone.
    2) Phone is warm on the bottom region, more towards the back, (the battery temp is fine), even without wifi and bluetooth turned on.
    3) May be associated with previous problem, but I went from 95% battery, to 70% battery on about 30 min call. Coming from Pearl, so not sure if this is normal.
    4) This is probably not a problem but inherent to the phone, but charging takes relatively "forever". My pearl has spoiled me, in that it fully charged within very short span of time (30-45 min). Seems to take a loong time to charge the Bold.
    5) The quick button on the right side (pre-programmed for camera) has to be pressed relatively hard for it to open the application. Otherwise, lightly clicking it does nothing. May be done intentionally, or may be unintentional problem.

-----
    Update:
    #5) Its intentional, since when your phone screen turns off automatically, lightly clicking on it turns it back on. I guess two functions are enabled with one button.
    5) you have to press it harder, to avoid it just coming on and snapping pics in your pocket all the time.
    4)battery difference btwn pearl and tour will have difference in charging time. keep in mind, easier to just top off the battery then to drain it completely.
    3)again, the pearl battery spoiled you with its AMAZING battery life. the larger screen and such will drain the battery more. id suggest the seidio 1600mAh replacement for sure.
    2) sometimes they run a little warm, is it consistent or random?
    1) could be the area you are in, make sure you do a *228 to ensure you have the most current PRL
    06-04-10 04:11 PM
    Battery state of charge went from 100% to 85% within a span of 30-45 minute, during which, all I did was take a picture, and send it to a friend on BBM. No calls, wifi/bluetooth off. That's a substantial drain...I am thinking its the issue with #1.

I live pretty much in the heart of Atlanta, and have never had problems with signals. I've already tried *228.
    06-04-10 04:36 PM
    Could be possible that it has to do with the fluctuating signal, could also be because it is a new battery and needs to be cycled to properly work.
    06-04-10 04:38 PM
    If you have a bad signal, it will keep polling for one and drain your battery like no tomorrow. The Tour has the same issue. I also agree with drm2blv, the Sedio 1600 mah battery is a good choice, I have one and I love it. Dial *228, select option #2 update your roaming capability. After it updates successfully, remove the battery while the device is ON, wait a minute and replace. It should be better after that...
    06-04-10 04:47 PM
    and w00t! Seidio has actually upped it to a 1700mAh battery for the same price! nice!!!!
    06-04-10 04:51 PM
    and w00t! Seidio has actually upped it to a 1700mAh battery for the same price! nice!!!!
    Those bastages!!!
    06-04-10 04:53 PM
    If you have a bad signal, it will keep polling for one and drain your battery like no tomorrow. The Tour has the same issue. I also agree with drm2blv, the Sedio 1600 mah battery is a good choice, I have one and I love it. Dial *228, select option #2 update your roaming capability. After it updates successfully, remove the battery while the device is ON, wait a minute and replace. It should be better after that...
    Well, I don't think I have a bad signal. I was testing out the phone right next to the Verizon store, and the 3G reception was fluctuating. The Android phones inside the store seemed to be holding the 3G signal steady...
    06-04-10 04:54 PM
    What OS is on the VZ 9650? You could try updating to the .732 leak
    06-04-10 04:55 PM
    Well, I don't think I have a bad signal. I was testing out the phone right next to the Verizon store, and the 3G reception was fluctuating. The Android phones inside the store seemed to be holding the 3G signal steady...
    My Droid fluctuated signal horrifically actually. I think it is just area dependent, if the issue is really bothersome, you could try another device from Verizon, maybe you have defective hardware.
    06-04-10 04:56 PM
    If you just activated it, I would give it at least a full day. Try doing what I posted above, that has helped many who have complained of the same issue you're having...
    Those bastages!!!
    Hey I will have my BOLD on Monday. I will be in St Louis in August!
    amazon has the 2600 mAh for tour at around $50. Comes with the larger battery cover.
    06-04-10 04:57 PM
    Also worth doing the sim card trick, since some people report benefits on the 9630 with that.

Flip the sim card upside down.
    06-04-10 04:57 PM
    Hey I will have my BOLD on Monday. I will be in St Louis in August!
    Fantastic Vindeeloo! You will love your new Bold and St. Louis! Congrats!
    06-04-10 04:58 PM
    When you get a new phone, you have to "train" the battery.

One tip is to not even use the phone until you charge it fully for the first time. It's hard because you want to play with it right outside of the box, however this will do a lot.

Also, let your phone fully die the first few times before you charge it and then let it fully charge before you take it off the charger. This will also help with battery life.

The more you charge the phone, the better it will get. I've experience it with many of my phones.
    06-04-10 05:02 PM
    I thought we weren't suppose to let batteries die anymore. I thought it is harder on the newer batteries than batteries of old.
    06-04-10 05:06 PM
    Another thing is if you do a lot of resets it kills the battery. The BB platform does a lot of crap on a soft reset, so basically it has to do a lot more work if you keep resetting.
    06-04-10 05:08 PM
    You can also try setting the network to 1XEV if it's on global.
    06-04-10 05:54 PM
    Is it me just me, or the sound on the 9650 (not the speaker) sounds a bit muffled? I've made sure all "enhanced audio" options are disabled, which earlier was making me sound muffled to other people - but not anymore. However, they still sound bit muffled to me...
    06-04-10 07:58 PM
    The muffled sound has become increasingly annoying...after waiting over half a year, this may be a deal breaker for me.

Not to mention, even with full power cycling of battery, I am losing 20% of battery over 45 min of conversation...
    Last edited by reaborg; 06-05-10 at 11:26 AM.
    06-05-10 11:23 AM
    Also worth doing the sim card trick, since some people report benefits on the 9630 with that.

Flip the sim card upside down.
    I had a LOT of luck with that, totally forgot about that trick!!!!
    06-05-10 11:34 AM
    The muffled sound has become increasingly annoying...after waiting over half a year, this may be a deal breaker for me.

Not to mention, even with full power cycling of battery, I am losing 20% of battery over 45 min of conversation...
    So, the "talk time" of the battery is 300 minutes. The drain you are seeing is just slightly above what would be normal. 60 minutes would be 20% drain, so to see it at 45 minutes, not horrendous. Unfortunately the new batteries arent made like the old ones were where they would last forever.

The muffled sound, is that on your end, or the person you are speaking to is hearing you muffled?
    06-05-10 11:37 AM
    Anyone else have it that when you make a call there's like a really low whistle type of noise in the background? It's really annoying.
    06-05-10 11:39 AM
63 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD