I tried this over in the PB forum without much response so figured I'd try it here. Is anyone bridging a 9650 with a PB? I'd love to know about the speeds or any lag you are getting and any problems or crashing of the PB. I want a PB but not if it doesn't bridge well with the 9650. Thanks!

Mods If you have to move this OK, but I am hoping I can get a few responses over here there wasn't much help in the PB forum. Thx.
    08-16-11 12:34 PM
    I am doing it. It works ok. there is a little little lag but I think its the nature of the bridge. definitely usable
    08-16-11 03:01 PM
    I am too. I think it works really well. BBM and Mail I don't really see any appreciable lag, and the bridge browser is fairly quick, for being bridged 3g over bluetooth.
    08-16-11 03:12 PM
    Thanks, is it faster than the native 9650 browser or just a mirror of it with a larger display. I am hoping it is considerably faster? Thanks again for the info.
    08-16-11 09:45 PM
    My 9650 and PB have worked well together. I sometimes get a little lag when viewing messages, but I have enjoyed them together. The bridge browser is slow, but functional and seems to have gotten better. I think it's a great team
    08-16-11 10:31 PM
    I've been using the 9650 bridged with the PlayBook, and they work well together. Its like a marrige GOOD most of the time
    08-17-11 10:42 AM
    Been running the 9650/PB combo for some time with good success.

Just keep the number of apps running on the phone down and things should be fine.

Not blazingly fast but ueful.

Tim
    08-17-11 01:09 PM
    Thanks very much. To be honest, I usually don't surf on the 9650 because the page loads are so slow. I was hoping the PB would be faster and an improvement over the 9650 so I could access content (and see it with my aging eyes) more quickly.
    08-17-11 02:09 PM
    I tried this over in the PB forum without much response so figured I'd try it here. Is anyone bridging a 9650 with a PB? I'd love to know about the speeds or any lag you are getting and any problems or crashing of the PB. I want a PB but not if it doesn't bridge well with the 9650. Thanks!

Mods If you have to move this OK, but I am hoping I can get a few responses over here there wasn't much help in the PB forum. Thx.
    I think it's a great combo! I have found that the quickest bridged function is the browser. I'm patiently waiting for the Playbook to get a series of updates to really unleash the potential of a Playbook and paired device....hopefully a 9930 soon!
    08-17-11 02:16 PM
    Took the plunge for the $299 e-bay deal of the day, hope it all works out, thanks!
    08-18-11 10:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD