OK...I have a question.

I have my own personal blackberry that is on our company's exchange server. Because of this my Blackberry is tied to all the IT security protocols. I would like for my personal e-mail to come into my blackberry, but because it is on the exchange server they block any messages coming from the blackberry internet service and I can't change it.

Does anyone know how to get around this? I can go to web based mail, but not the same.

Thanks in advace.
    05-21-10 04:06 PM
    I had this issue too I dont know if there's a way around it, but if your company has web access to the exchange server you can setup the mail that way. You lose push email but the phone does poll (you can configure this).

The other thing you lose is the ability to sync your calender (unless it connected to the desktop manager), which is the biggest downside for me so far.
    05-21-10 04:57 PM
    OK...I have a question.

I have my own personal blackberry that is on our company's exchange server. Because of this my Blackberry is tied to all the IT security protocols. I would like for my personal e-mail to come into my blackberry, but because it is on the exchange server they block any messages coming from the blackberry internet service and I can't change it.

Does anyone know how to get around this? I can go to web based mail, but not the same.

Thanks in advace.
    Beg your IT department to allow your BIS email to come through?
    That's probably your easiest option short of carrying two devices or suffering through webmail.
    05-21-10 05:08 PM
    Maybe try AstraSync? I've never used it, but it's an app that allows you to connect via Msoft Exchange ActiveSync, if your IT supports. It's how iPhones and Droid connect to Exchange. Full push email and wireless sync of email, calendar and contacts. I'm not endorsing the app since I've never used, only know what it does. Several other EAS apps out there as well.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-21-10 06:26 PM
    I had this issue too I dont know if there's a way around it, but if your company has web access to the exchange server you can setup the mail that way. You lose push email but the phone does poll (you can configure this).

The other thing you lose is the ability to sync your calender (unless it connected to the desktop manager), which is the biggest downside for me so far.
    No, the phone DOES NOT poll. The BIS servers do the polling and you CAN'T configure the rate at which it does it.

Please don't post junk.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-22-10 06:28 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD