Hi..I have been trying to find a post that coul dhelp me but so far I couldnt.

I am on tmobile prepaid monthly, had a curve and just bought a bold 9650 off of someone which was verizon's but unlocked. now i am posting here after exhausting my resources (Tmo CSR, tmo store, internet).

while ubertweet, comitic horoscope app and my yahoo email work, I cant browse the internet on it, cant use facebook and google map either. if i am on wifi, the only change is that i can browse internet but not the other two.
    the error that facebook and internet browser give is " you are currently on a plan tht doesnt support this app/ u need to contact your service provider for a plan" ... the browser says " browsing over the cellular network is not included as part of your current service plan. use wifi or contact your service provider "

(everything worked on my BB curve and my plan does include unlimited data etc)

I am not that tech savvy but i try...can someone plz plz help me out?
    07-16-11 08:10 PM
    why not just sell it?
    get a 9700 or 9780?
    some thing that is made for the network

was your curve originally from TMO?
    07-16-11 08:51 PM
    It is never gonna work. Different carriers different bands.
    07-16-11 09:06 PM
    Actually Jimi, you can unlock it and use EDGE

Why? Beats the **** outta me, but you can

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-16-11 09:38 PM
    You learn something everyday, thanks.
    07-16-11 11:26 PM
    As others have said, that's the problem. The phone was designed to be used on the Verizon network (Sprint has its own 9650 version), and it will only work to its full capacity on that network. As you can see, it will work on TMobile, albeit in a handicapped sort of way. I've heard, too, that it will work on EDGE if unlocked (mine is), but I've never tried it. And I'm not even sure if it will work on North American EDGE networks, but I'd like to know ...

07-17-11 08:40 AM
    Actually Jimi, you can unlock it and use EDGE

Why? Beats the **** outta me, but you can

I've never understood this either. Unlock a 9650 to get EDGE instead of using a 9700/9780 and getting 3G??
    07-17-11 08:48 AM
    Mine came unlocked from Sprint. It's just an option, an added feature, and options are good. I don't intend to use it that way, but it's nice to know if I had to for some reason I could. Will it work on North American EDGE networks, or is it just an international feature? Anyone know?

07-17-11 08:54 AM
    The 9650, 9700, and 9780 have the same Quad-band GSM/GPRS/EDGE network frequencies, 850/900/1800/1900MHz. So yes, the 9650 will work on US GSM frequencies with EDGE connectivity.

BlackBerry - Bold Smartphones - New BlackBerry Bold 9780 and 9650, 9700 & 9000
    07-17-11 09:34 AM
    To the OP, you need to manually load the Service Books.

As noted, you will not get 3G.
    07-17-11 09:34 AM
    If you will update the service book on your device it can work with EDGE.
    if it's working now on edge so get service book update..
    you can also get a data plan with your pre paid sim card from T-mobile and you will have support for those issues.
    07-19-11 01:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD