Battery life (like with all HTC handsets) completely sucks... That's a major drawback for many that aren't always near a charger.

And the screen problem outdoors/in bright sunlight is a real one... Those who don't acknowledge are either in denial or have never used an Incredible/Desire/Nexus (all same screen with same problem)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Agreed. I have had a lot of phones and trid the droid, hero, and moment. While the do alot of things and all have theie specific selling points and things they do well the battery life is horrid. I work twleve hour shifts and I had to charge my phone atleast twice a day to keep me going.

Andoid does alot not doubt about that. But with the ability to do a lot especially running widgets which are live apps that are running on your screens that draws alot of battery.

And yes the screen is especially hard to see in the sunlight. Thats is my experience.
    04-24-10 09:03 AM
    I don't know if the the storm's screen is different then other BB but I can't see mine AT ALL when outisde. So to me this screen argument is dumb.
    04-24-10 09:34 AM
    I don't know if the the storm's screen is different then other BB but I can't see mine AT ALL when outisde. So to me this screen argument is dumb.
    I agree. Everyone is down playing the AMOLED screen on the Incredible based on what others have said. How can people on this site be so sure how the Incredible screen will be in the sun when it doesn't come out until next week. I'm not sure what kind of screen my Curve 8330 has. I can't see my screen well in the sunlight either. When I make a call I have to rely on the qwerty keypad. When I am in sunlight, I simply angle it some and I can see somewhat. Still not as good as being inside. So to me, it's a mute point.
    04-24-10 10:22 AM
    thats called voice prompt turn by turn directions...

not only that but it is illegal to use your phone while driving in this and many states... i do not think "i was looking at directions" will get you past the state police.

so lets say your trying GPS Navigation then in your car with the Incredible, whats the point when you can't see the screen where your trying to get too? People use there phones outside all the time, to take pictures, videos, text message, web browsing ect... you can't do that on the Incredible

the point is, the phone was not made for the outdoors
    04-24-10 10:33 AM
    I agree. Everyone is down playing the AMOLED screen on the Incredible based on what others have said. How can people on this site be so sure how the Incredible screen will be in the sun when it doesn't come out until next week. I'm not sure what kind of screen my Curve 8330 has. I can't see my screen well in the sunlight either. When I make a call I have to rely on the qwerty keypad. When I am in sunlight, I simply angle it some and I can see somewhat. Still not as good as being inside. So to me, it's a mute point.
    It's not dumb believe me....I have a storm also, and you actually can make out the screen in direct sunlight (it's still pretty bad though). Then I got a droid. In certain situations, you can't see that droid screen AT ALL. You can't make out anything. That starts to get really annoying, and even though it's not the main reason I took mine back...it contributed to it. So if you think the storms screen is bad...don't go anywhere near the droid screen. (yea i know the Motorola droid doesn't have the same kind of AMOLD screen, but it still sucks)
    04-24-10 11:40 AM
    actually, not being able to see the Screen on the Incredible when outside is a HUGE problem. If your like any normal person, you drive in a car with windows the the sun shines through, or have a convertible, go to the beach, work outside, at out door sporting events ect... then having a phone you can't use outside just turns into a paperweight until you step back inside away from the light. Someones trying to call you and you can't even tell whos calling you since you cant see the screen. Or when someone sends you a e-mail or text, you can't read it or respond to it since obviously the screen cannot be seen makes it a HUGE deal and a big flaw for Android. a phone that can only be used outside on cloudy days or inside a house makes it a very bad phone.
    lets see here....
    1. i drive a car with windows and sunroof...within a month they will all be tinted so thats not a problem.
    2. i work inside
    3. the STL Rams play in a DOME...no problem there(49er fan however) the STL cardinals play outside but baseball is horribly boring to watch

i think that covers it for me, ymmv.

the screen thing is overplayed, my diamond is visible in bright sunlight, i have to angle myself or place my hand to give it a 'darker' reflection, but it works fine. the HTC EVO 4G IS NOT AMOLED..IS NOT AMOLED...and i'm on Sprint so...
    04-24-10 01:49 PM
    If you are using the Droid as a GPS, there is no problem seeing the screen. The incredible will be the same way. When its being used as a GPS, it is being tilted at you, not the sky, so the glare isn't nearly as bad. I just went on a trip with my Droid and I had 0 problems seeing the screen and the Incredible will be just fine as well. I agree the screen thing is overplayed, however, I agree that if you use it at the beach or something like that you will have trouble but all you have to do is use your other hand to block it from the sun a little.
    04-24-10 02:32 PM
    Nrre, the phones that you mention that you own do not have AMOLED screens. There is a vast difference between TFT screens and AMOLED screens. We will all be able to see the difference this Thursday when the Incredible is released. Just ask a salesperson if you can walk outside with the Incredible before laying down the money for it.
    04-25-10 09:16 AM
    I am buying the tour 2 on sprint, then adding a second line for the girlfriend and buying the EVO. Most likley, I will give her the bold/tour 2 and keep the EVO
    04-25-10 09:21 AM
    Indoors the amoled screens are great, but outside they are worse than existing options, the super amoled improves things in that respect, but seem to be limited to samsung's own phones at this stage.
    04-25-10 09:24 AM
    Nrre, the phones that you mention that you own do not have AMOLED screens. There is a vast difference between TFT screens and AMOLED screens. We will all be able to see the difference this Thursday when the Incredible is released. Just ask a salesperson if you can walk outside with the Incredible before laying down the money for it.
    i am well aware of this. it seems everyone here thinks everyone is on VZW, so when you say Android they only think Incredible.

The EVO 4G is TFT just like my Diamond is. So it is useable in sunlight, I haven't seen an AMOLED in sunlight so I can't comment/don't care because I don't have the option of getting an AMOLED phone.

Just everytime someone mentions a non-BB phone everyone jumps down their throat "omg outside sunlight" even though only what...2-3 phones have AMOLED?
    04-25-10 01:36 PM
    So what's the verdict? With the official info now on the 9650, it seems like for the exact same price, the HTC Incredible is the one to go with?
    04-26-10 11:53 AM
    I would lean towards the BB before the Incredible.

I want to like the HTC, but the early reports that the screen is hard to read outdoors may be a deal breaker.....
    04-26-10 11:55 AM
    If that is the only "deal breaker", everything I have been reading about that so called issue is so over-rated. Unless you plan on standing outside directly in the sun hold your device up to it all the time.

I would lean towards the BB before the Incredible.

I want to like the HTC, but the early reports that the screen is hard to read outdoors may be a deal breaker.....
    04-26-10 11:58 AM
    Neither one at this point. Will stick where I'm at for now.
    04-26-10 11:59 AM
    If that is the only "deal breaker", everything I have been reading about that so called issue is so over-rated. Unless you plan on standing outside directly in the sun hold your device up to it all the time.
    nah it's just the side of the fence I am on today .

The little joystick, plus deciding if I want to go without a physical keyboard.
    Back of the phone looks bad*ss.
    04-26-10 12:02 PM
    I think it boils down to this. Heavy SMS/email/BBM users will prefer the keyboard and the smaller screen wont bother them. Add the trackpad and WiFi and you've got a strong messaging phone. Lighter users of these features like me who want a better browsing experience will consider the Incredible. Even though I could type faster and more accurately on my Tour, I prefer my Storm for the larger screen.

04-26-10 12:55 PM
    I think it boils down to this. Heavy SMS/email/BBM users will prefer the keyboard and the smaller screen wont bother them. Add the trackpad and WiFi and you've got a strong messaging phone. Lighter users of these features like me who want a better browsing experience will consider the Incredible. Even though I could type faster and more accurately on my Tour, I prefer my Storm for the larger screen.

I agree. I don't mind watching videos on my 8330.
    There are pros and cons to everything.
    I am not a heavy web browser, but use twitter, sms, fb, etc. a lot so it's all preference.

The good thing is that there are choices albeit a lot tougher than years ago!
    04-26-10 12:58 PM
    I also wanted something "better" than blackberry a few months ago and decided to give the droid eris a try. The 5mp camera was horrible! I couldn't text at all and ended up spending most of my time deleting and retyping things. The battery only lasted 6 hours with almost NO usage. I need the keyboard, battery life and phone reception of the blackberry so I came back, and in my opinion there is nothing "better"
    04-26-10 01:35 PM
    One feature I REALLY like about the HTC Incredible is the Speech Recognition. Will this be available on the Bold 9650?
    04-29-10 07:02 PM
    I played with the Incredible today. I found it difficult to use the touch screen keyboard. Presumably takes getting used to but I kept missing the intended letter. Not sure I am up to the learning curve. And maybe I'm wrong but not sure I can synch with Outlook with the HTC. Yes I know Gmail backup but rather not change email address. So I continue with my 8330 and wait for the 9650, phone email etc. And use my Touch or Ipad for all the rest
    04-29-10 07:17 PM
    fokrab, yes you can sync with outlook using HTC's software.
    04-29-10 07:31 PM
    I can confirm the screen issue not been seen outside is a fact on the incredible. a brother of mine got one today and came over to show me. Took it outside to see if the rumers of the bad screen are correct, sure enough the screen CANNOT be seen outside in the sun at all. No way in hel* can you even tell whats on the screen outside. Pretty bad they made a phone with a screen like that, and will put a damper on all those who work outside

other then that, yes, its a nice phone. reminds me another Iphone knock off again, but it runs fast, but other then not seeing the screen outside, I still cannot stand touch screens as they slow me down trying to type on them.
    04-29-10 07:34 PM
    I probably will end up dealing with it when I get the device on monday. To be honest I have problems w my curve in bright sunlight.

04-30-10 07:12 AM
    So now that we are getting closer to the release of the 9650 and specs are rolling out. Which phone is better? Which do we upgrade to?

I am a huge fanboy of all things blackberry and would be sad to switch, but this phone sounds...well...incredible. I used to be pumped just for the wifi on the 9650 and the 3.2 meg camera, but the incredible has 8mg? Are you serious? Of course it is a touch screen and god I hate those! Plus no BBM!

I won't do anything until I touch it, hold it, feel it, and smell it! For both phones that is.

So what is everyone elses thoughts?
    The Incredible is a more advanced phone. If you are looking for an 8mp camera, OLED screen, 1ghz processor, and a fun OS, then you should get the Incredible.

Blackberry works for what it is though, a phone, that can do messaging very well.
    04-30-10 07:18 AM
293 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD