So now that we are getting closer to the release of the 9650 and specs are rolling out. Which phone is better? Which do we upgrade to?

I am a huge fanboy of all things blackberry and would be sad to switch, but this phone sounds...well...incredible. I used to be pumped just for the wifi on the 9650 and the 3.2 meg camera, but the incredible has 8mg? Are you serious? Of course it is a touch screen and god I hate those! Plus no BBM!

I won't do anything until I touch it, hold it, feel it, and smell it! For both phones that is.

So what is everyone elses thoughts?
    04-20-10 09:01 AM
    If you hate touch screens then why the heck would you get the incredible.

People are making a way to big of a deal about this 8mp camera. Are you all like professional photographers or something and taking pictures all day everyday? I take pics with my 3.2mp camera every once in a while and they come out great. Don't need anything more at all.

I don't understand how people are stuck deciding these two phones. These phones should be for very different people. 9650 for texting and email uses. Incredible for someone who wants something flashy and multimedia use.
    04-20-10 09:17 AM
    I had the same argument with myself over the Evo. The Evo seems like one heck of a toy but in the end I realized it would be just that....a toy. I need the keyboard, battery life and phone reception that the Blackberry offers. So, as much as I want the 8 mp camera and HD video that the Evo offers, I need a phone/productivity machine more so I am getting the 9650 on release date. My brother owns a trucking company and had the same battle and has also decided on the 9650.
    04-20-10 09:19 AM
    I have the same debate but for me it all comes down to what is most important to me which is getting my corporate email. I will be getting the Bold.

As for the camera, the reviews are mixed on it. I've read that it only takes average pictures. My Curve takes great pictures with it's 2.0mp camera. I have much more faith in the Bold 3.2MP camera than on the incredible's camera. My wife's droid has a 5MP camera and it takes horrible pictures.
    04-20-10 09:21 AM
    I say neither and go with the Evo on Sprint...

On a serious note I am having the same dilema on Sprint, 9650 or Evo. I love my Tour but the Evo looks like it is going to be one of the best phones out so far. And when the NYC metro area gets 4g this year, forget about it!

But even with all the extra's of the Evo, for some reason I still find myself wanting to stay with a Blackberry...
    04-20-10 09:21 AM
    Incredible, hands down.

Both are good devices but I'd take the Incredible over the 9650 any day.
    04-20-10 09:28 AM
    I have the same debate but for me it all comes down to what is most important to me which is getting my corporate email. I will be getting the Bold.

As for the camera, the reviews are mixed on it. I've read that it only takes average pictures. My Curve takes great pictures with it's 2.0mp camera. I have much more faith in the Bold 3.2MP camera than on the incredible's camera. My wife's droid has a 5MP camera and it takes horrible pictures.
    Your wife must have a messed up Droid. Mine takes excellent pictures. Probably the best I've seen on a smartphone.
    04-20-10 09:30 AM
    I need the keyboard, battery life and phone reception that the Blackberry offers.
    Battery life? What battery life??? Ohhh, no wonder you mentioned good battery life, your profile says you're using a Curve not a Tour! Look out, I'm not expecting the battery life on the 9650 to be any better than it "isn't" on the 9630.

Like you probably do now, I used to get 3 or 4 days of battery life out of my Curve even with moderate to heavy usage. Now if I make it through the entire day with the 9630 battery I'm happy...
    04-20-10 09:36 AM
    for me...9650 no question about it
    04-20-10 09:38 AM
    I've been following the 9650 and been wanting this phone for a long time now. I had a good CB buddy of mine tell me about the Incredible and now I'm torn.
    04-20-10 09:42 AM
    well... coming from a Nexus One - basically an incredible minus the optical pad and 8MP cam... and yes, I had it running with Sense UI even... (rooted).... the choice is simple... 9650

but hey, if you want to truly appreciate the 9650... get the Incredible first... it will be sweet for the first few weeks, maybe even month or two... then the novelty wears off and you'll be jonesing for a 9650... the simplicity, the efficiency... the battery life, the RF performance... (all of which SUCK on an android - I know - I suffered through it, in denial... )

04-20-10 09:43 AM
    Battery life? What battery life??? Ohhh, no wonder you mentioned good battery life, your profile says you're using a Curve not a Tour! Look out, I'm not expecting the battery life on the 9650 to be any better than it "isn't" on the 9630.

Like you probably do now, I used to get 3 or 4 days of battery life out of my Curve even with moderate to heavy usage. Now if I make it through the entire day with the 9630 battery I'm happy...
    9630 is not the model of battery life and that's well known... hopefully the 9650 will have 9700-like battery life... which is amazing! but of course, being a CDMA phone, the 9650 will still not get quite as good as the 9700 (assuming same battery - which not sure it does... )
    04-20-10 09:47 AM
    But even with all the extra's of the Evo, for some reason I still find myself wanting to stay with a Blackberry...
    that's the bottom line

i can't wait to read all the complaints about the EVO folks having that popsicle stick stand snag in their pockets or purse... or worse, jab them in the scrotum...

girl: "Are you just happy to see me?"
    evo guy: "No, that's just my EVO baby... let me show it to you... wait... OW! my scrotum got punctured!! call 911!! use my EVO!"

LOL
    04-20-10 09:50 AM
    that's the bottom line

i can't wait to read all the complaints about the EVO folks having that popsicle stick stand snag in their pockets or purse... or worse, jab them in the scrotum...

girl: "Are you just happy to see me?"
    evo guy: "No, that's just my EVO baby... let me show it to you... wait... OW! my scrotum got punctured!! call 911!! use my EVO!"

LOL
    and there will be just as many, if not more complaints about the 9650.
    how many of the original Tour owners bitched and complained about their Tour? Tons of them and people still complaining about them.
    04-20-10 09:52 AM
    I've been wanting the 9650 since it was announced last year.. BUT with the stats on the new EVO I have decided to wait, I will get the EVO when it drops in June, then if I don't like it will go back to the 9650.. The way I see it, I have waited for the 9650 to drop since December, I can wait another month for the EVO to come out try it out, then if I don't like it get the 9650 after all the early adopters find the bugs and start getting them worked out.. The way I see it, it's a win win situation..
    04-20-10 09:55 AM
    and there will be just as many, if not more complaints about the 9650.
    how many of the original Tour owners bitched and complained about their Tour? Tons of them and people still complaining about them.
    the original 9630 was not ready for primetime... which is a shame... hopefully the 9650 will be more like the 9700 in terms of design maturity and stability
    04-20-10 10:07 AM
    the original 9630 was not ready for primetime... which is a shame... hopefully the 9650 will be more like the 9700 in terms of design maturity and stability
    we can only hope, but i won't hold my breath because with RIM it's always the same old song.
    04-20-10 10:12 AM
    I wish I got a 9630 so I could see what problems you guys are talking about. My brother has this phone and he has never had a problem with it.
    04-20-10 10:19 AM
    I work part time at a Sprint Repair center.. I say that only because I wanted you all to know I can honestly be using ANY phone Sprint offers right now. In my desk draw at home right now is a Palm Pre, HTC Touch Pro 2, a Palm Treo Pro, and another HERO in case my wife breaks hers again. (and a bunch of "dumb phones not worth mentioning)

The fact that I could be using any of them yet choose to use the Blackberry Curve 8530 says a lot for Blackberry and its comfort zone. I personally will get the BOLD when it comes out and use it until the first 6.0 RIM device hits Sprint.
    04-20-10 10:32 AM
    I work part time at a Sprint Repair center.. I say that only because I wanted you all to know I can honestly be using ANY phone Sprint offers right now. In my desk draw at home right now is a Palm Pre, HTC Touch Pro 2, a Palm Treo Pro, and another HERO in case my wife breaks hers again. (and a bunch of "dumb phones not worth mentioning)

The fact that I could be using any of them yet choose to use the Blackberry Curve 8530 says a lot for Blackberry and its comfort zone. I personally will get the BOLD when it comes out and use it until the first 6.0 RIM device hits Sprint.
    Why did you choose the 8530 over the 9630?
    04-20-10 10:36 AM
    because he knows how unstable and unreliable a 9630 is!
    04-20-10 10:47 AM
    goodluck trying to see the Incredible's screen during the day outside. reports are flying in that some cant even make a simple phone call while outside since they cannot even see the screen while the sun is out....

Bold 9650 for me hands down
    04-20-10 10:53 AM
    Good question! And be honest. Thanks
    04-20-10 10:59 AM
    goodluck trying to see the Incredible's screen during the day outside. reports are flying in that some cant even make a simple phone call while outside since they cannot even see the screen while the sun is out....

Bold 9650 for me hands down
    no links about these reports?
    i'm disappointed in you!!
    04-20-10 11:03 AM
    Take a look at this thread which cover that at length:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f172/es...ml#post4853780

So now that we are getting closer to the release of the 9650 and specs are rolling out. Which phone is better? Which do we upgrade to?

I am a huge fanboy of all things blackberry and would be sad to switch, but this phone sounds...well...incredible. I used to be pumped just for the wifi on the 9650 and the 3.2 meg camera, but the incredible has 8mg? Are you serious? Of course it is a touch screen and god I hate those! Plus no BBM!

I won't do anything until I touch it, hold it, feel it, and smell it! For both phones that is.

So what is everyone elses thoughts?
    04-20-10 11:03 AM
293 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD