Does anyone know of an extended battery for the 9650 that does NOT require a different door?
    04-13-11 03:32 PM
    04-13-11 04:16 PM
    I have the 1700mAh and it is perfect for me and keeps the same door. I'd recommend the larger 2600 tho for most everyone else as this one just isn't for everyone gives about 18 to 20 percent more run time.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    KBR Racer likes this.
    04-13-11 04:22 PM
    How big is the stock battery? I know how much the stock battery gives me so how much bigger is the one it comes with?
    04-13-11 05:11 PM
    I think the stock battery is 1400 mAh. I'm another user of the 1700 and it more than does the job for me. Same dimensions as the OEM that came with your device. Just pop the door off your device and verify the size.

KBR Racer likes this.
    04-13-11 05:20 PM
    Really though for the couple of bucks more the 2600 only adds 2 or 3 millimeters and adds so much more use time. I had the 1700 for a while and it could get me through a normal day, but if I do not go directly home after work and say go out for a bit, it could not make it home.
    04-13-11 07:05 PM
    Another +1 for the 2600 extended battery. You can't kill it and I can still use silicone skins or other covers without the door on the back.
    skyboxer likes this.
    04-13-11 08:57 PM
    Another +1 for the 2600 extended battery. You can't kill it and I can still use silicone skins or other covers without the door on the back.
    Same here. I did the Otterbox Commuter mod and you can't tell it has an extended battery in it.
    lev874 likes this.
    04-13-11 11:57 PM
    For some reason the 9650 sucks down battery worse than a lot of the other BB's. Definitely recommend the 2600 + otterbox commuter mod
    04-14-11 12:02 AM
    i got the seidio extended battery and i love it..doesnt stick out that much and feels good when txting also last alot long then my other battery. and im heavy on txting web twitter and fb
    04-14-11 08:43 AM
    I have the 2600 and didnt even think to try my otterbox commuter case with it. Thanks for the info. Cant wait to get home and slap it on.
    04-14-11 01:46 PM
    +1 for the Seidio 2600!!
    04-14-11 02:32 PM
    I have both the 2600 and the 1700 and I can understand the OP wanting to use the original battery door. The extended ones they give you suck since their all designed for the tour, the phones are similar but not identical. I snapped the latch off my cover for the 2600 trying to get it off to do a battery pull, they are cheaply designed... and I dont like the extra thickness or the weight. You can force it into the holster with the extended battery cover but the added pressure peeled the cheap chrome off the trackpad I guess bigger isnt always better.

I use the seido 1700 now. Unlike what the reviews say its not hard to take out when u do a battery pull. It uses the stock door, plus you can also use the 1700 battery with the powermat door if u want. Of course, it gives better battery life then the stock battery. I can't tell you how much better exactly since the stock battery was shot when I replaced it for the 1700. The trick is to leave it in for a while longer after it gets to 100%. I have meterberry so when the voltage is at 4.2 its fully charged.
    04-14-11 02:58 PM
    I have a video for Commuter and 2600 mod. Very easy.

04-14-11 03:12 PM
    I have both the 2600 and the 1700 and I can understand the OP wanting to use the original battery door. The extended ones they give you suck since their all designed for the tour, the phones are similar but not identical. I snapped the latch off my cover for the 2600 trying to get it off to do a battery pull, they are cheaply designed... and I dont like the extra thickness or the weight. You can force it into the holster with the extended battery cover but the added pressure peeled the cheap chrome off the trackpad I guess bigger isnt always better.

I use the seido 1700 now. Unlike what the reviews say its not hard to take out when u do a battery pull. It uses the stock door, plus you can also use the 1700 battery with the powermat door if u want. Of course, it gives better battery life then the stock battery. I can't tell you how much better exactly since the stock battery was shot when I replaced it for the 1700. The trick is to leave it in for a while longer after it gets to 100%. I have meterberry so when the voltage is at 4.2 its fully charged.
    I also do not like the latch on the extended battery door, but I LOVE the extra weight and heft as the phone feels better in my hands and less likely to slip. I guess it's a personal preference.
    04-14-11 03:31 PM
    Really though for the couple of bucks more the 2600 only adds 2 or 3 millimeters and adds so much more use time. I had the 1700 for a while and it could get me through a normal day, but if I do not go directly home after work and say go out for a bit, it could not make it home.
    Well, actually about 12 more bucks at the CB store for the 2600, but have seen the 1700 for as little as $40 on other sites. I easily get more than a full day and many times two full days with the 1700, plus get to use the stock door and all of my cases fit perfectly, not to mention that I still have my original 1400 battery as a backup.
    04-14-11 03:46 PM
    I use a 2200 mah battery with a 9000 Holster.
    04-14-11 03:57 PM
    My friend uses his Tour with an old 8830 holster, likes that "broken-in" feel and his phone easily slips in and out of it.
    04-14-11 04:06 PM
    Ya I know the feeling. I got an old 9000 holster used. But was to used....

So got a new one online... and man it needs broken it big time. way to snug...
    04-14-11 04:15 PM
    Nice thing about older, larger holsters is you can use a skin or even some cases on your 9650 (or 9630, etc) with them, even better to find one that is really broken in nicely.
    04-14-11 04:32 PM
    I use a 2200 mah battery with a 9000 Holster.
    Which 2200 mAh battery are you using? I've been looking into buying a replacement 2500 mAh battery from ebay (2500 mAh replacement battery) and I'm wondering if its a good buy. I really don't care for the back cover since I have an Otterbox Commuter I'm willing to sacrifice for the mod, and while I'd love the Seidio 2600 mAh battery I can't find one locally or with a reasonable international shipping rate.
    06-19-11 09:23 AM
    Which 2200 mAh battery are you using? I've been looking into buying a replacement 2500 mAh battery from ebay (2500 mAh replacement battery) and I'm wondering if its a good buy. I really don't care for the back cover since I have an Otterbox Commuter I'm willing to sacrifice for the mod, and while I'd love the Seidio 2600 mAh battery I can't find one locally or with a reasonable international shipping rate.
    thats an ebay battery. you get what you pay for, i would buy the seidio.
    06-19-11 08:11 PM
    I would get the Seidio if the shipping didn't cost as much as the battery... and I got my 9650 for only 120 bucks, only around $20 more than the Seidio + shipping. I actually have another D-X1 that I always bring around, but it sucks lugging that along with an M-S1 for my personal phone, the 9000. Yeah, its real easy to say go for the Seidio when you get free shipping on it, right?

Anyway, I don't know of a 2200mAh D-X1 compatible battery for the 9650 from Seidio that's why I asked John. And since he's a forum mod I think he'd be well-informed (not that I don't think you are eve6er69) and just wouldn't go buying anything worthless. I'm just looking at options before I commit a mistake (a cheap one at that) or go splash for close to $100 for a battery shipped half a world away.

Or I could just keep lugging batteries around and spend nothing extra. Sucks, but that's the most economical way. I think.
    06-19-11 09:37 PM
    That Ebay battery looks very similar to the one on Deal Extreme. DX has one that's 2800 mAh with free shipping and it's only around $15 usd. Check out the link below.

$15.40 - 3.7V 2800mAh High Capacity Battery Pack with Back Cover for BlackBerry Tour 9630 - Batteries

06-19-11 10:14 PM
    I would get the Seidio if the shipping didn't cost as much as the battery... and I got my 9650 for only 120 bucks, only around $20 more than the Seidio + shipping. I actually have another D-X1 that I always bring around, but it sucks lugging that along with an M-S1 for my personal phone, the 9000. Yeah, its real easy to say go for the Seidio when you get free shipping on it, right?

No offense taken Lol. I have purchased batteries off of eBay for my 9650 and they never charged. I also have a coworker that gave me crap because I spent 60+ dollars on a seidio battery and he got an ext like that off of eBay and claims they are the same. We had a 6 hr seminar at work the other day and me and him bbm'd the whole time while we were at the same table because were corny and we were bored as he11. We got back upstairs and he looked at me and said "see they're the same, a normal battery would be dead by now but I still have 35%" I laughed because I had 78% left and then that's about 3 minutes before a seidio was on it's way to his house. Lol

I kind of an accessory nut when it comes to my phones and I can tell you from personal experience that there are very few products that work well and that are cheap. Only ones I have found are the epik resin cases from Justin here on the boards. The rest are just cheap Japanese or Chinese junk. But thats just my $0.02
    Anyway, I don't know of a 2200mAh D-X1 compatible battery for the 9650 from Seidio that's why I asked John. And since he's a forum mod I think he'd be well-informed (not that I don't think you are eve6er69) and just wouldn't go buying anything worthless. I'm just looking at options before I commit a mistake (a cheap one at that) or go splash for close to $100 for a battery shipped half a world away.

Or I could just keep lugging batteries around and spend nothing extra. Sucks, but that's the most economical way. I think.

06-20-11 08:39 AM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD