05-21-10 12:23 PM
50 12
tools
    Sprint is trying to tell me I must change my family share plan to an individual plan in order to activate my $450 phone I just bought from them.....stay tuned...
    05-18-10 08:19 PM
    I have a family share data plan and didn't have to make any changes whatsoever.
    05-18-10 08:28 PM
    That just doesn't make sense.
    05-18-10 08:32 PM
    I have the individual plan with 2 lines added on, is this what you guys had?
    05-18-10 08:33 PM
    I was already running a Family Share Data plan.. 4 lines base price 129 unlimited data/text/mms nights weekend 7pm unlimited mobile mobile... lines 3 and 4 are $19 each.
    05-18-10 08:34 PM
    no changes for me.. I have the Everything Data Plan.
    05-18-10 08:54 PM
    Why did they say you had to change? Did you try to activate instore?
    05-18-10 08:59 PM
    I have the family plan, 3000 minutes. Activated with no problems at all.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-18-10 09:04 PM
    I have Talk For Family/share 700, Blackberry® Personal Pack, and 3rd linje for 9.99 more. and they are trying to make me go to an individual line or the Everything data family plan. Bottom line is my other 2 lines get used very rarely by my parents who are sr. citizens.
    05-18-10 09:08 PM
    that maybe it. I read on here that all blackberry's starting with the 8530 had to be on the everything data plan
    05-18-10 09:44 PM
    that maybe it. I read on here that all blackberry's starting with the 8530 had to be on the everything data plan
    That's probably it, BUT I have good news...after 3 hrs on the phone, I got the new Unlimited Family Data with a 3rd line for $114.49. Don't give in folks!
    05-18-10 10:24 PM
    Am on the 1500 minute unlimited data plan, no issues for me. Sounds like you may be on a legacy plan and most smart phones are requiring you moved to one of the new unlimited data plans.
    05-18-10 10:46 PM
    BEWARE is right. Same thing happened to me today. I called to activate my new 9650 and they told me I could not activate it with my current plan. I have a retention plan that is really sweet. Have used it through 4 different Blackberry's. I bought the 9650 to replace my 9630 Tour. No reason on earth that my plan should not work just fine with the Bold. They wouldn't listen. They said that the system is configured differently now and no more letting old guys like me who have a retention plan with Blackberry data (that was set up around the old Free and Clear plan) stay with our plan. I would have to change plans, incur MORE expense for less minutes and features and of course lose my Phone as Modem. Talk about taking the fun out of my newly arrived 9650! I talked to everyone I could at Sprint and so far haven't gotten any resolution. One of the retention reps was suppose to call me back, but never did. Looks like I'll just keep the Tour and when I do change plans, possibly change providers also. So disappointing after 12 years with Sprint.
    05-18-10 10:55 PM
    BEWARE is right. Same thing happened to me today. I called to activate my new 9650 and they told me I could not activate it with my current plan. I have a retention plan that is really sweet. Have used it through 4 different Blackberry's. I bought the 9650 to replace my 9630 Tour. No reason on earth that my plan should not work just fine with the Bold. They wouldn't listen. They said that the system is configured differently now and no more letting old guys like me who have a retention plan with Blackberry data (that was set up around the old Free and Clear plan) stay with our plan. I would have to change plans, incur MORE expense for less minutes and features and of course lose my Phone as Modem. Talk about taking the fun out of my newly arrived 9650! I talked to everyone I could at Sprint and so far haven't gotten any resolution. One of the retention reps was suppose to call me back, but never did. Looks like I'll just keep the Tour and when I do change plans, possibly change providers also. So disappointing after 12 years with Sprint.
    Be persistent, I had to let them change my plan to activate the phone (it's in the fine print under what plans work with this phone), but then they gave me some recurring discounts and made my other 2 lines immediately eligible for new blackberries at the 2 year rate. I would not wait to hear back from the rep.
    05-18-10 11:00 PM
    Am on the 1500 minute unlimited data plan, no issues for me. Sounds like you may be on a legacy plan and most smart phones are requiring you moved to one of the new unlimited data plans.
    I take this back. I was previously getting BES complimentary with my plan and am no longer. Now all of a sudden it shows BES Buy-up for $20/month. They did this without telling me. It's too late to chat with anyone and I'm not in the mood to get stuck on the phone, so I sent off a note to e-care. We'll see what happens. Nothing pisses me off more than having my plan changed without being told. No really interested in paying $240 more a year for my BB.
    05-18-10 11:06 PM
    Be persistent, I had to let them change my plan to activate the phone (it's in the fine print under what plans work with this phone), but then they gave me some recurring discounts and made my other 2 lines immediately eligible for new blackberries at the 2 year rate. I would not wait to hear back from the rep.
    Thanks for the encouragement Randy, but today talking to three different people was not very pleasant. I will call again tomorrow and see if we can come to a resolution. I can't believe how much time I've spent already on this activation / plan issue. I'm pretty much ready to return the 9650 and just keep the Tour until I find another carrier/plan, etc. that works. I need the unlocked GSM for travel, so that limits the options somewhat.
    05-18-10 11:14 PM
    I would love to have upgraded to the 9650, but I used mine for a 9630 last month since it was the last BB they will let you grandfather in without touching your plan. I won't let them touch my account unless I absolutely have to, it has never gone well when they have, lol. I know I'll have to let go in the next year or so though. Just delaying the inevitable.

I'm glad it seems to be working out for most of you though! Good luck tbonanno & gros0148.
    05-18-10 11:18 PM
    Now I'm worried VZW is gonna pull something similar.
    05-18-10 11:33 PM
    A Blackberry IS a Blackberry. If you currently had a 9630 activated and working on the existing plan, what's the problem with activating the new Tour 9650? I think you were talking to a stupid person from Sprint.
    05-19-10 12:03 AM
    A Blackberry IS a Blackberry. If you currently had a 9630 activated and working on the existing plan, what's the problem with activating the new Tour 9650? I think you were talking to a stupid person from Sprint.
    Well I talked to 5 different stupid people, but still had to change my plan, Sprint's system will NOT let you activate it with out the new data plans. Click more info on the phone on sprint.com then "about plans for this phone" (Some important things to know about BlackBerry smartphones) it says: "If you're a current customer upgrading to these phones
    After you receive your new phone, you can activate it online. If you don't already have one of the data plans we offer today, you'll need to select one of the data plans listed above when you activate it.
    Please note: If you switch from a plan we no longer offer, and for some reason you decide to go back to your old phone, please be aware that you won't be able to switch back to your old plan. However, you will be able to switch to other plans we currently offer."
    Last edited by randymc2641; 05-19-10 at 12:11 AM. Reason: insert link
    05-19-10 12:10 AM
    Seems like a shifty way to get you to change plans. lol Looks like they are following in VZW's footsteps in terms of shiftyness.
    05-19-10 12:16 AM
    It is, they just want us all off SERO and old smaller family plans.

My husband uses zero data or messaging and we only have 2 lines. I would basically be throwing $40 down the toilet a month to upgrade to their smallest family Everything Data plan, which they'd require us to have if I want a phone with wifi o_O
    05-19-10 12:23 AM
    It is, they just want us all off SERO and old smaller family plans.

My husband uses zero data or messaging and we only have 2 lines. I would basically be throwing $40 down the toilet a month to upgrade to their smallest family Everything Data plan, which they'd require us to have if I want a phone with wifi o_O
    I agree, that's what I told them...to get the phone I want I have to pitch in $450 now, then $40 extra dollars a month, when my parents don't use ANY data...then to make it worth while I would have to get 2 blackberries for their lines out of renewal period, so my point to them was, I have to spend $1400 now then $40 a month JUST to have the phone I want....still no budging....except for the deal I worked out, BUT I absolutely had to switch plans to one of the new plans.
    05-19-10 12:32 AM
    the only plan that sprint will change is if you get that HTC 4g blah blah for 4g service its like $20-30 EXTRA for that service......I feel sorry for the other carriers thats ganna pay up the ***!
    05-19-10 12:35 AM
    Was actually told during all this, that you could get the EVO could be used on this plan....who knows if that's true without an extra fee or not....
    05-19-10 12:53 AM
50 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD