the only plan that sprint will change is if you get that HTC 4g blah blah for 4g service its like $20-30 EXTRA for that service......I feel sorry for the other carriers thats ganna pay up the ***!
    It's only $10 extra a month for 4G WiMax. You're thinking of the mobile hotspot charge which can be avoided if you root your Evo.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    05-19-10 01:11 AM
    The EVO $10.00 a month EXTRA fee is for the 4G service and to help them EXPAND the 4G network to cover the whole country. And sorry Everyone if you had an older plan you all should have known upgrading your phone MY INVOLVE you having you to change your OLD plan for a DATA unlimited plan. I know it's messed up but when you upgrade your phone they are able to write a NEW CONTRACT to upgrade your services, those plans you were on were out-dated and they are trying to make EVERYTHING simpler for billing reason. I mean you could goto Verizon and they have like 20 different plans just for individuals where Sprint has about 15 plans all together in their systems, VERY EASY. I know it does stink if you had an old plan and you have other people on your line that doesn't use data time, then you hafta work around to make it work.
    I find Sprints plans amazingly CHEAP, not stupid fees like Verizon plans on starting to charge just for ALL SMARTPHONE of $10.00 extra a month.
    Yeah the EVO will have it, but for $10.00 I won't complain it is a remarkable phone and out does ANYTHING out there right now being a 4G phone.
    I am looking forward to the EVO, I wanted the Bold so bad, but I can't rationalize paying $300.00 for a phone that doesn't really offer me ANYTHING better then the Tour I just bought here in Jan. Trackpad, WIFI, and 512mb of memory just doesn't do it for me...
    05-19-10 01:14 AM
    Wow!!! Seems like Sprint is really giving you guys one heck of a time for a phone that you had to wait at least six months for! Sure hope Verizon treats us a little better.
    05-19-10 01:40 AM
    Well Verizon like I said has 100 different plans, and Sprint has only 7 plans Blackberrys work on WITHOUT an extra BLACKBERRY BIS Charge. Be prepared to see Verizon sock you with a NEW fee they are talking about adding to ALL SMARTPHONES. Most of Sprints plan have unlimited data.
    05-19-10 01:48 AM
    I already have a nice plan with a 3g multimedia data plan. Hopefully I can just upgrade to the BB smartphone data plan for an extra $20 bucks per line.
    05-19-10 01:53 AM
    Yea you definitely got to find a rep that knows about sero. Because I have 3 sero lines. On my tour i had the $30 with the $10 bb addon with 200 bonus mins. But as soon as i got the bold i was told by the rep i would have to change my plan but she said it was nothing major because it was just a $40 same mins. just bb pack already included. & because I lost my bonus mins i asked if there was a higher plan so she put me on the $60 1250 sero bb plan. If you got a sero plan dont let them bs off it. because you definitely can stay on it with the tour or bold it just gotta find the right code because this rep put me on hold for like 10 mins finding the correct code for the sero bb plans. Just stand your ground and you find the right rep.
    05-19-10 04:48 AM
    i was under the impression that you had to have one of the data plans (Simply Everything Or Everything Data Plan) to use a Blackberry with Sprint. I have the everything data plan and it's been great. Once I went from my Razr to the 8330 a little over a year ago I had to switch my plan to either one of these plans that I mentioned.. I wasn't told any other options then.
    05-19-10 06:10 AM
    @randy:

How much per month will they charge you for your parents' lines? Are they dumb phones? I am paying full price for 4 lines on the Everything Data plan. I would like a 5th line for a dumb phone, but I don't want to pay $20 more per month.
    05-19-10 07:37 AM
    @randy:

How much per month will they charge you for your parents' lines? Are they dumb phones? I am paying full price for 4 lines on the Everything Data plan. I would like a 5th line for a dumb phone, but I don't want to pay $20 more per month.
    Well I ended up getting them on the unlimited data and getting them bb's too (had been discussing it already but didn't tell sprint that). So it would be $20 to add any phone to the plan....so might as well go bb

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-19-10 10:31 AM
    I take this back. I was previously getting BES complimentary with my plan and am no longer. Now all of a sudden it shows BES Buy-up for $20/month. They did this without telling me. It's too late to chat with anyone and I'm not in the mood to get stuck on the phone, so I sent off a note to e-care. We'll see what happens. Nothing pisses me off more than having my plan changed without being told. Not really interested in paying $240 more a year for my BB.
    Resolved. They were able to restore BES Courtesy, so I'm good. If not, for $150/month I was going to be jumping on the iPhone bandwagon, my wife wants one bad. Since they rectified, looks like I'll continue to have her look at the EVO. Man I want that phone, darn work and their BB love affair...
    05-19-10 10:39 AM
    This has been known for a while since the 8530 came out. All new BB's will require the Everything xxxx plans. I have the old free and clear plan with free BIS, and am pretty sure the phone wont activate with that plan.

Sprint put this in as a technical limitation -- so its not even something you can override with someone higher up.

Its a dumb policy -- compare someone on a Tour vs Bold. The bold would use wifi at times and thus use less network data. The tour would only be using network data. Sprint dropped the ball with this one. They're pissing off older (loyal) customers.
    05-19-10 12:46 PM
    that is NOT an outrageous policy...Sprint, like all carriers, reserve the right to streamline and rationalise their plans... you are getting a huge discount on a phone... pay full price if you want to keep your old plan

but by all means go to another provider if that is what is going to make you feel better....another $1000/2yrs

BEWARE is right. Same thing happened to me today. I called to activate my new 9650 and they told me I could not activate it with my current plan. I have a retention plan that is really sweet. Have used it through 4 different Blackberry's. I bought the 9650 to replace my 9630 Tour. No reason on earth that my plan should not work just fine with the Bold. They wouldn't listen. They said that the system is configured differently now and no more letting old guys like me who have a retention plan with Blackberry data (that was set up around the old Free and Clear plan) stay with our plan. I would have to change plans, incur MORE expense for less minutes and features and of course lose my Phone as Modem. Talk about taking the fun out of my newly arrived 9650! I talked to everyone I could at Sprint and so far haven't gotten any resolution. One of the retention reps was suppose to call me back, but never did. Looks like I'll just keep the Tour and when I do change plans, possibly change providers also. So disappointing after 12 years with Sprint.
    05-19-10 01:06 PM
    A Blackberry IS a Blackberry. If you currently had a 9630 activated and working on the existing plan, what's the problem with activating the new Tour 9650? I think you were talking to a stupid person from Sprint.

Not quite true. The Sprint policy was that all BB phones with WiFi (ie the 8530 and newer) must have one of the data everything plan.

While it might not make sence, those requirements are hardwired into their activation system and a rep can't change it.

What a rep can do is to try to get you on one of the new plans that hopefully is close to your current plan - you then need to decide if the difference is worth the new phone.
    05-19-10 01:13 PM
    you are getting a huge discount on a phone... pay full price if you want to keep your old plan
    You missed the point. Its not a matter of what price you pay for the phone. In order to get the 9650 or the 8530 activated on a line, it MUST be either:

Simply Everything
    Everything Data (individual or family)
    SERO + $10 BIS Buy Up

That's it -- no alternatives no matter what you hear.
    05-19-10 01:29 PM
    that is NOT an outrageous policy...Sprint, like all carriers, reserve the right to streamline and rationalise their plans... you are getting a huge discount on a phone... pay full price if you want to keep your old plan

but by all means go to another provider if that is what is going to make you feel better....another $1000/2yrs
    Paying full price for the phone does not allow you to keep your old plan....have you been reading from the beginning?
    05-19-10 05:32 PM
    Paying full price for the phone does not allow you to keep your old plan....have you been reading from the beginning?
    Not sure where Mystic is coming from, but Randy and others seem to understand. My point is that I pay a pretty hefty chunk of change every month for my plan and it has worked well with the 9630 Tour and three Blackberry's before the Tour. So I wait for the 9650 to get Wi-Fi, receive it, attempt to activate and they say no, have to change plans (which means I lose my Phone as Modem). They want me to pay more and lose an important feature. I think that is outrageous for someone who just dropped $300 (or whatever) for a new phone, has been a loyal customer for 12 years, and simply wants to go from a 9630 to a 9650 ! I understand why they are doing it, but I don't think that is right for loyal, longstanding customers. Anyway, it is what it is. After two days of speaking with different reps and retention and account services, etc., the 9650 is going back. I'm still staying with Sprint, but no new phone for me. Will keep my 9630 as I'm not willing to change plans and give up my PAM feature, even though I only need it occasionally. Very disappointing. I suspect when my Tour breaks, and I will be forced to give up the Phone as Modem (PAM) feature, then I will look at other International models and maybe leave BB.. maybe the new iPhone (GSM) if it can be unlocked... I know, I know . Thanks to everyone for the supportive words earlier. I will say that the 9650 did seem sweet for the few hours I had it. Trackpad, more responsive, etc. than my 9630. I'm envious.
    05-20-10 01:05 AM
    Thats a bum deal Tony...I can see why you wouldnt want to give up PAM especially in your line of work. Im due for a change in July so im watching this and the Evos release... Checked out your site and pics. Very nice! Love the Horses in Art Mag... Nice work!
    05-20-10 01:27 AM
    Thats a bum deal Tony...I can see why you wouldnt want to give up PAM especially in your line of work. Im due for a change in July so im watching this and the Evos release... Checked out your site and pics. Very nice! Love the Horses in Art Mag... Nice work!
    Thanks for the nice comments about the work Jim. Technology has become a huge factor in the field; the cameras, computers, printing technology, and even my phone. Sometimes I think I'm getting too old for the tech treadmill .

Wishing you the best...

Tony
    05-20-10 02:25 AM
    Well I ended up getting them on the unlimited data and getting them bb's too (had been discussing it already but didn't tell sprint that). So it would be $20 to add any phone to the plan....so might as well go bb

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Wow, I was starting to think Sprint had some good plans, but 20 bucks per line is atrocious! Then you added the BB Data plan to each phone?

How much is your plan again?

I pay 160 a month through Tmobile and have them due to UMA at my house as I get no signal in there. (Nobody does) I have 700 family minutes, Unlimited text,data on two phones and insurance on two phones....total 5 phones...10 dollars a line, last one was 5...as I just got it as it is a special they are running.

Was thinking of trying to go with a cheaper plan sometime in the future and Sprint was an option....humm, Verizon sucks as they nail you with everything and now looks like Sprint is doing the same and I hate AT&T with a passion...I guess I should stay, lol!
    05-20-10 07:46 AM
    that maybe it. I read on here that all blackberry's starting with the 8530 had to be on the everything data plan
    That is false...i have an 8530 w/ SERO and $10 BB add-on
    05-20-10 10:22 AM
    Wow, I was starting to think Sprint had some good plans, but 20 bucks per line is atrocious! Then you added the BB Data plan to each phone?

I pay 160 a month through Tmobile and have them due to UMA at my house as I get no signal in there. (Nobody does) I have 700 family minutes, Unlimited text,data on two phones and insurance on two phones....total 5 phones...10 dollars a line, last one was 5...as I just got it as it is a special they are running.

Was thinking of trying to go with a cheaper plan sometime in the future and Sprint was an option....humm, Verizon sucks as they nail you with everything and now looks like Sprint is doing the same and I hate AT&T with a passion...I guess I should stay, lol!
    You should look at USCellulars map for your area and their plans.
    05-20-10 10:38 AM

OK, I have 3 lines, $114.49/month. 1500 minutes, unlimited mobile to mobile, unlimited text/data/blackberry/GPS/etc, unlimited minutes 7 PM-7 AM

For 5 lines you would pay 129.99 for 1st 2 lines, then $19.99/per for the other 3, for a total of 189.96 with same details as above no insurance. I get a 15% discount, so if you could get that you would be paying $161.46/month pre tax.
    05-20-10 04:28 PM
    OK, so it seems possible to add 9650 to a SERO plan (old SERO, I assume) and the only thing that is added is $10 BIS buyup. Just need a knowledgeable rep to do this. I would like a 9650 instead of Tour, but don't want to pay retail (not eligible for an upgrade yet) and have $50 1250 SERO voice only + free BIS. I would have to pay $400+ for the phone AND an extra $120 a year for exactly the same service - just to have wifi (don't need) and more memory (would be nice). I'll just wait for the retail price to come down in a few months and then think about it again.
    05-20-10 07:07 PM
    OK, I have 3 lines, $114.49/month. 1500 minutes, unlimited mobile to mobile, unlimited text/data/blackberry/GPS/etc, unlimited minutes 7 PM-7 AM

For 5 lines you would pay 129.99 for 1st 2 lines, then $19.99/per for the other 3, for a total of 189.96 with same details as above no insurance. I get a 15% discount, so if you could get that you would be paying $161.46/month pre tax.
    Don't forget another sweet part of this plan. You not only get unlimited mobile to mobile, but unlimited mobile to mobile on any carrier. I have the same plan exactly, 3 lines, 1500 minutes, etc. and rarely use more than half since they launched the Anymobile, Anytime as part of this plan. Much better deal than other carriers offer.......
    05-20-10 11:23 PM
    We have the $129.99 family plan - 1500 minutes unlimited everything else (data/text). 2 lines.

BES (Blackberry Enterprise Service) is a $20/month buy-up if you need that heightened security for enterprise e-mail through your work. Not to be confused with BIS which is included in the plan's rate.
    05-21-10 12:23 PM
50 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD