Has anyone coming from the 9630 to the 9650 noticed slower browser performance while not using wifi? Seems like the Bold I just got today, is slower...
    06-23-10 04:22 PM
    Not sure if you ever found a solution to your problem, however, I just came across another thread regarding the same problem. I was also noticing that the the browser speed was quite slow. This is an option that I had set on my Tour that I forgot about. I set the Tour back to "Blackberry" setting for something else, and forgot to switch back. I havent really used the browswer much since I did that. Now with the new Bold, open the browser and hit the blackberry key and bring up the menu, select 'options'. Then select the first option, 'browser configuration'. In that screen you should see a option for 'browser identification'. Change that from 'blackberry' to 'firefox'. Save it and test your browser speed. This seemed to help me.
    06-28-10 06:21 AM
    Not sure if you ever found a solution to your problem, however, I just came across another thread regarding the same problem. I was also noticing that the the browser speed was quite slow. This is an option that I had set on my Tour that I forgot about. I set the Tour back to "Blackberry" setting for something else, and forgot to switch back. I havent really used the browswer much since I did that. Now with the new Bold, open the browser and hit the blackberry key and bring up the menu, select 'options'. Then select the first option, 'browser configuration'. In that screen you should see a option for 'browser identification'. Change that from 'blackberry' to 'firefox'. Save it and test your browser speed. This seemed to help me.
    There is a definite difference in changing it to Firefox from BlackBerry.

Word of caution however. The BlackBerry browser allows for relative links to App World. If you send an app link to your phone and have the Firefox setting on, you won't get the option to download in app world but rather the same site you see in Firefox. Simply set it back to Blackberry and the link will appear
    06-28-10 02:56 PM
    the bold browser is slower.

i have a tour and a bold and i went to the same website at the same time from a bookmark on both phones and the tour loaded faster. both phones have the same internet settings across the board even font size.
    06-28-10 03:32 PM
    Disabling javascript will greatly increase the browser speed.
    06-28-10 03:36 PM
    ewww that made mine creep along...barely moved. Firefox doesn't work for me...
    06-28-10 03:42 PM
    You should really quote who you are talking to. Are you referring to my suggestion?
    06-28-10 03:47 PM
    I said FIREFOX doesn't work for me, I did the other suggestion...changed from blackberry to firefox
    06-28-10 03:50 PM
    Changing your browser identification, I believe is mainly for analytics. If you put firefox there, it will show up in the sites you visited in their analytics it will show 'firefox' as a browser.

Also if you want to see any difference, after you switch to firefox, you need to clear your cache.
    Last edited by Pi Guy 3.14; 06-28-10 at 03:54 PM.
    06-28-10 03:50 PM
    Yes, this has to be fixed. My old Tour with its sh!t trackball blew this load speed away. Im about tired of seeing "requesting", and Ive tried about every config there is. Bolt browser works faster here and there, but WiFi is the only thing with any speed. May have to load up .419 and see how it goes for now.
    06-28-10 04:28 PM
    Yeah my Bold's browsing speed is slower then my Tour's and Storm2's

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-28-10 04:36 PM
    Disabling javascript will greatly increase the browser speed.
    This is the best advice. I did this and it changed to "prompt when using" and now my browser load time is faster than my old tour and faster than the hubby's droid. I tried changing the browser from bb to firefox and IE and there seemed to be little or no difference between those with the javascript disabled. Most importantly though, clear your cache between changes. The difference is unbelievable.
    06-28-10 05:20 PM
    Ive noticed that the data access arrow indicators lay dormant longer than with my Tour, as if something has been throttled down, or access comes and goes in intervals.
    06-28-10 05:20 PM
    Me either. Disabling java script and images helps a lot. Re-enabling as needed.
    I'm using an app I found "network acc." Didn't seem to do much at first, but now it seems to have found it's groove. My oem browser is way better.
    06-28-10 05:25 PM
    This is the best advice. I did this and it changed to "prompt when using" and now my browser load time is faster than my old tour and faster than the hubby's droid. I tried changing the browser from bb to firefox and IE and there seemed to be little or no difference between those with the javascript disabled. Most importantly though, clear your cache between changes. The difference is unbelievable.
    fully worked. i had the worst service and now its perfect. better than my tour! yay!
    06-28-10 05:27 PM
    Ok, so I called Verizon. They said there was a lot of work being done on the network. Today my browser is extremely fast, with no changes in browser config.

06-29-10 10:09 AM
    Couldn't this also be an OS build issue? I know there's not a whole ton of options (6 I believe) out there yet for you lot in terms of official and leaked OS builds, but I have had varying speeds, "requesting" rates, etc. with different builds on my 9630 and other devices. I'm sure it would be the case for the 9650 as well.
    06-29-10 10:16 AM
    Couldn't this also be an OS build issue? I know there's not a whole ton of options (6 I believe) out there yet for you lot in terms of official and leaked OS builds, but I have had varying speeds, "requesting" rates, etc. with different builds on my 9630 and other devices. I'm sure it would be the case for the 9650 as well.
    That's what I thought at first, but mine is super fast today. ????

06-29-10 10:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD