help !!!
    I downloaded the software to my desktop, connected the BB and loaded Desktop Manager and I get nothing

after you download the software, u need to install the software on your PC
    after that, delete the vendor.xml file

after that, launch DM (strongly recommend 4.6) on your PC

plug in your device
    02-06-09 03:07 AM
    noticing a bug during video playback
    when i skip forward, the bb hangs and resets.

anyone getting that?
    02-06-09 05:10 AM
    help !!!
    I downloaded the software to my desktop, connected the BB and loaded Desktop Manager and I get nothing
    Scroll back to the top of this page mate.
    Had the same problem an solved it then left the solution in my thank you post..
    02-06-09 11:25 AM
    noticing a bug during video playback
    when i skip forward, the bb hangs and resets.

anyone getting that?
    No hangs for me but I seem to get the "unsupported video" error a lot now. Skipping forward a few seconds seems to cure it though.
    02-06-09 03:51 PM
    I'm with Rogers which still has .162 and I've followed all the instructions step by step deleting the vendor.xml and every time it says that there is no update for my phone. I tried it with DM 4.7 then I tried it with DM 4.6 then I tried using the loader.exe and they all tell me the same thing. There is no update! WTF WHYYYYYYY!?!?!?!?
    02-06-09 06:11 PM
    could someone explain what the net rim bis launch is? When i was updating my firmware it says the bis launch was being removed.
    02-07-09 01:13 PM
    okay just updated now youtube isnt loading. it was working great before with .167 OS. anyone else having trouble with this?
    02-07-09 08:44 PM
    upgraded to the 216 version and it has worked well so far.
    02-07-09 10:20 PM
    i updated to .216 and i am having a issue with windows live search and where...wls wont even open up after i install the app....where will load up but it can never find my GPS location....i can use google maps with no issues so i know my GPS works....anyone have any ideas.....
    02-08-09 03:15 PM
    I'm with Rogers which still has .162 and I've followed all the instructions step by step deleting the vendor.xml and every time it says that there is no update for my phone. I tried it with DM 4.7 then I tried it with DM 4.6 then I tried using the loader.exe and they all tell me the same thing. There is no update! WTF WHYYYYYYY!?!?!?!?
    Yep, I'm experiencing the same thing. Anyone with some guidance on this? Still trying to fingure this out. Thanks!
    02-08-09 05:17 PM
    I had a problem installing 4.6.0.216. I had installed it fine and then bricked the phone, it was stuck on 167 and wouldn't upgrade, I tried a bunch of different stuff nothing worked.

Today I got it! I went to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader and saw a file named Loader.exe. I double clicked on that one and it worked! So give that a try as well.

Dave
    Sorry, I missed this post before I asked for help. My bad.

I went about launching the upgrade as mentioned above and now it is underway. Just be sure to delete the 'Vendor.xml' file that is located in this folder before launching 'Loader.exe'. Should work without a problem!
    02-08-09 05:28 PM
    how do I revert back to an older firmware? I'm on .234 but want to switch back to .228. tried to search for it but couldn't find anything.
    02-09-09 01:20 AM
    how do I revert back to an older firmware? I'm on .234 but want to switch back to .228. tried to search for it but couldn't find anything.
    similar to upgrading. download .228
    uninstall .234 from your desktop
    install .228 on your desktop
    proceed with the usual upgrading process
    02-09-09 01:42 AM
    i updated to .216 and i am having a issue with windows live search and where...wls wont even open up after i install the app....where will load up but it can never find my GPS location....i can use google maps with no issues so i know my GPS works....anyone have any ideas.....
    I believe the WLS issue is a known issue for any OS above .185 (at least I think that was the last known OS it worked on). Not sure about "where."
    02-09-09 01:07 PM
    I have been running this OS for 3 weeks without any issues at all. Browser seems to work better and faster. Memory was running at 28 - 32 and now its consistent at 52. I would suggest this OS to those wanting to upgrade. Remember upgrade your OS at your own risk.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-09-09 07:51 PM
    How do you check what OS version you have on the BB?
    02-10-09 12:16 PM
    on your bb go to options then look for "about" and you'll find it in there
    02-10-09 03:19 PM
    Just wondering is there a All language version for this OS?
    02-10-09 08:50 PM
    Definitely, with the same link in the beginning of this thread the BB site the link connects to is RIM corporate so there are several language choices..
    Just wondering is there a All language version for this OS?
    02-11-09 01:28 AM
    I've spent quite a bit of time reading these forums about upgrading. I just bought my Bold a few weeks ago, with the .167 OS. I have read alot about the .210, .215 os upgrades and wonder just where these can be found. When I go on the BB site all I am offered is the .167. I did reload that in hopes of improving things and caused myself a bit of heartache when I lost some of the Apps that came with the phone. I figured that out and everything is close to "as it was" except I am missing one icon...but I don't know what it is. Anyways, is there a site I can go to find these OS upgrades? such as the .210 and .215? Thanks y'all, this is a great site!!
    02-11-09 02:09 AM
    I've spent quite a bit of time reading these forums about upgrading. I just bought my Bold a few weeks ago, with the .167 OS. I have read alot about the .210, .215 os upgrades and wonder just where these can be found. When I go on the BB site all I am offered is the .167. I did reload that in hopes of improving things and caused myself a bit of heartache when I lost some of the Apps that came with the phone. I figured that out and everything is close to "as it was" except I am missing one icon...but I don't know what it is. Anyways, is there a site I can go to find these OS upgrades? such as the .210 and .215? Thanks y'all, this is a great site!!
    not too sure if i can post links to betas
    but i tried googling for them
    just type 4.6.0.210 or 4.6.0.215 and you should get them
    02-11-09 03:01 AM
    not too sure if i can post links to betas
    but i tried googling for them
    just type 4.6.0.210 or 4.6.0.215 and you should get them
    Cool, thanks...looking for something to help the battery life and maybe the reception, otherwise I'm loving my BB
    02-11-09 03:15 AM
    the reception and the battery life should improve
    i should also inform you that there is a reported media player bug on .215

not present on .210 or .216
    i used both and can say that they are real stable
    02-11-09 04:30 AM
    I've just got my Bold for a little over a week. This is the best phone I ever got overall.

I tried to update the OS to .216 in the middle of the night, but got the following message:
    -Uncaught exception: java.lang.NullPointerException
    -Uncaught exception: java.lang.Error
    -Uncaught exception: ApplicationRegistry.waitFor(0x7491f7b6ae80681a)tim eout

I clicked ok a few times then the messages goes away. Is it something that needs to be fixed or I shouldn't have any problems?

Update: I removed the battery and replace it after a few minutes (like a windows restart). No error message.
    Last edited by slr_noob; 02-11-09 at 10:45 AM. Reason: additional information
    02-11-09 10:28 AM
    What does upgrading the OS do anyways? What differences does it give and can it mess anything up??
    02-11-09 10:43 AM
689 ... 2324252627 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD