05-29-09 06:34 AM
29 12
tools
    I played with a live 8900 today and it is not no bold. The bold it still faster and it has a better camera. But the 8900 Is smaller and lighter but If u drop it I thank it would come apart. the Thing I did like about it is it looks like a Cross bettween the Bold and Storm and the black track ball.
    05-28-09 08:53 PM
    Umm... The Bold has a better camera...? Yeah, alright...
    05-28-09 08:53 PM
    The 8900 is not meant to be a Bold, if it was they would have named it the Bold.

Its meant to be a replacement of the Curve models, which it does pretty well.
    05-28-09 08:56 PM
    From what I seen and the guy at the att store it did it zoomed it alot closer
    05-28-09 08:57 PM
    ya it is a better Curve
    05-28-09 08:57 PM
    ya it is a better Curve
    That was the point of the phone as far as I know. It wasnt meant to be a BOld. The Bold was meant to be a new device of its own with the larger layout.
    05-28-09 08:59 PM
    From what I seen and the guy at the att store it did it zoomed it alot closer
    Specs wise, the 8900 has a better camera. From my experiences, the 8900 has a better camera... It has the same camera as my Storm and no doubt my Storm's pics are better than my Bold's.
    05-28-09 08:59 PM
    the bold to me is neither faster or better and it definitely does NOT have a better camera, that is a crazy thing to say or you haven't actually seen the differnce. The bold is a great phone but is quickly becaoming outdated...old tech os not as good as new tech. spend some time with both phones and the 8900 will be your phone of choice....I did
    05-28-09 09:01 PM
    then the one I was playing had somthing wrong with the Camera
    05-28-09 09:01 PM
    I did i was playing with it for 4-5hrs
    05-28-09 09:03 PM
    the bold to me is neither faster or better and it definitely does NOT have a better camera, that is a crazy thing to say or you haven't actually seen the differnce. The bold is a great phone but is quickly becaoming outdated...old tech os not as good as new tech. spend some time with both phones and the 8900 will be your phone of choice....I did
    I use both. 8900 def has a better camera (waay better), but I didn't buy my phone to take pretty pictures. I bought a CAMERA for that.

The javelin is slower at browsing (waay slower), the backing is ghey compared to BOLD, and little stuff **** me off. Like I can't see any BBM messages/SMS/missed calls UNTIL I unlock it. WHAT THE HELL?

Also, you can't BBM while in a call? That is ********.

Cliff notes:
    -buy the 8900 to take pictures, then use the bold as a real phone/planner
    05-28-09 09:10 PM
    Or buy an actual camera

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-28-09 10:14 PM
    I dropped mine face down 4x's the first 4 days and nada! Not a scratch on it or anything. This phone is awesome
    05-28-09 10:16 PM
    lol... outdated? right... keep thinking that, buddy. that's the kind of talk that comes from people that don't fully understand the "technology they're speaking of.
    05-28-09 10:33 PM
    Yeah... What exactly about the 8900 is better than the Bold technology wise? A better camera? I'm sure it has nothing to do with the actual phone technology... Right? ie... 3G vs. EDGE. 8900 is actually simply a new phone based on old technology...

05-28-09 10:38 PM
    I dropped mine face down 4x's the first 4 days and nada! Not a scratch on it or anything. This phone is awesome
    wow, i hope you have an otterbox defender case on that thing....
    05-28-09 10:53 PM
    good one man
    05-28-09 10:56 PM
    The bold is better at compressing files and handling large sized files like power point presentations and spreadsheets all this because its faster processor.
    The only thing that the curve 8900 has better is the camer and probably the browser due to the OS. But that will be fixed with the 5.0 version of the OS.
    To some the screen of the curve is better because of its higher resolution, but since the physical size is smaller things tend to be smaller, so people with problems reading small stuff would prefer the bold.
    Also some like the curve 8900 form factor because it fits better in smaller hands.
    In processing power the bold does have an advantage. It also has 3G which is good for tethering and loading heavy web sites, as well as for sybchronizing files with a computer remotely

Last edited by gbsn; 05-28-09 at 11:00 PM.
    05-28-09 10:57 PM

Please explain to us why the Bold is outdated??? And how is the 8900
    "newer in technology" than the Bold? Jim Balsillie uses a Bold. I guess we'll have to break the news to him that he's using an outdated phone.
    05-28-09 10:59 PM
    Please explain to us why the Bold is outdated??? And how is the 8900
    "newer in technology" than the Bold? Jim Balsillie uses a Bold. I guess we'll have to break the news to him that he's using an outdated phone.
    So does Jim Rome...

05-28-09 11:02 PM
    The bold is in no way outdated technology, just because its camera is not that "good" it doesn't mean it is older technology. Another thing I noticed is that the bold is better at browsing folders with a large amount of files, specially pictures and displaying thumbnails and it lags less at multitasking processor intensive processes.

05-28-09 11:09 PM
    So does Jim Rome...

LOL. I mentioned Jim Balsillie on purpose.
    05-28-09 11:13 PM
    LOL. I mentioned Jim Balsillie on purpose.
    I know... But CEOs are so CEOey... Rome on the other hand is a Joe the Plumber sort of user we can all relate to...

05-28-09 11:20 PM
    the bold camera is craptastic at best. the 8900 takes a decent picture. neither will ever take a photo I would call quality.

this is my second go-round with the bold. I gave it up for a flip (after one week) and gave the flip up for an 8900. for my use (99.98% email/text) I don't find one to be better than the other. both keyboards are easy to use and I can't say 3G is the greatest thing since sliced bread because I don't use it to its full potential. I'm not enamored with the size of the bold either. after using it this time though, there is no way I can go back to an 8900. I went and played with one in the store today, thinking it would make a nice birthday gift. and while it is super small and cute, I didn't feel like I would be stepping up by switching back to it.

damn bold users! they got me. it's working. aghhhhhh...
    05-28-09 11:23 PM
    The bold is better at compressing files and handling large sized files like power point presentations and spreadsheets all this because its faster processor.
    Forgot about that. 8900's file compression is "outdated", or just plain inferior. The javelin ran outta space taking pictures long before my Bold has (actually my Bold hasn't yet), and my bold has about 12 songs on it, large JPEG's uploaded from my computer, camera pix...etc.

but since the physical size is smaller things tend to be smaller, so people with problems reading small stuff would prefer the bold.
    exactly. I think teh Javelin was geared towards women, and womenly men.
    05-28-09 11:26 PM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD