So I wanted to wait a couple of days for people to get use to the new 9650. Now my burning question is whether it would make since for me to move from the Curve 8530 to the 9650? I opened a 3rd line about 2 months ago and got the 8530 for free at bestbuy. once purchased I swapped ESNs with my 8330 which was on my main line so I could try out the track pad. My 13 yr old son got the 3rd line and the 8330. Well now I want to know if I should use my upgrade on the first line to get this Bold and give my son the 8530 back. Kevin said in the review that if you had the old BB it would be worth the upgrade. But what if you have the new curve?
    05-20-10 08:08 PM
    I also have a 8530 and was wondering the same thing. Seems to me the bold offers 3 main upgrades that will benefit me. 1. Better battery 2. Better keyboard 3. Better camera. Sure it has more memory etc but I haven't used up my memory in my 8530. I also like that it has the charging tabs on the back so i could use a drop in charger. Then I can have it as my alarm clock by the bed. I just wonder if i'll miss the media buttons up top.
    05-20-10 08:58 PM
    Aww, I forgot about my media buttons. i thought it was kind of kiddish at first but then found that it was pretty useful when listening to Pandora sometimes in the office. The other drawback to me having a curve is that my wife has the same phone and color.
    05-20-10 09:19 PM
    I also have a 8530 and was wondering the same thing. Seems to me the bold offers 3 main upgrades that will benefit me. 1. Better battery 2. Better keyboard 3. Better camera. Sure it has more memory etc but I haven't used up my memory in my 8530. I also like that it has the charging tabs on the back so i could use a drop in charger. Then I can have it as my alarm clock by the bed. I just wonder if i'll miss the media buttons up top.
    Just so ya know, you don't need a Bold to give yourself a Blackberry Alarm Clock...

05-21-10 12:27 AM
    Yeah, but I had the BB desk charger for my 8330, and that was pretty slick. I'm looking forward to having one again for my 9650.
    05-21-10 07:12 AM
    Let the flames begin. I just posted a thread similar in natire to this but from the perspective of moving from the 8330 or similar & what differences has anyone experienced. Somehow I didn't notice your thread.

I was running an 8330m and I would imagine while there are big changes from my former device to the Bold, those changes wouldn't be as dramatic from your 8530 aise from wi-fi, trackpad and the jump in memory.
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-21-10 07:26 AM
    I got the 8530 the day it came out, and while its a decent phone, it is what it is, a Starter Blackberry. I'm planning on upgrading to the 9650 the next time VZW runs a BoGo.
    05-21-10 09:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD