I'm not to tech savy. Is there a place that i can see what real reason there might be to change from a Curve 8310 to a Bold 9000? I want to swap from my AT&T carrier to Verizon , so this means I need a new phone. Was just planning on getting the Verizon 8330 but now I am seeing this Bold phone out. SHould I wait for it to become available???? thanks, doug
    08-16-08 06:17 PM
    Bold is going to be on AT&T not Verizon.
    08-16-08 06:18 PM
    If you want the BOLD, switching to Verizon will be a bad move as At&t will have exclusive rights for a while.

The BOLD will have twice the device memory, 3G, 1GB on board memory for media, bigger screen, better browser, Wifi and the list just goes on.
    08-16-08 06:21 PM
    Ok , that makes that easy. Thank you , off for a new 8330 I guess.
    08-16-08 06:22 PM
    Thats what happened with my curve. I wanted verizon but at&t had the exclusive. Now I would like a Bold but the same situation! At&t doesnt come in here for beans. I have to go with verizon for better reception. Why is RIM in bed with At&t? doug
    08-16-08 06:25 PM
    Thats what happened with my curve. I wanted verizon but at&t had the exclusive. Now I would like a Bold but the same situation! At&t doesnt come in here for beans. I have to go with verizon for better reception. Why is RIM in bed with At&t? doug
    Just the nature of the beast I suppose. I am sure there is a better answer to that question about Rim and At&t, yet I do not have it.
    08-16-08 06:46 PM
    Bold is going to be on AT&T not Verizon.

Jimmers: wrong. It will go to VZW.

Dug: here you go. This should bring some comfort to you. Although you may have to wait a little while. RIM BlackBerry Bold 9000 (AT&T) vs. RIM BlackBerry Bold 9000 (T-Mobile) vs. RIM BlackBerry Bold 9000 (Verizon Wireless) - infoSync Reviews)
    08-16-08 07:20 PM
    Great news! I will stay with AT&T for 6 more months until the Bold shows up at Verizon. Thanks, doug
    08-16-08 08:52 PM
    Well in that time you could also look into the thunder/storm but that's largely dependent on how receptive you are to a touch screen device

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-16-08 10:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD