hey guys

does anyone know what tech specs are required in a phone for it to be able to support 64 (or more) gb of expandable memory. i have over 50gb of music (don't really watch video on my phone) and i'd like to be able to transfer it all to my bb. with news that the next iphone may have a 64gb version, i'm keen to know if this will be the case with berries any time soon.

also, when do you think that such hardware will be in the market? do u think the qnx phones will have internals that can support 64gb?
    08-15-11 07:17 PM
    Someone first needs to make a 64gb media card that can fit in our phones. Once that is done then we can see about what is needed to get it to work in our phones. Apple does their own thing with their memory (not removable or up-gradable). No other company does their memory like Apple's. I don't see RIM (or any other company) doing it like Apple anytime soon.
    08-15-11 07:31 PM
    you can get two 32gb ones
    08-15-11 08:08 PM
    Someone first needs to make a 64gb media card that can fit in our phones. Once that is done then we can see about what is needed to get it to work in our phones. Apple does their own thing with their memory (not removable or up-gradable). No other company does their memory like Apple's. I don't see RIM (or any other company) doing it like Apple anytime soon.
    Kingmax flaunts world's first 64GB microSD card -- Engadget

there ya go
    08-15-11 08:10 PM
    i believe that the 32GB is the maximum size the 9900 will support.
    08-15-11 08:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD