Anyone load the newest leak on their 9650 yet? I'm pretty impressed with 621 so far but as always, interested in loading that new leak
    05-18-10 01:12 PM
    load it and let us know the difference!
    05-18-10 01:36 PM
    just tried and apploader won't see the newer OS to install, i upgraded to the newest bb manager and tried again, no go.
    05-18-10 01:39 PM
    Go to program files/common files/research in motion/app loader and open the loader and see if that works.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    05-18-10 02:18 PM
    I'm Assuming that 5.0 is the pre loaded OS ?
    05-18-10 02:19 PM
    .621 and .692 are both 5.0.

05-18-10 03:16 PM
    Go to program files/common files/research in motion/app loader and open the loader and see if that works.

I did that, thats how I always load my OS's
    05-18-10 03:41 PM
    And what happened? Try uninstalling the os, deleting the folder in the shared folder, and reinstall it.

05-18-10 03:44 PM
    And what happened? Try uninstalling the os, deleting the folder in the shared folder, and reinstall it.

tried that too, i'm no newbie. Still doesn't see it as an upgradable option..
    05-19-10 05:57 AM
    I was thinking to install this on rev j 9650 but didn't seem to work. Even after many failed attempts I am not getting the app loader to download this software. Hope to get some help from here.
    05-19-10 07:15 AM
    OK I d/L'd the leaked .692 from sprint on my 9650 today.

First Did the Desktop Manager Backup
    Then did the App backup using BBSAK
    Then using BBSAK again did a WIPE

Once the device came up with the error 507 went ahead and installed. Install went without a hitch however the reboot time once it completed concerend me at first. It apepared to hang on startup at approx 2/3rds way for about 15 mins but then finally did it thing.

Once completed did the Desktop Manager Restore of all my databases and then restored apps with the BBAK (** Note: The app restore failed indicating the device was not conencted) not a biggie for me really I just reinstaleld all apps manually

First Impressions with the .692 (Much Snappier) Browser speed seems to be no differnce(Stuck in a 1x area also so given up hope on fast browsing) and Radio strength seems to be same as on the .621

Calls are still crystal clear on headset as well as bluetooth

Trackpad (for me) seems much smoother on Home Screen I could swear before it would stick a lil but doesnt seem to be the case now.

Apps tested so far: WeatherBerry working flawlessly

Did a 2nd battery pull and boot ups are definatly not as quick as it was on the .621

Vendor Id: 104
    Platform: 4.2.0.315
    App version: 5.0.0.691 (1174)

Will post anything else as I come across it Good bad or otherwise.
    05-20-10 01:54 PM
    OK I d/L'd the leaked .692 from sprint on my 9650 today.

First Did the Desktop Manager Backup
    Then did the App backup using BBSAK
    Then using BBSAK again did a WIPE

Once the device came up with the error 507 went ahead and installed. Install went without a hitch however the reboot time once it completed concerend me at first. It apepared to hang on startup at approx 2/3rds way for about 15 mins but then finally did it thing.

Once completed did the Desktop Manager Restore of all my databases and then restored apps with the BBAK (** Note: The app restore failed indicating the device was not conencted) not a biggie for me really I just reinstaleld all apps manually

First Impressions with the .692 (Much Snappier) Browser speed seems to be no differnce(Stuck in a 1x area also so given up hope on fast browsing) and Radio strength seems to be same as on the .621

Calls are still crystal clear on headset as well as bluetooth

Trackpad (for me) seems much smoother on Home Screen I could swear before it would stick a lil but doesnt seem to be the case now.

Apps tested so far: WeatherBerry working flawlessly

Did a 2nd battery pull and boot ups are definatly not as quick as it was on the .621

Vendor Id: 104
    Platform: 4.2.0.315
    App version: 5.0.0.691 (1174)

Will post anything else as I come across it Good bad or otherwise.
    What version of desktop manager are you using?
    05-20-10 02:45 PM
    Im running desktop Mgr vers 5.0.1 <----- That was left over from the orginal 8330m i started out with. Now that I think about it I never installed anything from the cd's that came with the 9650, I just plugged the thing in adn off I went
    05-20-10 03:21 PM
    Dont know if this helps any but here is the link where I d/l'd the file. Also the onlyt hing I used Desktop Mgr for was backing up my files and reinstalling them , I installed using the loader.exe

BlackBerry Bold 9650 OS 5.0.0.692 Leaked - BlackBerry Leaks - Blackberry news, software, videos, info, reviews, previews
    05-20-10 03:42 PM
    thx i'll try some other things here
    05-21-10 06:43 AM
    Battery life on .692 is much better now I am happy to report

Google Maps: Im not sure if this is a 9650 thing or a .692 thing but Google Mpas works great now. Puts me within 20 meters of where I actually am as opposed to before I was about 3000 meters off So more good news
    05-21-10 08:59 AM
    I'm so far happy with the 692. My signal is actually stronger. Will test battery today.

BTW I have found the most sure way to be able to load your choice of OS is to use BBSAK and wipe the device. Then there is no software to compare to and your OS of choice will load. I also then use ShrinkAOS to shrink out the OS, since SAOS has to be pointed to the OS folder you can then use the "load my OS" button on that window and it loads right up.
    05-21-10 10:11 AM
    first thing I did when I got my 9650 last night was load up .692... however, after about 12hrs... I just felt it was kinda sluggish... so reverted back to .621 for now... gonna wait a bit to update again... no issues so far to report with .621... Gmaps running great... accurate, etc... battery life seems decent so far (almost on par with my 9700)... draining since i'm setting everything back up and playing with it more right now as it's brand new but overall no complaints on batt life so far...

cheers
    05-21-10 10:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD