This is an old 9700 I've had for almost 1.5 years. In the last couple of months it started behaving badly. Sometimes it would work for a few minutes, and then turns off suddenly, and blink 4 times periodically. I searched on the web, and it turned out to mean I have a corrupted OS, but it would turn on after 10 or so minutes, then shuts down and does the 4 blinks sequence all over again.

Please, if you know how to fix this, tell me. I've been suffering far too long.
    08-21-11 05:15 PM
    Now it is giving me 2 consecutive blinks instead of 4. What's up with that?
    08-21-11 05:37 PM
    Are they two long, two short, or long long, short short, long short long short, or short long, short long?

Google those in the form of beeps, such as two long, two short, four long, etc. It represents the errors computers usually give off.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-22-11 12:05 AM
    I did search for them, but I didn't find any good results. They are all short blinks.
    4 blinks: short short short short pause short short short short.
    2 blinks: short short pause short short.
    08-22-11 10:02 AM
    I did search for them, but I didn't find any good results. They are all short blinks.
    4 blinks: short short short short pause short short short short.
    2 blinks: short short pause short short.
    4 short pause plus 4 short: flash memory corrupted/flashed out
    2 short pause plus 2 short: unseated ram chip (since you cannot) really "reseat it", it's likely shorted or worn out.
    You've got a paperweight.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-22-11 02:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD