Well if it is true, which I highly doubt, then the AT&T bolds would have to go through FCC approval again so until this is shown to have happened it's all B.S.
    That's not correct. If what is being changed is just different ver of the same chipset, or in this case correcting a defective chipset no additional FCC approval is required.

Be cynical all you want. All I have done is explain to people here what I know and what has happened through the course of testing the Bold.
    09-14-08 04:48 PM
    I use Outlook 2007 and have no problem with all day events.
    09-14-08 05:05 PM
    Thanks for confirming that phonegeek (and for your earlier comments also)... your first paragraph confirms what I had previously stated also, but others seem to think differently.

I am sure however that this is not something which RIM would want to shout about too loudly though, or purchasers of earlier 'builds' are going to want to exchange their Bolds for a later 'version'.

I am sure also that if any minor modification is made to the Bold, such as the chipset updating you mentioned, then this 'new build' will also, I assume, be shipped to other operators (besides AT&T), and will eventually reach the UK.

Do you know if, or more to the point how, it will be possible to identify the later releases? By the 'branding' number possibly, or is this something different altogether?
    09-14-08 05:13 PM
    I got my bold unbranded, unlocked from the UK. came with 126, upgraded twice already, currently using 147.
    The upgrade to 134 was excellent but after the upgrade to 147 i've found the following:
    slower connection to 3g
    much faster battery drain
    errors in the os requiring frequent restarts
    gps is not locking coordinates
    is it just me?
    09-14-08 05:25 PM
    I got my bold unbranded, unlocked from the UK. came with 126, upgraded twice already, currently using 147.
    The upgrade to 134 was excellent but after the upgrade to 147 i've found the following:
    slower connection to 3g
    much faster battery drain
    errors in the os requiring frequent restarts
    gps is not locking coordinates
    is it just me?
    Yes it's pretty much just you.
    09-14-08 05:50 PM
    That's not correct. If what is being changed is just different ver of the same chipset, or in this case correcting a defective chipset no additional FCC approval is required.

Be cynical all you want. All I have done is explain to people here what I know and what has happened through the course of testing the Bold.
    Please stop spreading speculation on your part about things that you have no factual proof of. Especially something that would in fact be such a big deal to every current bold owner. I know ppl inside of RIM here in Canada and they know that there's no basis for this outlandish theory.
    09-14-08 05:54 PM
    I'm currently running v4.6.0.125 on Rogers. I noticed on the Rogers site there is a download for a v4.6.0.242.... is the most recent OS? Or should I be looking to install .134 that everyone is talking about?
    09-14-08 06:14 PM
    I'm currently running v4.6.0.125 on Rogers. I noticed on the Rogers site there is a download for a v4.6.0.242.... is the most recent OS? Or should I be looking to install .134 that everyone is talking about?
    What? .2xx? Please PM or PIN the link to me, I really wanted to have a look. Sounds not possible.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-14-08 06:19 PM
    A couple of notes.

First off at&t released 4.6.0.147 to device testers on 9/8 and were told not to load it on the devices we had in hand which are the same chipset as the Rogers hw release.

We received new hardware on the afternoon of 9/8 and this was the second time RIM has done a complete hardware swap for device testers. 4.6.0.147 is being called the "new" final release candidate and the shipped devices for at&t will be at least 4.6.0.147.

So if you are using the 4.6.0.147 on the Roger's release Bold their MAY be issues, what I have been told was that the HW changes are related to 3G chips so the new SW may not help you much if you were having 3G issues on .134....
    phonegeek, are we looking at another delay here? i know you don't have a lot of inside information, but brand new hardware on 9/8 seems like it does not bode well for 10/2...
    09-14-08 06:31 PM
    If you look closely the actual application version (OS) is 4.6.0.125 which is the version that Roger's Bolds are shipping with. The .134 OS is the most recent leaked beta.
    09-14-08 06:39 PM
    Great thanks for checking into that for me. Not to ask a stupid question, but seeing as I haven't really experienced any major problems with my phone, is it worth the upgrade?
    09-14-08 06:44 PM
    If you look closely the actual application version (OS) is 4.6.0.125 which is the version that Roger's Bolds are shipping with. The .134 OS is the most recent leaked beta.

.134 is not the latest leaked beta OS, .147 is.
    09-14-08 07:50 PM
    phonegeek, are we looking at another delay here? i know you don't have a lot of inside information, but brand new hardware on 9/8 seems like it does not bode well for 10/2...
    Since it's not true anyway, NO there shouldn't be another delay.
    09-14-08 07:51 PM
    .134 is not the latest leaked beta OS, .147 is.
    My mistake, meant to say .147. I'm at work and got distracted. Probably shouldn't be on CB. Oh well, can't help it.
    09-14-08 08:14 PM
    Since it's not true anyway, NO there shouldn't be another delay.
    i don't understand why you're being so defensive against information from a highly trusted source. at&t device testers would probably be the people to ask about at&t devices-- if there really has been another hardware recall, there is a very real chance of another retail delay. and honestly, considering the track record the bold has had so far and at&t's perfectionism with new devices (especially after the iphone 2.x nonsense) it is really not far-fetched.

phonegeek, i eagerly await your answer. i don't want another delay, but i don't want a crap device either. your original rumor said halloween-- all the rumors recently have pointed to october 2nd. have you heard anything new?
    09-14-08 08:24 PM
    i don't understand why you're being so defensive against information from a highly trusted source. at&t device testers would probably be the people to ask about at&t devices-- if there really has been another hardware recall, there is a very real chance of another retail delay. and honestly, considering the track record the bold has had so far and at&t's perfectionism with new devices (especially after the iphone 2.x nonsense) it is really not far-fetched.

phonegeek, i eagerly await your answer. i don't want another delay, but i don't want a crap device either. your original rumor said halloween-- all the rumors recently have pointed to october 2nd. have you heard anything new?
    The reason is cause phonegeek was and is only speculating that the reason the AT&T testers were given different bolds was cause he thinks that they have new hardware when they were not actually told that from RIM. As I mentioned before, the units the AT&T testers were using were probably still beta units and RIM wanted them to actually test productions units with the newer .147 OS.
    09-14-08 08:37 PM
    The reason is cause phonegeek was and is only speculating that the reason the AT&T testers were given different bolds was cause he thinks that they have new hardware when they were not actually told that from RIM. As I mentioned before, the units the AT&T testers were using were probably still beta units and RIM wanted them to actually test productions units with the newer .147 OS.
    He did not say he was speculating, you apparently read that it to his statement. He was pretty unequivocal, so I guess you could argue that he has not present any objective proof to support his statement but then you would run into the issue of his track record of reliability.

When someone says probably (or any other word that conveys equivocation), I infer that they are guessing. For example, "the AT&T testers were using were probably still beta units".

The bottom line is you can take phonegeek's statements for what you think they are worth. There is no need to be defensive or assail the poster's that chose to give greater value to his comments.
    09-14-08 09:07 PM
    Man some of you need to take a chill pill, this thread has some serious "anger" issues.

We are only talking about a Blackberry here, not world peace
    09-14-08 09:23 PM
    Anyone else experiencing any Google Sync issues?

For one, not all of the events I create on my BB are uploaded to my Google Calendar. I don't really care other than to share my calendar with some people.

Anyone know how to fix this? What about the birthday creations in the contact lists creating events the day previous to the birthday at 8pm?

Honestly, very simple issues, and I'm disappointed as **** that neither google or rim can get this right.
    09-14-08 10:23 PM
    For birthdays I believe it always created an event a day before to remind you. I don't know if you can change it.
    For your google sync issue you should probably try manually syncing the events

I found .147 to have better battery life, but still have issues with 3G and web browsing
    The web browsing is a bit better but browsing with javascript is still wonky
    09-14-08 11:17 PM
    Battery Life could stand to be a little bit better. I still have to charge it at least once a day. I would like it to for at least two.
    09-14-08 11:24 PM

147 seems to be a step back when it comes to memory. Going from 38m to 22m with light use over two days.
    I noticed the same thing. After upgrading from .125 to .147 my mem drops to around 22-24. Before it was consistently in the 30s.

Also noticed the clock loading icon coming up more frequently.

Browsing is definitely faster though. Are you guys still leaving javascript off?
    09-15-08 01:06 AM
    Battery Life could stand to be a little bit better. I still have to charge it at least once a day. I would like it to for at least two.
    Very difficult with a 3G smartphone.
    09-15-08 01:45 AM
    Please report back, I'm curious about the new firmware addressing the 3G issue. I've had no problems whatsoever with .126, but this is not the case for some friends of mine.

I still am not able to stay on 3G, as the BB logo next to the 3G keeps disappearing and then data services dont workk ...

I've has this issue with .134 and .147
    09-15-08 02:55 AM
    I have the same 3G issue. This morning I woke up to my phone on EDGE with full signal. I live in a 3G zone but yet I get 3G drops even with .147. I upgraded from .134 which also dropped 3G. I remember on Sat (.134 soft still) it dropped the signal in mid call which resulted in a disconnect.

09-15-08 08:29 AM
225 ... 56789
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD