Hi,

I purchased my bold 9900 three months ago, it was working fine until last week i did a software update and i am not getting 3G signal, it says no service or sometimes SOS, but when i select 2G it works, i tried everything downgrading the software, upgrading, resetting still the problem is not getting solved. 3G signal is not detecting, Tried my switching my sim in different phone the 3G works fine and getting full bars.

Please help me what could be wrong with my 3G signal in my blackberry 9900.
    12-25-11 01:10 AM
    Would appreciate some response please.
    12-25-11 03:19 AM
    Have the same problem. Unfortunately no solution. Service claims to be a faulty motherboard.
    If you check/uncheck the mobile network what happens? At my device constant reboots.
    Have changed over 10 bb devices overall and this one is by far disappointing.
    12-25-11 03:33 AM
    The 9900/9930 signal strength and quality will never be as strong as other BB devices, as the antennae are wrapped in a solid stainless steel band... same as the iPhone 4
    If it was fine before the update, w8 for another update it shall be fixed. or you can try one more thing manually select your network, then select NO in the next option box (other options will be YES and Prompt) and select 3G only.
    Do post your feedback!
    12-25-11 03:34 AM
    Thanks for the info, i tried scanning manually also it doesn't detect any signal at all. when i select 2g and scan it gives a list of network but 3g doesn't. i tried downgrading upgrading my os still nothing, even installed the new os update 7.0.0.585 still the same.
    12-25-11 03:41 AM
    Have you tried another SIM in the phone? Leave the device on 3G only... not 2G/3G.
    12-25-11 05:33 AM
    Try installing your carriers OS in 9900
    May be it will have correct sfi for your wireless carrier.
    12-25-11 05:49 AM
    Probably won't help but i removed battery while my phone was on & this actually cured the same problem for me last month.
    12-25-11 06:02 AM
    Yes i did try put another sim in the phone, still no 3G, all of a sudden this happend? could it be hardware issue ?.. i did install my carrier os still the same.
    12-25-11 08:47 AM
    i was a black berry user since i was in dubai im home for 3 months and im availing the 1 month internet package of smart for the previous month that i am here i reload it last april 27 it work half day but after that till now its not working anymore....wtf????pls help me what i should i need my wats app back....i even went to smart offices but they cant give me precise answer,,,they are blaming blackberry what kind of service is this?? i want my 3g back,,,,,,blackberry is not the problem wake up smart buddy u have so much subscriber u r getting money from us...be responsible pls
    04-30-13 09:59 AM
    I'm having the same problm and I only have the phne for 3wks could it be that the phne partially came in2 contact with water or could it be the fact that I bought it from a pakistani shop.......cos I'm getting a feeling that the phone could b fake
    11-13-13 10:55 AM
    Need help cannot download at all now........
    11-13-13 11:01 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD