Greetings everybody,

My wife and I each have a Blackberry Bold 9000, both from Rogers Wireless in Canada. We are each running v4.6.0.162.

Her BB is working fine, no issues to report on it.

However on my BB, I have trouble getting a 3G signal. I can rarely get over 1 bar in 3G (indoors or outdoors), and when I actually try to browse with it, the browser just hangs forever, and I'm also unable to make calls. If my phone puts me in EDGE mode, then things usually work fine until my phone goes back into 3G when it doesn't work.

The only way to make my phone "usable" that I've found was to go into my Mobile Network Options, and force my phone to use only 2G instead of "3G or 2G".

My wife, with the exact same model of phone, with the exact same provider, exact same OS, and exact same location can use 3G with no problem at all.

Do you guys have any suggestions as to a possible solution for me? I have already done many battery pulls with no success. Has anybody else had similar issues? Is there any way to fix it? Do you think Rogers would be able to fix this?
    06-24-09 01:10 PM
    I think Rogers should replace the phone.
    06-24-09 01:12 PM
    I think Rogers should replace the phone.
    Same sentiments. You don't have to go through this. You bought the phone
    and have the right to have it replaced.
    06-24-09 01:20 PM
    Yes, I would go to Rogers and ask for a replacement, stating everything you just stated in the original post.
    06-24-09 02:25 PM
    I used to get bad reception on my phone (long time ago) The guy tried to convince me that it was the area, but all my friends had great reception (same network). You should just get a new phone either from rodgers or RIM
    06-24-09 02:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD