I am in canada, toronto with rogers.
    I just did a battery pull and then found out that my 3G (with BB logo) goes to 3g (without BB logo)
    tried a battery pull again, and this time is even worse, 3g is gone.
    trying to open webpage, I was told that "data is not available"
    anyone is experiencing the same thing? how to fix it? I have done numerous battery pull. My location is downtown core, and usually signal is very good with 5 bars.
    01-14-10 10:35 AM
    Be patient. On occassion they update the cell towers. Probably the case here. It'll be back.
    01-14-10 10:40 AM
    Is your account up to date? Try making a phone call and see if you get redirected to Rogers.
    01-14-10 11:00 AM
    now it's back to 3G (with that 4 dots BB logo) after i did another battery pull.
    however, I noticed something strange:
    when i open "my account" icon to check my data and/or airtime usage, the BB logo beside 3G icon disappeared.
    That "my account" icon basically just opens a browser to check account profile.
    i need to open the browser again to navigate to other sites in order to get that BB logo back.
    what is that BB logo beside 3G icon?
    01-14-10 11:34 AM
    If you want to know exactly what your connection is goto Manage Connections and look at Service Status. Slowly walk around the room and watch it. You may have some interfearance, thay may be working on the tower or any mumber of things. Watch it today and watch it tomorrow in several locations. Cell phone frequencies are not much more than line of sight. That's why there are towers everywhere (hence Cell Phone). It does not take much to alter the signal temporarly. If you have a problem with data or making calls over a period of time then you may have a hardware problem. Don't drive yourself nuts watching the signal.
    01-14-10 12:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD