In my network mode it's set at 2G/3G by default, should I set it at 3G only?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-03-11 03:21 PM
    It's up to you... do you have a strong 3G signal where you are?

If not, leave it on 3G/2G. That's what I do.

09-03-11 03:35 PM
    Someone at my carrier told me to leave it at 3G always, especially if I was having issues with data.
    09-03-11 04:48 PM
    Not good advice.

If you enter a poor 3G reception area, you'll drop to SOS and have no data.

At least with the 3G/2G option, if you lose 3G you still have 2G/EDGE to fall back on for data.

diegonei likes this.
    09-03-11 05:16 PM
    if Stay on 3G then Your Network aren't fully supported, Your Phone will keep searching FOr the network, It will be Give YOu SOS and Battery Drained..
    2G/3G for sure, so if You had problem on 3G your phone Will automatically catch 2G network
    09-03-11 07:45 PM
    Not good advice.

If you enter a poor 3G reception area, you'll drop to SOS and have no data.

At least with the 3G/2G option, if you lose 3G you still have 2G/EDGE to fall back on for data.

this is the best advice. if you were to lose a 3G signal (regardless if its strong or not, sometimes it does drop to EDGE only), you will still have 2G data to fallback on.

leaving it on 3G, like Phill said, will result with you going to SOS with NO signal. no point in that.

leave it on 3G/2G at all times.
    09-04-11 01:44 AM
    Myself, I set it to 2G at home since VIVO's 3G signal is crap here indoors.

That is not the case of the rest of the city so I go 3G as soon as I step outside.

If you're in a situation like mine, 2G/3G will have your phone switching between the two like crazy and your battery will not last long.
    09-04-11 08:05 AM
    here I get 3G wherever I go, so I set 2G/3G
    09-04-11 07:41 PM
    I set mine on 2G + WiFi at home. Outside I turn off WiFi, and if I need speed to load web pages or something I simply switch to 3G.

09-04-11 08:27 PM
    if your carrier only supports 3G, set it only to 3G. TELUS only supports 3G, so that should be an answer on it's own when 2G displays SOS.

09-04-11 10:09 PM
    I set mine on 2G + WiFi at home. Outside I turn off WiFi, and if I need speed to load web pages or something I simply switch to 3G.

I do the same..

Saves battery life too..
    09-05-11 09:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD